Once Upon a Time: Season 4 (US pace)

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karis wrote: »
    THIS ^^ is what BUGS me entirely about "fans" you know exactly what you're getting with this show. And I mean exactly. It's got no pretenses about what it is or where it's going. If you're not on board with that after THREE full seasons then you really should be watching another show.

That said, hate watching OUAT seems to be insanely popular (I do it with Doctor Who - I wish I could quit you!)

Ultimately, OUAT is crap. We all know it, but that doesn't make their tiny little story book lives any less brilliant / silly / stupid / compelling.

:confused::confused:
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone needs to seriously calm down. I already explained why i continued watching. I also hope the show would regain quality.

I fail to see why my post is such a bother and why it bugs you. Because i gave it a good three seasons before bailing out. People here give up on shows based on one episode.

I suppose because to most people watching three series of a show you don't like in hopes you will like it is not the norm.

I imagine the vast majority watch a few episodes then move on. Watching three years worth of a show you don't like, is to be honest, just strange.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    I suppose because to most people watching three series of a show you don't like in hopes you will like it is not the norm.

I imagine the vast majority watch a few episodes then move on. Watching three years worth of a show you don't like, is to be honest, just strange.

Never ever said i have spent three years watching a show hoping one day i like it. My problem with the show is that is varies in quality. Watching a show for three years hoping to like it is strange or "not the norm" as you say.

I adored the first season. Early episodes of season 2 were ok but the rest i disliked. First half of season 3 was a bit boring but found the second half of season 3 enjoyable until the finale.

If you read my original post carefully, i had already explained the majority of what i just explained now. So feel free to leap gently from your high horse and chillout.
  • x_Toots_xx_Toots_x Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    Well I'm really enjoying this series.Having watched Frozen about a trillion times, I think the actors are portraying the characters really well. I try to just watch it and not over analyse it or try to figure out what is going to happen. It's just an easy watching, enjoyable program. But then I'm a sucker for fairy tales. I loved the Tale As Old as Time scene with Belle and Rumple as B&TB is one of my favourite films!
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    It's a good theory and obviously since it's OUAT nothing can be ruled out.

But if she was at the orphanage with Emma they'll have to explain a few things.

A) The original curse. If she was included in that she would have both had no memories and be unable to leave the town (the only person able to leave the town during the original curse was Regina and later Henry as he wasn't part of the curse). So if she came across with the original curse how did she get around those?

B) if she wasn't part of the original curse how did she get to storybrook then to Emma's orphanage then back to storybrook (with nobody noticing the stranger because everyone seemingly knows everyone) set up a life open a shop etc.

I do love this show but will admit I'm getting very bored of them using the old 'my memories have been wiped' option. We've had two entire series based on this. The first and the second half of he third. Now Elsa has had hers tampered with and Emma can't remember where she knows the snow queen from. Again, her memories of that have been wiped (that's what I assume from the snow queens reactions to her). It's getting very old now.

It was just a thought that popped into my head after the Snow Queen mentioned Emma's name, it wasn't the reaction of someone who feared the Saviour but of personal recognition (well at least to me anyway).

Our world timelines are difficult to work out at this stage if my idea is to be proven correct, I'm assuming at this point in time that the Snow Queen came across separately and crossed the Storybrooke town line shortly after the Snow/Charming curse hit. As proven by Zelena, Robin and his men etc the new curse pulled different people across to our world and they weren't all known by the towns folk, she could have easily infiltrated without people knowing at that time.

Time will tell if I'm right or just over analysing :p
  • David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    It was just a thought that popped into my head after the Snow Queen mentioned Emma's name, it wasn't the reaction of someone who feared the Saviour but of personal recognition (well at least to me anyway).

Same here. I thought exactly that. It was almost sort of a reaction of endearment towards Emma.

Emma said one time she was adopted at 3 then put back into the fostering system when that couple got a child of their own, if that adoption was by the Snow Queen then it makes sense she didn't quite remember her as she was only 3. And Emma did at least recognize her as she says it felt familiar, so it's not like her memories were erased on purpose. So, I think it might be from when she was very young. And even then it might not be a foster mother but someone she met or spent time with in her past briefly.

I'm glad they're connecting the Snow Queen to the Saviour story anyway as it makes it more tied in rather than she just appeared in Storybrooke for the Frozen storyline.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Loved this episode, really did.

The Snow Queen knows Emma and has also history with Rumple? Of course she does. Don't mind her being Elsa's aunt though.

Speaking of Elsa - love her friendships with both Kristoff and Hook in this one as well. Great scenes all round.

Hans and his brothers are idiots. That is all that needs saying on them.

Hated the mob mentality of the townsfolk this week.

Robin loves Regin after all. How will Marian get cured then?

Love that Will Scarlett has been added into the mix. I assume we'll see Anastasia at some point, right? 9/10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love how funny this show is when it does jokes.

Regina walking into the office and seeing the picture Snow put on the wall made me laugh out loud. I just loved it because she was needed to help save Marian but the first thing she cares about and notices is a change to the decor.

"Well, you've succeeded ....hideously." hahahaha
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "The Apprentice" Press Release
    HOOK DISCOVERS THAT MAGIC ALWAYS COMES WITH A PRICE AFTER HE MAKES A DEAL WITH MR. GOLD TO RE-ATTACH HIS HAND SO THAT HE CAN EMBRACE EMMA WITH BOTH HANDS ON THEIR FIRST REAL DATE, AND BACK IN THE FAIRY TALE LAND OF THE PAST, RUMPLESTILTSKIN USES ANNA TO HELP HIM ACQUIRE A MAGICAL BOX FROM THE SORCERER’S APPRENTICE, ON ABC’S “ONCE UPON A TIME”

“The Apprentice” – After Emma asks Hook out on a real first date, Hook visits Mr. Gold and asks for his hand to be reattached so that he can embrace her with both hands. But magic always comes with a price. Henry and Mary Margaret try to offer hope to Regina when she becomes frustrated over not being able to find a cure to save a frozen Marian, and Will Scarlet attempts to break into the Storybrooke library to find a special book. Meanwhile, back in the Fairy Tale Land that was, Rumplestiltskin is after a magical box that the Sorcerer’s apprentice is guarding, and he may use Elsa’s sister Anna to help him get it, on “Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, OCTOBER 19 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

http://fyesemmaandhook.tumblr.com/post/99921674102/the-apprentice-press-release
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    :confused::confused:

So... You've stopped watching, but you're still posting. And, I see, being slightly antagonistic. You see, this I don't get. Why does anyone stop watching a show then proceed to tell everyone why they're not watching it (or continue to post on a show they're not watching)? Makes no sense to me. :D

I love OUAT. Yeah, season 3 was really very very slow and crappy and NONE of it ever makes sense and it's just nonsense, but it's got Emma, and the Queen and Rumple.

What's not to love there?
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never ever said i have spent three years watching a show hoping one day i like it. My problem with the show is that is varies in quality. Watching a show for three years hoping to like it is strange or "not the norm" as you say.

I adored the first season. Early episodes of season 2 were ok but the rest i disliked. First half of season 3 was a bit boring but found the second half of season 3 enjoyable until the finale.

If you read my original post carefully, i had already explained the majority of what i just explained now. So feel free to leap gently from your high horse and chillout.

I understand. There is a soap I have really enjoyed over the years but don't watch now. I still read the posts and post myself because I have invested a lot of time in it and am interested to know what people still watching think about it.

I did the same with OUAT in wonderland which I really didn't like. I didn't watch after a few episodes but if a poster said an episode had something that was interesting I would watch that particular episode. I am the same with Gotham and the FLASH and Homeland. I don't watch every episode but am interested in what happens and how fans react.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoyed this week's ep. I really like the lass playing Anna. It's great casting. A hint that she might be Rapunzel.

Still too little of Regina. Is the actress off filming something else?
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I enjoyed this week's ep. I really like the lass playing Anna. It's great casting. A hint that she might be Rapunzel.

Still too little of Regina. Is the actress off filming something else?

Yep, its been pretty consistent so far. Love Ana she's been brilliant in every episode so far.

I think the lack of Regina is because she isn't overly involved in the Frozen half of S4, I think she'll feature more in the second half if anything. I feel your pain though as I love Regina and her character evolution so far.

Nice to see more Fantasia links including the walking broomstick.

My theory is on track with the fact that the Snow Queen didn't come over with either curse from the sounds of it.

Cringe worthy last line in the trailer tho.
    'I'm going to build a snowman' said by the Snow Queen
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hook what have you done..... Rumple played you and he played you at what most ppl played you at esp Zelena and Pan - (your self doubts and using your love for Emma) ! And he played on your self doubt and insecurities. You are changed, you are trying to be better - and Rumple totally played you in thinking you hadnt. I love that he only wanted his hand to embrace Emma... but make a deal with Rumple, he played you onto the hand, your fears and your love and how Emma sees you... she doesnt care if you have a hook or hand... but trust is valuable to her. I just hope he rises above and tells us and knowing Hook he knows this and he also knows how it feels to carry guilt.

i loved the date between Emma and Hook <3 I loved seeing Emma all open and embracing on the date, without walls and armour - this is the Emma underneath that we dont see thats there, hiding away and the intimacy and yes she needs to get her own place, she wanted her man... <3

The story atleast this Frozen part is mostly focused on Emma... finally after 4 seasons, its about time we have much focused on Emma, and her progression and backstory... Emma is the main central lead female.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »

Rapunzel already appeared in Season 3 when she met David/Charming.

For her to be Anna someone would have had to change her physical appearance and alter her memories so she had a different back story and did not remember meeting David before.
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Good episode, I do love Rumple :D I miss his old lace up boots and jacket though.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Rapunzel already appeared in Season 3 when she met David/Charming.

For her to be Anna someone would have had to change her physical appearance and alter her memories so she had a different back story and did not remember meeting David before.

Of course. I'd forgotten. It was a David plotline, so I may have dozed off...
  • dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the fact that Snow and Charming are not really a part of the storyline this year. They are so bland.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Not usually fond of Hook episodes but this was good though.

The hand deal went down an interesting road with Rumple.

Even the date stuff with Hook and Emma worked well.

Not sure either Elsa or the Snow Queen really needed to be in the ep as they didn't have much to do.

Nice seeing Will again, though what's happened to Alice and Anastasia though?

The apprentice plot also has promise.

Great scenes with Anna and Rumple too, 8/10
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Not usually fond of Hook episodes but this was good though.

The hand deal went down an interesting road with Rumple.

Even the date stuff with Hook and Emma worked well.

Not sure either Elsa or the Snow Queen really needed to be in the ep as they didn't have much to do.

Nice seeing Will again, though what's happened to Alice and Anastasia though?

The apprentice plot also has promise.

Great scenes with Anna and Rumple too, 8/10

Part of me is assuming he hasn't gone back to Wonderland yet hence why he was in the library with the Alice in wonderland book
  • Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ratings are well down from the premiere, but using Wiki for a comparison, decently up from the last season on average.
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the deal with that girl Lili? I assume that star mark she has makes her somehow relevant to the fairytale world. Looks like a lot of the theories regarding the Snow Queen on here were correct
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really enjoying Elizabeth Mitchell as The Snow Queen and Georgina Haig as Elsa. :)
  • Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice Thor joke by Josh Dallas ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really liked the scene were Elsa built the ice bridge, felt like the movie.

Still waiting for a "let it go" reference. :D

I also like how Snow and Charming's date started off in the sheriff's office, like most of their dates, they either end up being attacked, stalked by huntsmen or going somewhere romantic that turns out to be dangerous.

I like that they remind us every so often that Emma has had a terrible life, it's sad but it makes me want Emma to get a happy ending even more, her acting in the last scene was really emotional.