Nurse BBC2

2»

Comments

• mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really like this now, the dynamic between the characters is excellent.

I assume that each of the subjects was filmed in one go, or the make up demands would have been too much to put up with.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Ep2 never appeared on Sky On Demand for whatever reason so didn't bother with it or ep3.

If I have a spare 30mins I might nip on to iPlayer to give it another go. I wasn't totally hooked by the first ep though.
  • VetinariVetinari Posts: 3,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This excellent series has now ended and there was no announcement about a follow up.

Strange that something as good as this gets virtually ignored.
  • MilliepuppyMilliepuppy Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Loved it ... Brilliantly drawn characters ... More please. !!
  • Condor7Condor7 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    I also loved it, brilliant subtle clever comedy.
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its over? :eek: Darn, really enjoyed it. Deserves another series no question.
  • baggiovalderrambaggiovalderram Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent series...felt quite emotional when the guy got out of bed with his frame at the end...very well observed...
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    Its over? :eek: Darn, really enjoyed it. Deserves another series no question.

Oh, only just realised it was only four episodes long. Seems awful short for a series! :o:(
    Forum Member
    I wondered if it was originally planned for BBC4. It seems the type of show.
    They've tried out series before giving them 3 or 4 episodes for a first series. A bit like a pilot series.
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched all four episodes on CatchUp over the weekend and thought it was brilliant. The nurse is lovely. And Paul Whitehouse is so brilliant at portraying his characters' sadness. I love Lorrie.
    Forum Member
    Ep2 finally appeared on Sky On Demand so thought i'd give it a chance. Much better than Ep1 imo.

Will give the other two a go now.
  • daicolldaicoll Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Nice attempt at irony but a bit lame and not worth a new series..The attempts by Paul Whitehouse to become a new Alistair Sim or the sublime Alec Guinness falls very short.
    Forum Member
    I think that's the reason it was hidden away on BBC4. It's not a Harry & Paul type show.

It's more Playhouse Presents on Sky Arts and BBC4 is where things like this end up even though apparently it's not commissioning comedy anymore (if you take this as being a drama/comedy)
    Forum Member
    I watched the final episode last night and thought it got better as the series went along.

My favourites were Jack, the squaddie with PTSD and the old guy Herbert.

I did wonder though why they had two characters with the same disorder (Herbert and Phyllis), unless they were to distinguish different stages or two disorders that seem the same but are different - which may have caught me out?

Loved Jimmy's Top Gear rant :D
  • kitchenpersonkitchenperson Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I thought the content was good but not overly impressed by Whitehouse. I'm a big fan of his but he seemed to be pulling out characters from his adverts and using that crappy makeup that he used in Harry & Paul and the adverts and the old Jewish guy was like a version of Arthur Atkinson.
    The morbidly obese character is transplanted from "Bellamy's People" too.
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope it gets a second series.
    Wish The Rayn Men would re-release "What Did Santa Get For Christmas?" 😉
  • MontyzumaMontyzuma Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    The morbidly obese character is transplanted from "Bellamy's People" too.

Graham Downs is the character. He was a regular caller in the radio comedy 'Down The Line' hosted by Gary Bellamy. There were a few other oddballs
    I would have liked to see on screen