Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    We don't need him,we've got Clevz,Fletch,Anderson.

Don't forget that Carrick will be like a new signing when he's back.:p:cry:
    Anderson will save us! :o:o:o:o:(:(

There was me thinking bitters were the other side of town.
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    O'Neill wrote: »
    Most deflating substitution I can remember.

We used to sub off Torres for N'Gog. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointing result for you guys and gals but I'm glad you played DI Maria in central midfield, that is where he is world class. Already looks right at home in there and will only improve.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheMunch wrote: »
    We used to sub off Torres for N'Gog. :p

We're following the Liverpool model but I can't work out who our Dirk Kuyt is.
  • Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know what will be giving David Moyes the biggest laugh at the moment. Our current worries or the dire state of Bobby Martinez's defence :o

Oh BTW Robbie Savage is an absolute anus. Not news to anyone on here I know, but his opinion on United on 606 made him seem even more of a human muckspreader than usual.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 $pirit wrote: »
    Disappointing result for you guys and gals but I'm glad you played DI Maria in central midfield, that is where he is world class. Already looks right at home in there and will only improve.

Any chance there's another midfielder you want to rid yourselves of? He'll be going to a good home.:cool:
  • Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Have your day in the sun Nin. Post something about the Everton game ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know what will be giving David Moyes the biggest laugh at the moment. Our current worries or the dire state of Bobby Martinez's defence :o

Oh BTW Robbie Savage is an absolute anus. Not news to anyone on here I know, but his opinion on United on 606 made him seem even more of a human muckspreader than usual.

Martinez had a weak spot at Wigan. No guesses where it was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance there's another midfielder you want to rid yourselves of? He'll be going to a good home.:cool:

Illarimendi? Nothing close to Di Maria though I'm afraid :p

I think you guys need to tweak your formation a bit, drop RVP for Blind and play 3 on the middle to control games more instead of getting overrun. Play one up front and let Di Maria and the other CM (Herrera or someone else) make runs, your too static ATM and too predictable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    Yay we didn't concede. It's a start.

But now I'm worried about 2 goals in 4 games:(

I'm not surprised, the new formation you play is a defensive one IMO which won't work very well against teams where you have to dominate or when the other teams parks the bus.

The minute the Netherlands had to take the initiative against Costs Rica they couldn't break them down but counter attacking vs Spain it was great.
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member

Someone who can and will run all day, put in the effort (even if it achieves nothing), will play out of position without moaning and score infrequently (partly due to not being central) while also scoring important goals.

I'd say the closest to that (but not as good) might be Welbeck.

You're not good enough for Dirk Kuyt. :p
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was Forlan, but perhaps it is Welbeck now?
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kuyt had the knack of scoring important goals, as well as sweating profusely.

Welbeck does neither.
  • Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kuyt had the knack of scoring important goals, as well as sweating profusely.

Welbeck does neither.

Welbeck still has time to come good. 9 in 25 league games was hardly abysmal last season and I think he may flourish elsewhere. Tottenham would definitely be a good fit.

Good old Dirk. You've got to love a trier. And his goals dried up mainly as we threw him on the right wing. If Welbeck gets to play centrally week-in, week-out, it may start paying dividends. He's no Sturridge but there is a lesson there that playing a player wide or constantly swapping him in and out of the team doesn't help. Once we restored Sturridge to a central role after his Chelsea frustrations - and kept him there - he hasn't stopped scoring.

Will I back up my theory by putting Welbeck in my FF team... :)
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evans passed to Valencia 30 times. Out of those 30 passes Evans received the ball back from Valencia 23 times. Who said wingplay was dead?
    TheSloth wrote: »
    Welbeck still has time to come good. 9 in 25 league games was hardly abysmal last season and I think he may flourish elsewhere. Tottenham would definitely be a good fit.

Good old Dirk. You've got to love a trier. And his goals dried up mainly as we threw him on the right wing. If Welbeck gets to play centrally week-in, week-out, it may start paying dividends. He's no Sturridge but there is a lesson there that playing a player wide or constantly swapping him in and out of the team doesn't help. Once we restored Sturridge to a central role after his Chelsea frustrations - and kept him there - he hasn't stopped scoring.

Will I back up my theory by putting Welbeck in my FF team... :)

He would get more match time up front and would get the chances thanks to Eriksen's passing and vision, I just don't think he has the composure to be one of the best in the league or Europe. But by all means put him in your FF side ;)
  • Options
    toastie15toastie15 Posts: 3,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumours of Rene Meulensteen coming back:D:D
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    toastie15 wrote: »

That would be a great move if true, the players obviously had a lot of time for him and he is a great coach who we have missed could be a master stroke if true.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone on a Facebook group I am a member of said he heard a rumour that Van Persie needs a knee operation and could be out for around 3 months. Not seen anywhere online so hopefully not true because that would be the very last thing we need.
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    I've not seen anything. You'd have thought LVG would have made him have it done straight after the world cup. Injury wise I think everyone bar Carrick who is still another 6 weeks is back after the international break.
  • Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    That would be a great move if true, the players obviously had a lot of time for him and he is a great coach who we have missed could be a master stroke if true.

Yeah, would make a lot of sense to bring him back in to the set-up. Hope it's true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone on a Facebook group I am a member of said he heard a rumour that Van Persie needs a knee operation and could be out for around 3 months. Not seen anywhere online so hopefully not true because that would be the very last thing we need.

It could also solve the RVP,Rooney and Mata problem.;-)
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member

Confirmed by rene he is not coming back :(
  • Options
    toastie15toastie15 Posts: 3,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shinji Kagawa gone for £6.8m
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A pretty low fee really in this day and age.
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Shinji Kagawa gone for £6.8m

It's a shame that it never really worked out for Kagawa at United, i remember being so excited when we signed him as he was awesome for Dortmund but for whatever reason he never performed like that for us which is a shame, i don't think either Moyes or Van Gaal rated him so it is probably best all round if he moves on.
This discussion has been closed.