Tesco Delivery help

tubzy2001tubzy2001 Posts: 1,129
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am due a Tesco delivery between now and 22.00, not long after 20.00 the delivery driver said he could not get into the village as the roads were bad, i was informed by my brother that the roads were quite clear and i have even seen all types of vehicles in and out my mums road, the driver said they cannot now deliver until next week or they could refund me which would take 5 working days which is no good to me as that is my xmas food money, my mum is away i have no transport a taxi to the nearest store and back to collect my food would be £50 plus and i dont have the money, really not happy about this :(:(:(

Comments

• pixiebootspixieboots Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised. Tesco did the same to my 80 yr old in laws during the last freeze. They cancelled (not postponed) delivery with 30 mins notice, the stuff had been ordered 4 days before, the snow was falling for 3 days and apparently they decided they couldnt deliver at that late stage. They got a teenager to call people, no manager available to speak to. I have always found Tesco customer service to be appalling and I never use them and advise anybody elderly or unable to get about not to either. they are completely unreliable in my experience. Any local shops or other big chains near you? I'd try calling them.
  • tubzy2001tubzy2001 Posts: 1,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I rang customer services the lady tried to contact the driver, he didnt answer then she cut me off so i rang again the bloke tried to ring the driver, still no answer he said he will keep trying and call me at 22.00
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like the driver wants to go home early and is using the weather as an excuse. Saying you can have your stuff next week is ridiculous. If you don't get your stuff, make a huge fuss and get some compensation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like the driver wants to go home early and is using the weather as an excuse. Saying you can have your stuff next week is ridiculous. If you don't get your stuff, make a huge fuss and get some compensation.

I will dont worry where is peoples goodwill at xmas
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,623
    Forum Member
    Did they not offer to let you collect it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in have no way of collecting it, taxi would cost at least £50, they are on the phone to me now and offering £40 compensation and a refund which would take god knows how long due to all the bank holidays, that money is my food money
  • RichievillaRichievilla Posts: 6,179
    Forum Member
    I am sure that I won't be getting my Tesco delivery tomorrow as my cul de sac has a sharp bend and a bit of a slope and they have said before that their lorries don't cope well with such things when there is snow! As I am housebound and my only friend/family who lives within reasonable distance is away in Spain I am boogered I think! Luckily I have enough food to last until next week but it may have to be sauteed cat (not good as I am a veggie!) next week...unless she eats me first!
    Forum Member
    tubzy2001 wrote: »
    in have no way of collecting it
    What about your brother as he knows the roads so well?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my bro was on foot walking to the next village to get the train
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am due a Tesco delivery between now and 22.00, not long after 20.00 the delivery driver said he could not get into the village as the roads were bad, i was informed by my brother that the roads were quite clear and i have even seen all types of vehicles in and out my mums road, the driver said they cannot now deliver until next week or they could refund me which would take 5 working days which is no good to me as that is my xmas food money, my mum is away i have no transport a taxi to the nearest store and back to collect my food would be £50 plus and i dont have the money, really not happy about this :(:(:(

Could your brother not help you out?
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

get a taxi to the store and insist very loudly that the store pays for it, Then tell them again even louder that the delivery man lied and insist on a refund there and then.
    make sure there are plenty of people around. These stores get away with too much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tesco have emailed me vouchers for £80, ive ordered a taxi to collect my order at a cost of £26 and they will refund me half of that so £13
    Forum Member
    fredster wrote: »
    Then tell them again even louder that the delivery man lied
    That is a very strong accusation to make with very slim evidence to back it up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tesco have emailed me vouchers for £80, ive ordered a taxi to collect my order at a cost of £26 and they will refund me half of that so £13

Well it's a bit of a victory.
  • 'Oaks Addict'Oaks Addict Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We got our delivery tonight and in it were two bottles of expensive champagne...that we didn't order.

We realised after the guy had left and have been trying so get through to cust services...

We don't drink and have no-one we can give them to so we really don't see the need in keeping them when the person who ordered them could be needin them
  • TreelopperTreelopper Posts: 390
    Forum Member

Just wondering, how has the taxi fare gome from being '£50 plus' down to £26 :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Treelopper wrote: »
    Just wondering, how has the taxi fare gome from being '£50 plus' down to £26 :confused:

Because that would be if i had to get the taxi to pick me up first to collect the shopping and bring me home as at first tesco wanted proof of address, in the end i gave them the drivers name the driver had my details and order reference number and they were fine, got my shopping jut after midnight :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    get a taxi to the store and insist very loudly that the store pays for it, Then tell them again even louder that the delivery man lied and insist on a refund there and then.
    make sure there are plenty of people around. These stores get away with too much.

In my experience that would be the quickest way to get absolutely nothing at all. Except a look of disgust from other shoppers. Shouting at people rarely helps get your problem resolved and tends to make people reluctant to help you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Joe* wrote: »
    In my experience that would be the quickest way to get absolutely nothing at all. Except a look of disgust from other shoppers. Shouting at people rarely helps get your problem resolved and tends to make people reluctant to help you.

I used to become the most irritating person on the planet when someone would start shouting when I worked in Asda. If people were nice to me I'd help them out in anyway I could.
  • DRY_SWEEPERDRY_SWEEPER Posts: 3,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    Did they not offer to let you collect it?

Thats no good to the OP, he cant drive and a taxi to the store is £50.00
  • DRY_SWEEPERDRY_SWEEPER Posts: 3,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Oaks wrote:
    We got our delivery tonight and in it were two bottles of expensive champagne...that we didn't order.

We realised after the guy had left and have been trying so get through to cust services...

We don't drink and have no-one we can give them to so we really don't see the need in keeping them when the person who ordered them could be needin them

Where are you, I will come and pick them up lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have Tesco booked to deliver to me tomorrow, with the fresh snow we've just had I doubt they'll be delivering. If I can get a deal like you from them, I'll be more than happy.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alcdrew wrote: »
    I have Tesco booked to deliver to me tomorrow, with the fresh snow we've just had I doubt they'll be delivering. If I can get a deal like you from them, I'll be more than happy.

It was a good deal.

Better than we got from Asda last year.

We were in the 8-10pm slot on the Monday before Christmas, the delivery guy rang up to tell us he didn't have time to get to us before 10 as he had been delayed due to the snow so would have to take our order back to the store he would leave it on the van and it would be redelivered the next day.

Fine, rang up the next day to see when it would be delivered and the home shopping manager told us it would be with us by lunch time. come 3pm it still hadn't arrived so we rang back. More apologies and assurance that it would be sent out ASAP and she would phone us back to let us know what was happening. Come 6pm nothing, no shopping no phone call.

Rang back to be told she had gone home for the day, our shopping was still there and wouldn't be delt with until the next day. Starting to get a bit peeved now but at that time I didn't drive and the store was a good 15 miles away I had no way of getting it myself.

Next day (23rd December) we rang back, they told us that they didn't know where our shopping was and as far as they know it didn't even leave the store on the original delivery day because of the snow (there had been no extra snow between the Monday and now and the roads were completely clear) and that there is no way they would be able to get it to us....

erm, that was obviously a lie as the delivery driver and the previous manager we spoke to told us differently.

They said if we wanted they would have someone do the shop for us and we could come pick it up. I told them I didn't drive so were they going to cover a taxi and they said no. I said in that case cancel the order and refund me. But made it clear I was not happy with the service I had received.

I then got a taxi to Sainsburys and did my shopping (so much fun 2 days before Christmas... not) and got a taxi back.

In the new year I sent a letter detailing my experience to the store in question and my unhappiness at how it was handled and didn't even receive a reply apologising.

I know the weather is not their fault but being promised for 3 days that my food would be delivered and then being told that it never was going to be delivered was very annoying and very poor customer service.

If they had just told us Monday that they could not get it to us we could have possibly made arrangements to get to them.

So, while I may hate doing it I resigned to doing the shopping myself this year.

Sorry, that was a bit of a long winded rant. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn Asda make me cross
    Forum Member
    Thats no good to the OP, he cant drive and a taxi to the store is £50.00
    The point was did they offer it as an option.