Options

BBC WM New presenter line-up and Les Ross leaves BBC WM.

124»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anyone record les ross last show?
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    Radio nut.

You keep asking about whether anyone recorded various people's last shows on Radio WM.

But if you're in the West Midlands, surely you'd be able to do it - or at listen on iPlayer?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well i would have done,but i was working
  • Options
    dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan Sette wrote: »
    Radio nut.

You keep asking about whether anyone recorded various people's last shows on Radio WM.

But if you're in the West Midlands, surely you'd be able to do it - or at listen on iPlayer?
    radio nut wrote: »
    well i would have done,but i was working

All week (in the case of the iplayer)?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cant download it in library
  • Options
    RadioJohnRadioJohn Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to the local newspaper Tony Buttler is leaving BBC WM at the end of May, i wonder if he will retire or will he turn up somewhere else??
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    Which would co-incide with the end of the football season.

Doesn't he travel from Stafford way? Perhaps he is retiring, feeling the journey is too much to consider another full year.

He's a bit of an icon, so would assume that WM haven't pushed.

He said today: “I have been offered a few shows at the BBC but I don’t want to be one of those people who clings on too long. I’ve got some holidays booked but apart from that I’ve got no plans.”

http://www.expressandstar.com/2009/04/26/butler-retires-after-60-year-career/

On the other hand

BBC axes radio legend Tony Butler

VETERAN radio star Tony Butler is set to bring the curtain down on a 60-year media career next month after becoming an “embarrassment” to the BBC.

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top-stories/2009/04/27/bbc-axes-radio-legend-tony-butler-97319-23482106/
  • Options
    The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bumping this thread to report some big changes on BBC WM to coincide with the start of the new football season.

Mark Regan returned to the Football Phone-In at the start of the new season, which airs from Monday to Thursday between 7-8pm.

Launching this show was one of the first things Rego did on joining the station from BRMB at the start of 2003/04, hosting it for the first season before handing over the reins to Tony Butler for the past five years.

The return of the Football Phone-In means the Evening Show with Rob Gurney & Dan Wheeler reverts back to an 8-10pm timeslot between Monday and Thursdays, as it did when the pair first took over from Daz Hale in April before Butler left.

By the looks of their profile page on the WM website, Gurney & Wheeler are to be permanent presenters of this show rather than stand-ins.

Meanwhile, after leaving the BBC in May, Tony Butler has resurfaced on the Birmingham/Black Country/Coventry Gold stations. He's the new co-host of Tom Ross's syndicated Friday Football Phone-In.

He's just finished his first show back on those stations and is sounding as controversial as ever - he had a few choice words to say when asked about Roman Bednar! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Meanwhile, after leaving the BBC in May, Tony Butler has resurfaced on the Birmingham/Black Country/Coventry Gold stations. He's the new co-host of Tom Ross's syndicated Friday Football Phone-In.

He's just finished his first show back on those stations and is sounding as controversial as ever - he had a few choice words to say when asked about Roman Bednar! :D

I thought Butler had retired??
  • Options
    realwalesrealwales Posts: 3,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, he hasn't retired. It just seems that he saw the writing on the wall at BBC WM, and left with dignity.
    I personally think that the commercial sector suits his style better anyway- he has more freedom to be himself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    realwales wrote: »
    Nah, he hasn't retired. It just seems that he saw the writing on the wall at BBC WM, and left with dignity.
    I personally think that the commercial sector suits his style better anyway- he has more freedom to be himself.

When does he start? I've not seen his name on the Gold Website
  • Options
    JG1970JG1970 Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When does he start? I've not seen his name on the Gold Website

Tony Butler started last night

http://www.brmb.co.uk/Article.asp?id=1451525
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll have to listen then
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll have to listen then

Will he be telling people to get "on their bike??"
  • Options
    NewsbuffNewsbuff Posts: 2,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope so lol
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Newsbuff wrote: »
    Hope so lol

TB is renowned for saying that if you dont agree with him
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Dave Jamieson writes regular articles for Costa del Sol News in Southern Spain out every Thursday.

Out every Thursday, price 1.30€ ... oh, and Dave has a weekday lunchtime programme on Coastline FM http://www.coastline.fm except he's been off air lately in order to have some eye surgery, but they say he'll be back very soon.:)