Lap top icons.......

All of a sudden they get huge and I have to wait ages for the desk top to return to normal. I have no idea why this happens. It started a few weeks ago and don't know how to stop it :(

Does any of you have an idea as to how to stop this happening?

Your help is well appreciated :cool:

Comments

• evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    I'm assuming this is with a Windows operating system and you don't say which one, or what laptop it is, but other than that when exactly does it happen or is it random? Does it happen when the desktop first appears or do you close a program and then the icons are bigger than they were before the program opened? Are you looking at the desktop and then suddenly they get big? Are there any other programs running in the background? Does it only happen once or more often?

Just how big are they? How long do they stay big for and is it always the same amount of time? Have you tried to resize them by right clicking a blank area on the desktop and selecting View? Have you tried pressing Ctrl and turning the mouse wheel/sliding the trackpad? Once resized do they stay resized or revert to big? Did you install any new programs or download anything just before it started happening? I'm asking these questions to see if a pattern or a reason emerges.

You could restore the system back to when the icons stayed whatever size you'd set them to and that'd probably fix it. Worth a try anyway.
  • emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it just the icons that are larger, or is it displaying a lower screen resolution (which would make everything look larger)?
    It may be having problems with the video driver?