Options

the dumbest things you have heard, done, seen or been said

crazyguyz999crazyguyz999 Posts: 1,984
Forum Member
✭✭✭
'Me and my friend watched the new trailer of jurassic park' and after watching it she said 'it looks good but not that good and you can tell the dinosaurs they are using in it aren't real' i cant cope...

Comments

• Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rules on using real animals are quite strict these days.

They need rest periods and all sorts.
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All sorts?
    M&M's and Jack Daniels for me!
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my teens I saw an advert for a clothes shop in the local paper that said "Ass. shirts from £5". Not realising that Ass. meant assorted and thinking it was a brand I went in and asked to see the "ass shirts".

My brother once saw a foreign currency exchange ad, think it was for the Post Office that stated "€200 free", meaning that there was no commission for exchanging that amount of money or less. He thought he could rock up there and they'd just give him €200. I saved him from embrrassing himself by explaining that one to him.
  • Options
    crazyguyz999crazyguyz999 Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeh someone at school onced asked 'what is einsteins last name?'
  • Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone other in the soap section didn't lnow a women could pregnant from doggy style..
  • Options
    mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not the most stupidest I have ever heard but so many people said:

Is that Einstein?

http://fredorange.com/mugs/bergen.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was playing the DVD game version of who wants to be a millionaire a few years back and the question was something along the lines of "What do elephants eat" Fish/Plants/Meat/somethingelse

I confidently picked 'meat' not really thinking.

One of my mates shouted 'how do you suspect an elephant hunts f###ing animals for meat then'. I was pretty embarrassed at the time.

:blush::blush::blush:
  • Options
    bookcoverbookcover Posts: 6,216
    Forum Member
    "Take the 10 to 3 turning on the roundabout" :confused::D:D:D
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At a previous place of work, some girls in the staff room were discussing spam. One of them piped up "I quite like spam. But I've never seen one for real. What does a spam look like? Do they live on farms?"
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    When PAYG mobiles first came out, I saw an advert in the paper for one. It had a mobile with a coin operated part at the back (like a pay phone). I stupidly said to my boyfriend (now my husband) ' wow those phones are going to be very heavy if you keep having to put coins in every time you use it' :blush: I thought PAYG mobiles really did have mini coin slots on the back :blush::blush::blush::blush:
  • Options
    Hut27Hut27 Posts: 1,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stupidest thing I ever saw was when I was investigating a fatality, a Man dead on couch and a plastic bag tied over Carbon Monoxide detector.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    A friend of my niece said "I want a tattoo so I can be different like everyone else."

A guy we used to go metal detecting with (and I can write a book about the things he's said and done) was heading for an electrified cattle fence. We warned him and he announced in his usual pompous manner just as he went to climb it "It's okay, they only effect animals. They don't work on humaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrggggghhhhhhhhh!"
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Saw a young mum whos 2yr old son must have been caught short, squating downholding him while he pissed onto a metal junction box cabinet in town. Thebox had a yellow sticker on it saying "DANGER" with a stick figure being struck by a lightening bolt. She was actually letting him piss on the joint of the two doors of the cabinet. The cabinet was against a brick wall, she could have stepped two foot either side and let him do it on a wall.
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    I worked with a girl who, when driving past one of the remaining parts of Hadrians Wall in Newcastle, remarked 'what a stupid place to put it, in the middle of a housing estate'.

Same girl, when taking a first sip of a cup of tea, said 'oh that's hot, how many times did you boil the kettle?'.
  • Options
    boozer3boozer3 Posts: 2,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After last week's Black Friday events in which we saw people scrapping for goods in supermarkets, there was an obviously fake story with pictures and all going around Facebook about 49 million people in the USA dieing as a result. My friend, [girl] 25 and usually sensible believed it.
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was working a shift at a mental health unit and a colleague - not known for being the sharpest tool in the box - turned to me and commented about a client....
    'Well I think it's all in the mind luv'. :confused:
  • Options
    dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our dear PM telling us to "Hug a Hoodie"
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    In a pub, having to put up with some halfwit wittering on about how hard done by he's been all his life compared to his boss and he rounds off with "I mean, he must be a multi-millionaire many times over". ROFL hadn't been invented then, but ROFL we did.
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone in Liverpool asking "Do they have television in Scotland" "No, ********, it was only a Scotsman who invented it!"
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    My wife In a pubquiz.

Q- Who was the first pope to be given a double barrelled first name?"

My wife- " Pope John Paul the second"

She's Catholic too.😆
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jarryhack wrote: »
    When PAYG mobiles first came out, I saw an advert in the paper for one. It had a mobile with a coin operated part at the back (like a pay phone). I stupidly said to my boyfriend (now my husband) ' wow those phones are going to be very heavy if you keep having to put coins in every time you use it' :blush: I thought PAYG mobiles really did have mini coin slots on the back :blush::blush::blush::blush:

Lol i remember that advert I'm pretty sure it was for one2one. I remember trying to explain to my dad how pay as you go worked when it first started but he couldn't grasp the concept there was no monthly bill.

Anyway, I once told someone I was talking to online that I was deaf and she said "you don't look deaf" 😣 How can someone look deaf?
  • Options
    bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    On two separate occasions, by two separate ladies I have been told that they prefer snow to rain because it's warmer. I mean wtf?!
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    On two separate occasions, by two separate ladies I have been told that they prefer snow to rain because it's warmer. I mean wtf?!

My mum says that too.
  • Options
    bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    My mum says that too.

So it's really common then?:o
  • Options
    bookcoverbookcover Posts: 6,216
    Forum Member
    Phillip Schofield on a Christmas programme with Gino D'Acampo admitting he did not know cheese was made from milk.

:o And this guy owns a restaurant...:D:D:D