Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sob stories - 1.

Horrible mean let-downs - none.

Good singing auditions - at least 14.

Entertaining bad auditions - 6 or 7.

Judging panel chemistry - present.

Funny judges - present.

Don't really know what else they have to improve on?

well the crying on stage did make me gag but at least it was just one I guess. Predicting many more to come!

I'll admit a few of the singers were ok but they been round teh block a few times on these shows, bet they were not even nervous?

I didnt find the bad auditions entertaining at all. I felt they were all acted and staged. I only found the bad ones funny when they at least seemed real.

Judging panel chemistry - Staged
    Funny judges - Nope

Just my onion.

the poll is looking interesting ;)
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Ænima wrote: »
    Fair enough. It was just the way you posted it whilst quoting someone else as if you were in some way countering what they were saying when you really weren't.

Sorry you felt that way.

Hannah seemed quite nervous but the group with Tamara in it seemed to know their stuff...yes they may have been around the block as it were. To be fair both of them were incredible.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    So why watch it then. There are thousands of other channels to choose from?
    Or even films saved to the old mobile. Spent a pleasant evening watching Sam Raimi's Drag Me to Hell (bloody brilliant tongue-in-cheek horror). When it finished though - caught a glimpse of Mrs 'O' and it was quite nice (whatever people say about her - she and Louis make a fairly entertaining double act). Still ... not enough to make me want to watch this abysmal piece of crap ... but enough to make me interested enough to check in here now and again.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Sorry you felt that way.

Hannah seemed quite nervous but the group with Tamara in it seemed to know their stuff...yes they may have been around the block as it were. To be fair both of them were incredible.

Ok, I'm a bit embarrassed now because I can't even remember who Hannah or Tamara were :p

Guessing it's too early to be on youtube.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    What a load of contrived bollox.
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    I wasn't suggesting it wasn't entertaining but come on there were so many blatantly staged moments

No different to any other year.
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    No different to any other year.

Every year seems to get a teeny weeny bit more contrived IMHOOOOOOO
    Forum Member
    Ænima wrote: »
    Ok, I'm a bit embarrassed now because I can't even remember who Hannah or Tamara were :p

Guessing it's too early to be on youtube.

Hannah was the one with the sob story. :D

Tamara was the girl in the girl group who were asked to split up (not cliched is it? :D ) - she was the second girl who sang.

Sam was also really good tbh - have a look at her too. :D
    Forum Member
    Hannah was the one with the sob story. :D

Tamara was the girl in the girl group who were asked to split up (not cliched is it? :D ) - she was the second girl who sang.

Sam was also really good tbh - have a look at her too. :D

Ah yeah, I sort of remember. The two girls, we knew they'd split them up, that was so predictable :p Were they the ones that had only known each other a week too? :confused: Bit suspicious if you ask me! You know they're doing it to try and make it entertaining later, what with them competing against each other.
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Contrived? Hans Christian Anderson would have been laughed out of the door his publishers if he had written such fairy stories
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched 10 minutes before turning off. It was utter wank.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    I watched 10 minutes before turning off. It was utter wank.

I have no idea why some people watch the show if they dont like it, or is it secretly that they do?
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    This is just the type of show PVRs were made for. Why anyone who has a PVR would watch it 'live' I have no idea.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    This is just the type of show PVRs were made for. Why anyone who has a PVR would watch it 'live' I have no idea.

I agree. Sky+ it, watch the decent bits, FF through the dross - it's the only way to watch
  • ladydancer1ladydancer1 Posts: 1,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I enjoyed it, contrived moments aside it was easy watching.
    I don't like the new presenter Matt Richardson on Xtra Factor 'tho. I miss Olly and hope his tour goes well for him.
    Thankfully I recorded it and was able to ff the ads and the really boring bits.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    What a load of contrived bollox. They are not even pretending. I will not be watching this sham any longer.

Ah crap, I haven't watched Neighbours in years and haven't let the forum for that show know yet!!!!:eek:
    Thanks for reminding me!
  • daljuldaljul Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    It would be interesting to see if everyone recorded and forwarded through the dross and only watched the auditions & judges comments just how different the viewing figures would be. I think it would tell the producers something about what should be taken out..

I managed to reduce my viewing to just less than an hour this way.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    daljul wrote: »
    It would be interesting to see if everyone recorded and forwarded through the dross and only watched the auditions & judges comments just how different the viewing figures would be. I think it would tell the producers something about what should be taken out..

I managed to reduce my viewing to just less than an hour this way.

It would be more interesting to see what the reaction of the advertisers was :D When you think about it, itv's business model is not designed for the future really , is it?
  • AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course it is. Anyone with a brain cell has known it is from the beginning.

You've just got to accept it for what it is and just enjoy the entertainment and laugh at it, or simply just don't watch it.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bjkaave wrote: »
    Ah crap, I haven't watched Neighbours in years and haven't let the forum for that show know yet!!!!:eek:
    Thanks for reminding me!

The appreciation thread is elsewhere. I thought this was an x factor discussion forum:)
    I watched it with my daughter and even she was laughing at all the staged stupidity.
    As for that berk, hahahahaleluja saying he was singing an Alexandra Burke song:eek: Adding insult to injury.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    The duo formed a week ago? Their application form would have been submitted months ago, and they would have had several auditions before they got to see the main judges.
    Forum Member
    I have no idea why some people watch the show if they dont like it, or is it secretly that they do?

They probably think Eastenders, Hollyoaks or some crap drama are brilliant TV so I wouldn't think much of it.

They're also probably Voice fans who have nothing to do on their forum because it's dead.
  • jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The duo formed a week ago? Their application form would have been submitted months ago, and they would have had several auditions before they got to see the main judges.

There was an additional open audition date for groups that was only with the judges. The applications were accepted up to the day or just before I believe. They must have been at this if they formed only a week prior to their audition.

There was a video plea from the judges on the official X Factor YouTube page,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkkYFZtMxrc
    Forum Member

I just love to hate it:p
    konebyvax wrote: »

Absolutely:)
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I agree. Sky+ it, watch the decent bits, FF through the dross - it's the only way to watch

Got it down to less than 15 mins this way:D
  • Dwight WrightDwight Wright Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a great opening show and sadly people just love to have a go at popular things
    Forum Member
    It was a great opening show and sadly people just love to have a go at popular things

Ha ha ha ha

You nearly got me there:cool:

It was absolutely unbearable. And who lent Louis my ancient auntie's wig and who ironed Sharon Osborne's face?