Options

Pure One Flow Firmware Update

VectorsumVectorsum Posts: 876
Forum Member
✭✭
Yesterday I accepted v3.5 of the firmware. Performance on DAB has changed, and the radio seems to mute on DAB error detection, in exactly the same way as DAB+. This might seem fine but I'm visiting my mother in Ardrossan this week, and reception of the Beeb mux from Darvel is marginal.

In most of her house the One Flow is now silent, whereas previously stations would play with minor degradation or barely noticeable artefacts. Now it's a real struggle to find a spot with working reception, especially with a couple of laptops in the vicinity.

I get the impression that the new firmware now mutes at the onset of DAB error detection, rather than somewhere on the downslope, and wonder whether others who have accepted the update could confirm.

Comments

• Options
    AmaraAmara Posts: 5,376
    Forum Member
    Further problems with the update each time I try to tune into an internet station it says content not available. To rectify select Pure Connect then Favourites then my Uk folder then the station I want to listen to. This update should be reversed please Pure. I had no problems previously.
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I updated mine the other day and when it finished, it came back on a Dab station and I did notice as I walked away that it cut out several times.
    It's not done that before in the position it is normally in.

I have not been able to do any tests to confirm this as I have a lot of work commitments but will check it out when I can.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must check whether they ever got around to fixing the firmware bug at midnight . I think if you put the 30 minute sleep time on before midnight then it switched off at midnight.
  • Options
    DigMorrisDigMorris Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    Have you tried to perform something like a factory reset (if that exists on that model) after the update?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DigMorris wrote: »
    Have you tried to perform something like a factory reset (if that exists on that model) after the update?

The 'feature' was on the radio since new and there have been a few software updates during that time. Must check to see whether it is still a 'feature'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I checked at midnight, they have not fixed the bug.

Set the SLEEP timer to 30 minutes at 23:45h

The radio will switch off at midnight.
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ridiculous!
  • Options
    radio_geekyradio_geeky Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    I feel your pain. Hope it gets sorted quickly!
  • Options
    VectorsumVectorsum Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have now had a chance to compare v3.5 on my own set with my late pop's One Flow, which unfortunately was only one version behind at v3.4. Roughly the same irritating DAB+ like muting characteristics.

Both my and his set used to autoscan the NI mux all the way up on the North Ayrshire coast (but couldn't play anything due to low SINR). Now an autoscan fails to detect the NI stations on either, on the same south-facing windowsill where previously NI stations would pop up in the list. The test was done over several days, to factor out vagaries in propagation.

Seems that the One Flow's COFDM demodulation algorithm has been revised in a version sometime prior to v3.4. A Pure Move 400D not only autoscans but also plays the NI mux stations fine, in the same test locations with a physically smaller antenna!