Freezing in flat

Comments

• bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enidan wrote: »
    Borrow an electric heater from someone and then buy yourself one when you get paid.

I've got about three or four old heaters still in working order. If I lived in the area, he could have two of them for nothing.
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enidan wrote: »
    Borrow an electric heater from someone and then buy yourself one when you get paid.

And when you have no money electric fires are cheap to run. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    Try harder in life so you're not in this situation again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't reply back because I thought Woodbush was only joking :D

I wasn't but never mind.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use electric heaters and have found the oil filled ones the cheapest to run, they take a wee while to heat up but then the rest of the night just keep them on low. Its pretty mild just now do you always find it chilly? just thinking maybe your coming down with the cold or something :(
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    Thankfully it's not that cold at the moment. I'll lend you a tenner if you pm you bank account details. I'm not taking the piss, i'll just send you a bank transfer.
    vosne wrote: »
    I'm here. 500 and we have a deal ;)

Seriously, top marks dude *faith in humanity* :)
    People are seriously giving out their bank account details on DS and others are saying it's a good idea?! I wouldn't even shop online without using Paypal never mind that! :confused::confused::confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are seriously giving out their bank account details on DS and others are saying it's a good idea?! I wouldn't even shop online without using Paypal never mind that! :confused::confused::confused:

Making a bank transfer is pretty much risk free. I do online shopping using my debit card.
  • dorahalldorahall Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mordirith wrote: »
    I would love to sell it but it's next door to my parents house, they would flip their lids if I did that. I may not agree with my parents but I still love them more than anything.

They pay the bills and give me £280 every week allowance money. I give about £50 every week to my friends for party money and £50 to the donkey sanctuary. I save about £100 every week and the other £80 I squander.
    Why do you need an allowance? Why don't you earn your own money? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Making a bank transfer is pretty much risk free. I do online shopping using my debit card.
    I do regular bank transfers to any one of my kids when they are stuck for a few quid (adult children living away from home). I'm not sure I'd be as willing as you are to transfer a tenner or so to an internet stranger though. You are a kind and generous man, and far more trusting than I am.
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorahall wrote: »
    I do regular bank transfers to any one of my kids when they are stuck for a few quid (adult children living away from home). I'm not sure I'd be as willing as you are to transfer a tenner or so to an internet stranger though. You are a kind and generous man, and far more trusting than I am.
    To your kids is not the same as giving them out on an Internet Forum, and that's to the OP as well! :o
  • MordirithMordirith Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I saved my parents lives from a house fire in Philadelphia in 2004. They said they would fund my life forever.
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not many jobs to be had under bridges.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not many jobs to be had under bridges.

Says the REAL troll.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saved my parents lives from a house fire in Philadelphia in 2004. They said they would fund my life forever.
    Oh it's all becoming very clear to me now.

But.....your parents won't live forever, what happens then?
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Says the REAL troll.

So who were you before then ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh it's all becoming very clear to me now.

But.....your parents won't live forever, what happens then?

They will leave everything to me in their will because I'm an only child.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, that's okay then.

So you have a 7 bedroom house, and no need to work to earn a living - how do you keep boredom at bay?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was freezing in my house once. I dont ever want to feel like I did that day
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh right. So they're planning to never need residential care then? Please let me know how they're managing that, I'd love to know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, that's okay then.

So you have a 7 bedroom house, and no need to work to earn a living - how do you keep boredom at bay?

I play World of Warcraft and smoke weed with my friends most nights.

I also take heroin every Monday because it helps me deal with the E come-down after the weekend.

I also feel good because I give £50 to the donkey sanctuary every week.

What do you do?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I play World of Warcraft and smoke weed with my friends most nights.

I also take heroin every Monday because it helps me deal with the E come-down after the weekend.

I also feel good because I give £50 to the donkey sanctuary every week.

What do you do?
    None of the above
  • Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He hasn't been online since his last post:confused:

Maybe he's run out of electricity credit too, and can't run his computer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None of the above

Your life must be meaningless if you can't tell me a single thing you enjoy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your life must be meaningless if you can't tell me a single thing you enjoy.
    I have no intention of divulging the details of my personal life on an internet forum:D Certain things are private.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To get back to the OP. You don't say how old/active you are but keep active, hot meal, hot drinks. Blankets and hot water bottle when you're relaxing. Warm clothes obviously.

Do you have a fire or just central heating? I don't have heating in my flat, it wasn't there when I moved in and I never got around to doing it. But I do have a gas fire in the living room that keeps the place toasty and is on a lot in the winter. That and the gas hob only cost about a tenner a month to run (DD throughout the year). Other rooms just have electric heaters if needed. So if you do have a fire it might be more economical to put that on and not the heating. It's unseasonably mild at the moment though. I even had the window open all night!