Options

Liverpool now, who next? (Merged)

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We went to the 24 hr Asda earlier on Smithdown Rd and they were closing at 10pm due to the unrest.

Police helicopters overhead Princes Park now and Police cars going past.

Smithdown area seems to have some 'youths' gathering, BBC News mentioned it but I didn't catch it all.

eta: 4 people arrested over the water in Birkenhead.
  • Options
    dawnrayddawnrayd Posts: 6,746
    Forum Member
    I've just got back from Kellys Pub on Smithdown, they kicked us out early, and you could see up the road past the Asda all the police blockading the street. My mate lives a few minutes away in Toccy on Hartington, and has took the long way home up Ullet Road.

They're scallies, but when these kids interfere with our drinking time, then that makes me especially mad!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dawnrayd wrote: »
    I've just got back from Kellys Pub on Smithdown, they kicked us out early, and you could see up the road past the Asda all the police blockading the street. My mate lives a few minutes away in Toccy on Hartington, and has took the long way home up Ullet Road.

They're scallies, but when these kids interfere with our drinking time, then that makes me especially mad!

Too bloody right! :D

County Rd pub in Walton and Smithdown Asda both in these pics:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Liverpool-Riot-Updates/200682319990581
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to go to bed an hour ago. Walked from the back of the house to the front, heard all this noise, saw flashing lights, looked out and, bugger me, there is a line of riot police practically at my front door!

Just as well your mate went Ullet Road way. Looks like something is smoking well near the cemetary but the riot police and vans have now moved up passed Harty, to the top of Smithdown/Lodge Ln/Upper Parliament junction.

I can't believe the people out in cars. Lots of older folk and couples either trying to get home or coming for a gander.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh shit, just heard what seemed like two consecutive 'explosive' sounds coming from Devonshire rd, L8.

make that 3 and counting....
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    Oh shit, just heard what seemed like two consecutive 'explosive' sounds coming from Devonshire rd, L8.

make that 3 and counting....

Oh Joni, I hope everything is OK near you. I also hope it blows over soon, I don't know how I will cope with another night of barely any sleep.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    Rioting in Liverpool? How will we be able to tell the difference?

Sorry couldn't avoid the obvious one there!

Try. :rolleyes:
    lisa_joli wrote: »
    Mancs have hopefully got more sense.

Erm, maybe not hey :rolleyes:

Can't believe the pathetic posts on such a serious matter, shows it's not just the looters and scumbags who have issues.