Options

Why is Steve with Michelle?? Corrie.

jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
Forum Member
✭✭
I think she is a hard nosed stroppy miserable cow.
Can't see any pleasantness about her.
Moany mizzy grumpy woman.

Not looking forward to her as the RR landlady.

I like Steve even though he is a bit silly and childish.

Comments

• Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea why the writers make her like that. Her bullying Steve, having a go at Ryan or her dad is not funny. No doubt when Liz returns we will have them ganging up on Steve all the time for "laughs", with Eileen of course at the bar with her sarcastic remarks.
  • Options
    tripitakatripitaka Posts: 5,636
    Forum Member
    Michelle is vile. Carla took her on, gave her a good job even though she has no qualifications but all she has done is moan, she even kicked off about 'a scabby bottle of champagne'. Steve bought her a pub but all she did is moan and assume that she has joint say over all his financial decisions even though they're not even married. I wish they would all just kick her into touch.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because Steve has no backbone. He is an inertebrate.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She just moans and whines, no substance to the character at all, really don't know how she lasted this long.
  • Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because noone else would go anywhere near Steve McDonald.
  • Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because noone else would go anywhere near Steve McDonald.

Just plain wrong, Steve is a lovely bloke who would buy you your own pub fgs:)
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    I don't understand Michelle... First she's glad to leave the factory because she was sick of the clients staring at her chest and having to work unpaid overtime, and now she's moaning 'cause she misses meeting with said clients and doing the accounts for Carla? :confused:
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because Rebecca left him?
  • Options
    tripitakatripitaka Posts: 5,636
    Forum Member
    If someone gave Michelle the moon on a stick she'd complain it was the wrong flavour
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is Steve McDonald were on about he`s not exactly Einstein when it comes to women is he .
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    I don't understand Michelle... First she's glad to leave the factory because she was sick of the clients staring at her chest and having to work unpaid overtime, and now she's moaning 'cause she misses meeting with said clients and doing the accounts for Carla? :confused:

Ha that made me laugh, the same Michelle who always wore low cut tops and showing off her breasts in the Rovers. She secretly loves the attention really.
  • Options
    Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    Ungrateful slag, all's I have to say.
  • Options
    ShedheddShedhedd Posts: 1,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    She just moans and whines, no substance to the character t all, really don't know how she lasted this long.

My thoughts too. She is so ungrateful and petty for anything anyone does for her. She wants to be top dog and if she can't be she won't settle for second best.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She just moans and whines, no substance to the character at all, really don't know how she lasted this long.

Agreed!

Nothing more to add:D
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Ungrateful slag, all's I have to say.
    Yep!

Adds nothing to show too.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea why the writers make her like that. Her bullying Steve, having a go at Ryan or her dad is not funny. No doubt when Liz returns we will have them ganging up on Steve all the time for "laughs", with Eileen of course at the bar with her sarcastic remarks.

I have no idea either. I think you are probably right. Michelle and her gang will be taking the pee out of Steve at every opportunity or Michelle will be dissatisfied as usual about something fairly minor and will be ranting at Steve like a deranged harridan. And we will be expected to like 'fiesty' Michelle.:rolleyes:
    tripitaka wrote: »
    If someone gave Michelle the moon on a stick she'd complain it was the wrong flavour

Like I said elsewhere, she's The Old Woman Who Lived in a Vingar Bottle! Nothing makes her happy.
  • Options
    TreelopperTreelopper Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    Because she's a 8 out of 10 looks wise and probably a good shag.
    What other reasons do you need?
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Treelopper wrote: »
    Because she's a 8 out of 10 looks wise and probably a good shag.
    What other reasons do you need?

I bet she's not at all, she probably groans and moans all the way through:

"Steve your not doing it right, Steve I'm tired, Steve why did you have to be so thoughtless as to buy me a pub, why couldn't you have been like most blokes and got me a new ironing board cover as a surprise...."
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Steve probably has self-esteem issues and is one of the many castrated males on Coronation Street. If he stood up for himself, he'd be considered a villain.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because Steve has no backbone. He is an inertebrate.:rolleyes:

What a great word. :)
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Why is Michele with Steve more like. He lies constantly and even now he hasn't told her everything though he promised he would from now on. How many times and in how many relationships has he promised honesty whilst keeping a secret or lie whilst doing so.

Who in their right mind commits to a future of debt and hard work and not tell the person you supposedly love and expect and need a high level of commitment from :confused::eek: Only Steve could be so childish and so stupid.

He is spineless and pathetic and doesn't deserve Michelle IMO who is hard working and honest. She is far too good for him and it's crazy she would settle for that useless lump.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is Michele with Steve more like. He lies constantly and even now he hasn't told her everything though he promised he would from now on. How many times and in how many relationships has he promised honesty whilst keeping a secret or lie whilst doing so.

Who in their right mind commits to a future of debt and hard work and not tell the person you supposedly love and expect and need a high level of commitment from :confused::eek: Only Steve could be so childish and so stupid.

He is spineless and pathetic and doesn't deserve Michelle IMO who is hard working and honest. She is far too good for him and it's crazy she would settle for that useless lump.

She wants him because she is a desperate slag. If she can't put up with him she should leave him, but won't happen as he has a business. Plus she relies on the likes of Carla and Steve to get her a good job, but still throws it back in their faces. Its unbelievable how much she thinks she is God's gift.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Steve is childish and stupid but that useless lump has got his own businesses and he's given half of one to her. What's Michelle got apart from a tiny rented flat above the kebab shop?

Corrie need to write Michelle as a more likeable person and not as an ungrateful, self-entitled, screaming harpie.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    She wants him because she is a desperate slag. If she can't put up with him she should leave him, but won't happen as he has a business. Plus she relies on the likes of Carla and Steve to get her a good job, but still throws it back in their faces. Its unbelievable how much she thinks she is God's gift.

What about Michelle's behaviour is slagish :confused: Michelle worked very hard for Carla but was put to one side for Carla's boy friend which surely is something Michelle could have taken her to a tribunal for: constructive dismissal or discrimination.

I'm sure she will work very hard in the pub now but the point is why buy it and not talk to her about it :confused: I don't believe anyone would appreciate a partner doing this. It's very, very stupid.
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Steve is childish and stupid but that useless lump has got his own businesses and he's given half of one to her. What's Michelle got apart from a tiny rented flat above the kebab shop?

Corrie need to write Michelle as a more likeable person and not as an ungrateful, self-entitled, screaming harpie.

He hasn't given half to her. He owns it and she will work there. He did something he wanted and dressed it up as a nice surprise for the 'missus' :rolleyes: It's patronising and immature. Her Dad knows her better than Steve does. He knew she wouldn't like this but Steve thinks she likes surprises. He hasn't even bothered getting to know her and is still keeping secrets like he always does even though he promises never to do so again :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about Michelle's behaviour is slagish :confused: Michelle worked very hard for Carla but was put to one side for Carla's boy friend which surely is something Michelle could have taken her to a tribunal for: constructive dismissal or discrimination.

I'm sure she will work very hard in the pub now but the point is why buy it and not talk to her about it :confused: I don't believe anyone would appreciate a partner doing this. It's very, very stupid.

He hasn't given half to her. He owns it and she will work there. He did something he wanted and dressed it up as a nice surprise for the 'missus' :rolleyes: It's patronising and immature. Her Dad knows her better than Steve does. He knew she wouldn't like this but Steve thinks she likes surprises. He hasn't even bothered getting to know her and is still keeping secrets like he always does even though he promises never to do so again :mad:

So why doesn't Michelle leave Steve to run the pub then? She should stay in her grotty little flat and find herself a good well-paid job elsewhere- one which isn't given to her by a mate. I'm sure she could get a job in the chippy or kebab shop.