Options

Will Phil and Shirley reunite in 2014?

sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm going to pick yes because I think it's time for them to get back together.

Thoughts?

Will Phil and Shirley reunite in 2014? 52 votes

Yes
30%
John Doughhaphashedduk1981dontyougetitSuperAPJDr K Noisewaterthebestbitemmageeringleahrosre[Deleted User]sarahcadhillMr Patrick[Deleted User]iMatt_101Ozboz3joshua_martin 16 votes
No
51%
ValliTmossy2103jamesc_715bass55[Deleted User][Deleted User]Digital SidIgguldenbig danSpiderMan 83hils0912Hound of Love[Deleted User][Deleted User]AngelicPrincesspriscillaameew[Deleted User]guestofsethJames_Vick 27 votes
Unsure
17%
monalisa62003valdvaslav37[Deleted User]O-Jryanr554LuxrayKBambiSoulStarDreamer 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    No
    No, they're done. Putting Shirley with phil no would mean too much Shirley (in combo with her family). The character is not leading lady material and not popular enough to front the show (as kat, Sharon, Stacey before). Dtc knows this - he doesn't want to turn off more viewers.

This more than anything has actually convinced me they r done.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Unsure
    Not sure. Shirley is a good character that could easily become the new Pat in time. If they put her back with Phil they need to have an equal relationship.
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    No
    No they are over, gone, finished for good.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unsure
    Shirley should be the new Pat and Sharon the new Peggy...
  • Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the most important question you forgot to add:
    DOES ANYONE CARE!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    Yes
    I voted yes :) I think it was obvious to everyone in the last hospital scene that there was still feelings between the two of them. She was going out of her way to sort Carl out before she started her 'new life', she was only leaving because she couldn't face the fact she still loves him.
  • Options
    Stacey_SlaterStacey_Slater Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    I think they are suited to each other
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    No
    No. A reunion would destroy any credibility as a character she has left. Her letting go of her bitterness does not and should not = getting back with Phil.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You never know, they've got more chance then him and Sharon put it this way.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No thank you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    No
    I can't wait for mona to see this thread.

What you guys reckon: 12, 13 pages?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No
    Harlowe wrote: »
    You never know, they've got more chance then him and Sharon put it this way.

For some reason, I think Phil and Sharon have more chance than Phil and Shirley... I know Phil and Sharon are over but there's no way Shirley will forgive Phil for Heather's death.
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,955
    Forum Member
    Unsure
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    For some reason, I think Phil and Sharon have more chance than Phil and Shirley... I know Phil and Sharon are over but there's no way Shirley will forgive Phil for Heather's death.
    she partly already has, she wanted him to ask her to stay before she left and she went to sort out carl for him.

phil and sharon have no longetivity. they should be focussing on couples who can go the long haul
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No
    she partly already has, she wanted him to ask her to stay before she left and she went to sort out carl for him.

phil and sharon have no longetivity. they should be focussing on couples who can go the long haul

Phil and Sharon have that... Not Phil and Shirley. Phil and Sharon know each other a lot, they have a lot of history and they are perfect together. But I know Phil and Sharon won't reunite. I was just saying they have more chance than Shirley and Phil. But I accept that Phil and Sharon may not get back together :)
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    No
    If it hastens Sharon's axe I'm all for it, but probably not. Speaking of Shirley, have we had an explanation for her disappearance yet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No
    If it hastens Sharon's axe I'm all for it, but probably not. Speaking of Shirley, have we had an explanation for her disappearance yet?

Carl probably paid her off I think. I have no idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Unsure
    Phil and Sharon have that... Not Phil and Shirley. Phil and Sharon know each other a lot, they have a lot of history and they are perfect together. But I know Phil and Sharon won't reunite. I was just saying they have more chance than Shirley and Phil. But I accept that Phil and Sharon may not get back together :)
    sharon will never love phil like she did denis or grant. she will always choose other men over him. she only went to phil on the rebound. thats not the way to establish longevity.

phil and shirley act like theyve been married for yearrs..especially in the hospital scenes before she left.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No
    sharon will never love phil like she did denis or grant. she will always choose other men over him. she only went to phil on the rebound. thats not the way to establish longevity.

phil and shirley act like theyve been married for yearrs..especially in the hospital scenes before she left.

Interesting point :)

But I suppose if Phil and Shirley want to get back together, they'll have to address all of the problems. I forgot DTC created Shirley so there's a possibility that Shirley and Phil may actually reunite. Unless he does a Phil/Shirley/Sharon love triangle :rolleyes:

I have never liked Shirley but I may actually like her if she softens her attitude.
  • Options
    ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unsure
    I love Phil and Shirley together, they were perfect for each other so I would love them to reunite some time in the future.

Too much shit has went on between them though so I don't see it as a possibility.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No
    ryanr554 wrote: »
    I love Phil and Shirley together, they were perfect for each other so I would love them to reunite some time in the future.

Too much shit has went on between them though so I don't see it as a possibility.

Shirley would be a doormat if she reunites with Phil. Of all the woman Phil had been with, Shirley was the one who Phil treated the worst. But you never know, they may get back together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Unsure
    Interesting point :)

But I suppose if Phil and Shirley want to get back together, they'll have to address all of the problems. I forgot DTC created Shirley so there's a possibility that Shirley and Phil may actually reunite. Unless he does a Phil/Shirley/Sharon love triangle :rolleyes:

I have never liked Shirley but I may actually like her if she softens her attitude.

i think they have addressed a number of problems and imo theyre slowly doing this in a subtle way with everyone turning against phil and him being on his own. shirleys the only one who has always stuck by him and would do anything for him. i even think phil has started to see this with the way he was with ronnie last week.
    Shirley would be a doormat if she reunites with Phil. Of all the woman Phil had been with, Shirley was the one who Phil treated the worst. But you never know, they may get back together.

i would say lisa was the worst. he never hit shirley. the worst he did was cheat on her and lie a few times.

it depends how they do it. if it was like before they split then no i dont want that. i want him to properly fall for her this time and genuinely want to be with her even before anything happened
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I certainly hope they get back together. They are perfect for each other.
  • Options
    James_VickJames_Vick Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No
    No...
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phils always been ambitious with his women thats why he will go after bottle blonde Sharon. Shirley is leftovers. She's whats left when there is just scrag end left. Shes useful when you are hungry and there is nothing else on offer.

But he never loved her. Useful for easy sex, housekeeping and not much more. When he gets a better offer he's off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Unsure
    Phils always been ambitious with his women thats why he will go after bottle blonde Sharon. Shirley is leftovers. She's whats left when there is just scrag end left. Shes useful when you are hungry and there is nothing else on offer.

But he never loved her. Useful for easy sex, housekeeping and not much more. When he gets a better offer he's off.

thats pathetic. if thats the case whats with all the scenes in the summer before she went off and roumers he will rescue her?

hes been with sharon since, yet he was more bothered about shirley leaving him.

in his mind she might have been that but she clearly means more to him. he chose her over glenda and rainie. he couldve easily dropped shirley for them if he wanted to. its not like he kept the affairs going

EE kept painting them as a couple that would never be the same again after the heather/ben stuff. that was supposed to destroy what they had. otherwise it was pointless if they had nothing !!