Options

Fleetwood Mac Appreciation Thread!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else think Rumours is just slightely overrated?

I'm a massive fan, and I love the album, but I prefer some of their other work.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm a massive fan, and I love the album, but I prefer some of their other work.:)

I adore it - tbf I am only starting to get into them so I may change my opinion when I hear some of the other ones. I adore Oh Diane atm :D
  • Options
    crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No not at all. It's a brilliant album.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    No not at all. It's a brilliant album.

I agree, it's one of my all time favourites.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumours back in the Top 30 album charts in today's first mids after several songs were performed on Glee. Should go higher in the next few days.
  • Options
    Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I didn't say Rumours was anything less than amazingly brilliant, but I just like some of their other material more.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumours back in the Top 30 album charts in today's first mids after several songs were performed on Glee. Should go higher in the next few days.

YES!!!

I love that (i mean people slam it!) the show re-introduces some classics (sometimes very well covered) and Mondays episode was just phenomenal IMO! as a Mac fan...yes, Madonnas episode and the Superbowl episode really highlighted the effect it has on re-imagining songs, making it work in the script and really ensuring new/younger listeners know their back catalogue!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YES!!!

I love that (i mean people slam it!) the show re-introduces some classics (sometimes very well covered) and Mondays episode was just phenomenal IMO! as a Mac fan...yes, Madonnas episode and the Superbowl episode really highlighted the effect it has on re-imagining songs, making it work in the script and really ensuring new/younger listeners know their back catalogue!

Agreed. Great if some youngsters will discover Fletwood Mac after watching Glee!
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree. I think it's brilliant that a show like Glee is introducing a new generation to great music that they may not have heard before, or just never cared about. Glee features so many different styles of music, from so many eras. I mean, everything from Madonna to Fleetwood Mac to classic musical theatre songs. I loved when they did Make 'Em Laugh from Singing In The Rain.

A Pink Floyd episode next please, Glee! Lol, well no harm in hoping! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pink Floyd would be fantastic!

but i dont have Sky :( so wont be able to see it live next season if they did :(

Madonna PArt 2, Pink Floyd, The Doors....yeah bitches!!! but even then they may have a Cheryl Cole tribute episode like Bieber :( ah well
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pink Floyd would be fantastic!

but i dont have Sky :( so wont be able to see it live next season if they did :(

Madonna PArt 2, Pink Floyd, The Doors....yeah bitches!!! but even then they may have a Cheryl Cole tribute episode like Bieber :( ah well

Yes, The Doors too!

Lol re Cheryl and Bieber. Well, I guess they have to include some current stuff, just so the kids watching don't start to call the show "boring" or "old fashioned", lol.

I say they should also do a Smiths/Morrissey special next! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    Yes, The Doors too!

Lol re Cheryl and Bieber. Well, I guess they have to include some current stuff, just so the kids watching don't start to call the show "boring" or "old fashioned", lol.

I say they should also do a Smiths/Morrissey special next! :)

yes! morrissey has an album out now doesnt he??? would fit! BUT i hate his personality hahaha!!!

but love The SMiths stuff.....dont own an album....could be a convert :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not nice to see the Glee cast murdering these classics. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d3nium wrote: »

lol, sure nothing will EVER match the original....case for life really!

but like i said it is a re-introduction for the audience members who may have been unaware of their material!

Landslide was covered a few episodes prior and that was fabulous too :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'm not really a fan but 'Big Love' was a great song :)
  • Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I love Rumours - 'Second Hand News' is one of my favourite songs ever, but I always preferred 'Tango in the Night' as a collection of songs.
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely a band I grew up with. Funny how you can tell Mick Fleetwood and John McVie within a couple of bars...

@the person who said they had Rumours & Everywhere on constant repeat... Was that the track "Everywhere", or the album Tango in the Night{/i]? Or was Tango rereleased under a different name?
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    d3nium wrote: »

Perhaps but it is good that the show has introduced their music to a new generation.

People often hear the covers on Glee and then go off and source the originals - the result being 'Rumours' is now back in the charts. A good result all round I think. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    Perhaps but it is good that the show has introduced their music to a new generation.

People often hear the covers on Glee and then go off and source the originals - the result being 'Rumours' is now back in the charts. A good result all round I think. :)

and Celebration re-entered in the top 10 almost a year after release too! and singles re-entered on the Itunes chart.

and yes Rumours will see charting higher up! nice to see it on the charts!

With Kate Bush nabbing Adeles spot on the top of the album chart here makes me think, it would be awesome to see ehr back catalogue on the show! she has variation album to album :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Fleetwood Mac - Dreams has always been one of my favourite songs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    I didn't say Rumours was anything less than amazingly brilliant, but I just like some of their other material more.:)

Although I think Rumours is brilliant, and probably their best album, I think Tusk is, by far, their most interesting album. Stevie, in particular, has an incredible string of songs on Tusk.
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    A heads up for anyone wanting a great night out. Go see the tribute band 'Fleetwood Bac' who are brilliant.

http://www.fleetwoodbac.com/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blah123 wrote: »
    Love Fleetwood Mac - Dreams has always been one of my favourite songs.

the way Stevie delivers and the beat i get so goosepimply hearing it i love it!
  • Options
    barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they're brilliant. I really hope one day I can see them live. Stevie is definitely one of my favourite singers and songwriters of all time. I'd say at the moment my favourite of theirs is Silver Springs. I find the lyrics haunting and the hair on the back of my neck stands up when Stevie sings them.