Options

The Flash Season 2 US Pace (spoilers tagged)

Comments

• Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Heh, afraid not. I believe it's already confirmed that Jay Garrick is from another Earth (Earth 2?). The new characters and such that we meet in Season 2 (some of them at least) are from an alternate earth, rather than an alternate timeline.

I do agree with you; too much of this will get hugely confusing for a tv series. I can only hope the writers know what they're doing, and that they've planned this out with their own set of rules etc.

I don't think the producers have said he's from another Earth. It's just that media outlets have been referring to Jay Garrick as being an Earth 2 character. As far as I know, what the producers said was:
    "Having Jay Garrick come onto the show was one of our earliest ideas. It is so exciting, as we rush into season 2, that we finally get to bring the Crimson Comet to life. We couldn't imagine anyone more suited to play the original Flash than Teddy."

so while those who are comic book readers know he's from Earth 2, I don't think necessarily follows they will be looking at alternative realities but explaining it as alternative timelines, which would tie in with how they've already treated the time travel issue on the show imho.
    Corwin wrote: »
    Having characters appearing from an Alt Universe is surely simpler than the main timeline being changed to introduce these characters.

If they are from an Alt Universe they can always go back to their own Universe at the end of the episode/story arc. If however they were introduced by the main timeline being altered then to get rid of them you'd have to have the Timeline changed back to the original version again.

Plus as you say Flash is linked to other shows. Having someone appear from another Universe in Flash (before going back again) would have little effect on the other shows, changing the Timeline all the shows share would have a far greater effect.

They've already done alternative timeline though in the show so it would make more sense to continue doing that and the audience is told that it's an alternative timeline and so the "outcomes" don't affect what's happening in the actual one.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Having characters appearing from an Alt Universe is surely simpler than the main timeline being changed to introduce these characters.
    Why does the timeline need to change before introducing new characters? Couldn't these other characters simply travel through time to our present? Or appear from other areas around the world? They don't have to be the result of a timeline change.
    Cadiva wrote: »
    so while those who are comic book readers know he's from Earth 2, I don't think necessarily follows they will be looking at alternative realities but explaining it as alternative timelines, which would tie in with how they've already treated the time travel issue on the show imho.
    I hope you're right, but I know I've read a pretty detailed article that stated they were diving into the multiverse complex, so Earth 2 is a fair bet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not ruling it out but I think, given how they treated the alternative timeline option with the whole tsunami storyline and Reverse Flash's coming back in time in the first place, they're probably going to follow a similar method in Season Two.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does the timeline need to change before introducing new characters? Couldn't these other characters simply travel through time to our present? Or appear from other areas around the world?

Not if we are getting Characters that don't exist in the current timeline (Jay Garrick) or alternate versions of Characters who do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not if we are getting Characters that don't exist in the current timeline (Jay Garrick) or alternate versions of Characters who do.
    In the case of Jay Garrick, he could be from the future, or from the past (back to a time when there was less technology around to record his existence). Granted though, we can't get evil Caitlin without some alternate earths or timeline changes...
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    One theory for Caitlin is Ronnie dies (That's why he's not in L.O.T) and she asks Barry to go back and change it he refuses and she goes crazy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    One theory for Caitlin is Ronnie dies (That's why he's not in L.O.T) and she asks Barry to go back and change it he refuses and she goes crazy.
    It's a sound theory, but then she still has to acquire her powers. I'm more inclined to believe that she acquires powers (somehow) and is responsible for killing Ronnie; thus sending her mad.

That said, there's still a possibility that there are two of her. She's always been supportive of Cisco and Barry, even without Ronnie, she'd have to go pretty far to suddenly become a villain. Maybe she doesn't? Maybe she acquires the power and remains a hero? Pretty sure there is one incarnation of killer frost in the dc universe that is good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think like Cisco she already has her powers but just doesn't know it yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have a personal theory that she activates her powers after Capitan Cold freezes her and rather than it kill her she makes it part of her.

Of course then it's one up on Captain Cold he needs a gun she fires it from her hands.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More updates for Season Two:
    Will the new season of The Flash explain why Robbie Amell isn’t signed on for Legends of Tomorrow? — Rienne

Yes! According to Victor Garber, you’ll find out what’s going on with Ronnie Raymond in the season premiere. Also, the first seven episodes of both The Flash and Arrow will act as a “table setting” for Legends, says EP Marc Guggenheim. “We’re putting pieces back on the chessboard,” which includes actually introducing Kendra Saunders (Ciara Renée), aka Hawkgirl, on The Flash first.
  • Options
    MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a personal theory that she activates her powers after Capitan Cold freezes her and rather than it kill her she makes it part of her.

Of course then it's one up on Captain Cold he needs a gun she fires it from her hands.
    In the final episode we see in the blur Killer Frost so we know somehow or other Caitlyn becomes Killer Frost:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esH93jMIPm4

I shouldn't have to spoiler this since it's all speculation but just in case:

But we also saw some of the Legends of Tomorrow whom I'm guessing are there to try to stop Killer Frost from going back in time to change her future but instead becomes the very catalyst causing Caitlyn's dormant powers to become active...

Realizing what happens, Killer Frost lashes out killing Ronnie by accident and when Caitlyn sees what happens that her future self killed the man she loved, Caitlyn goes mad with grief. Eventually, she teams up with Vandal Savage and he promises her a chance to change the timeline... in the process, she becomes Killer Frost.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good casting choice!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grant just won break out star at the Teen choice awards. Also some Flash and Arrow stuff in the CW new promo:

https://youtu.be/0MabDtdTbP0
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Thrombin wrote: »
    I don't think Flash and Arrow have the same feel to them at all. Flash is much more comic-booky and light hearted in tone than Arrow.

Supergirl would fit the tone of Flash much better than Arrow does.

All three shows are rubbish, compared to Daredevil. I quite liked Arrow, until they made him non-lethal and bored the pants off me with endless flashback, and the awful acting of the woman playing Laurel. Flash, had promise, but Cisco materializing all sorts of gear from nothing was worse than anything Mr T ever did in the A-Team, and the plots were mostly dull. As for Supergirl, I won't even be watching the first episode, after seeing the trailer.

Daredevil, however, was consistently brilliant. Because of that I have great hopes for season 2, and for the forthcoming Luke Cage and Iron Fist shows. Not so sure about Jessica Jones, as the character was/is so minor.
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    All three shows are rubbish, compared to Daredevil.

Just because the tone of a show isn't gritty realism doesn't mean it's rubbish it just means it's not to your taste.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just because the tone of a show isn't gritty realism doesn't mean it's rubbish it just means it's not to your taste.

Quite.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They have just cast Jessie Quick.

Unsure myself now that is the 5th good speedster in the show in series 2 so 6 in you incude Zoom 7 if Reverse Flash comes back.

I'm thinking that is just to many.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think there will be Arrow style flashbacks.

The final nail in the coffin of this show. Started out quite promising, then began to slide. Now, it's a show for 12 year-olds. Much like Arrow, the concept has been hammered into what the network thinks viewers want, as opposed to what made the character popular in the first place.

Therefore, my superhero viewing will be Gotham (which got better as it headed for the finale) and the excellent Daredevil. I'm also keen to give Ironfist and Luke Cage a viewing or three, based purely on what Netflix has done with Daredevil. Not so keen to try Jessica Jones, but maybe...
  • Options
    Forum Member

I submit that it's both not to my taste and rubbish. I'm happy enough to watch lighter shows if they're done well. For example, Once Upon A Time did great for three seasons, then ran out of steam. Flash, as another poster has commented, now has up to 5 speedsters for season 2, plus the remaining lab cast gaining super powers. This is clearly ludicrous overkill.
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    I submit that it's both not to my taste and rubbish. I'm happy enough to watch lighter shows if they're done well. For example, Once Upon A Time did great for three seasons, then ran out of steam. Flash, as another poster has commented, now has up to 5 speedsters for season 2, plus the remaining lab cast gaining super powers. This is clearly ludicrous overkill.

You consider it rubbish because it's not to your taste :p

I don't think we are in a position to criticise season 2 until we've seen season 2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A thought about Eobard Thawne & Tom Cavanagh. We know that Tom is back in Season 2, and we also know that Eobard apparently died at the end of Season 1. What if he didn't? What if he was simply transported to one of these other earths? He's then very much still alive, and will be seeking vengeance.

I've heard they're suppose to be introducing Zoom in Season 2 (actually I believe the name is referenced in the teaser trailer) but I wonder whether it's the same character, with a new name. Some time has apparently passed between the end of Season 1 and the beginning of Season 2, so could Eobard not have taken a new identity as another speedster to exact his untold revenge?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A thought about Eobard Thawne & Tom Cavanagh. We know that Tom is back in Season 2, and we also know that Eobard apparently died at the end of Season 1. What if he didn't? What if he was simply transported to one of these other earths? He's then very much still alive, and will be seeking vengeance.

I've heard they're suppose to be introducing Zoom in Season 2 (actually I believe the name is referenced in the teaser trailer) but I wonder whether it's the same character, with a new name. Some time has apparently passed between the end of Season 1 and the beginning of Season 2, so could Eobard not have taken a new identity as another speedster to exact his untold revenge?

They have confirmed that Doctor Wells is the real Doctor Wells but from Earth 2.

And Zoom is confirmed as a new character they have not cast the actor yet but will be voiced by Tony Todd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They have confirmed that Doctor Wells is the real Doctor Wells but from Earth 2.
    Oh? See, this doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. If Earth 2 has a Harrison Wells, then shouldn't it also have a Barry Allen? Iris West? Oliver Queen (etc etc etc). What's the actual difference between Earth 1, Earth 2, Earth 3 etc? If they start going the way of Trek's Mirror Universe, then that's really going to play on my mind; not that one Earth is evil and another good, but in that everyone has a double. Where is/has Earth 1's Jay Garrick been all this time?