Sky & Satellite Weekly News Thread, Week #35

Comments

• jimbojimbo Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UPDATE

Get Sky Products has moved from 10.876 V to 12.188 H.
    There was also a data service "DCS5" on 10.876 V which has now ceased.

10.876 V is however now empty.

NEW

11.612 V, SR 23000 FEC 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK (unmodulated)

55401 - unknown service

This mux SHOULD be configured as H, not V but neither polarity is modulated!
    Also one other strange occurance today is that the EPG which is refreshed every 6 hourws at 0000, 0600, 1200 and 1800 UTC every day was also refreshed at 1416 UTC (1516 UK time).
  • clubsmsclubsms Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    jimbo wrote: »
    UPDATE

NEW

11.612 V, SR 23000 FEC 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK (unmodulated)

55401 - unknown service

This mux SHOULD be configured as H, not V but neither polarity is modulated!
    Also one other strange occurance today is that the EPG which is refreshed every 6 hourws at 0000, 0600, 1200 and 1800 UTC every day was also refreshed at 1416 UTC (1516 UK time).

Is that on Astra 2G Europe beam?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clubsms wrote: »
    Is that on Astra 2G Europe beam?

I believe it is on Astra 2G - not sure of beam.

It is configured wrongly at the moment!
  • Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jimbo, please see your Email.

Thanks.
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digi Man wrote: »
    jimbo, please see your Email.

Thanks.

Oh Digi Man that what you always say.:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know what it means and that is all that matters. Update will be tomorrow.

Sorry if it confused anyone
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member

He was being sarcastic Jimbo mate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is OK. Sorry :) I replied in haste!
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timo_w2s wrote: »
    Sounds a bit like the good old BBC TV Europe service in the early 90s where BBC 1 was relayed over satellite to expats unless there were rights issues, in which case it switched to BBC 2, and if that was no good they went to teletext. :D

I've never heard of BBC TV Europe- was it receivable in the UK?
    According to Broadcast Now Fox International Channels is on the verge of launching a free to air version of the National Georaphic channel in tne UK as soon as October 2015. It will show a mix of entertainment and factual programmes.
    Paddy C wrote: »
    It also will be launching another FTA channel aimed at females called "Your TV"

There's some confusion as to whether they are to launch two channels, or whether they are one and the same, as yourtv will be showing some National Geographic Channel programmes.
  • philenglandphilengland Posts: 8,176
    Forum Member
    I wonder why the didn't go with the 'FOX Life' brand instead of Your TV as the new channels name?
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet they'd rather not use the FOX brand on a channel which will be full of cheap shows, in the same way that Sky changed Sky Three to Pick TV, and Quest doesn't use the Discovery brand.
  • ozsatozsat Posts: 5,734
    Forum Member
    Yes it was available in the UK although you needed a dish you could steer around.

It was a subscription channel for all of Europe except the UK - but was often available in the clear for long periods of time (weeks./months).
    I've never heard of BBC TV Europe- was it receivable in the UK?
  • timo_w2stimo_w2s Posts: 3,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I must admit every time I see that message I also wonder why it's needed. Wouldn't you check your email anyway at some point or do you only read your email after you've read the cryptic public message on DigitalSpy?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    timo_w2s wrote: »
    I must admit every time I see that message I also wonder why it's needed. Wouldn't you check your email anyway at some point or do you only read your email after you've read the cryptic public message on DigitalSpy?

Don't worry. I do check my e-mail regularly so I do see it when it appears. It was just a heads up to let me know.
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,025
    Forum Member
    More Sky boxes are becoming obsolete starting this month - I am sure more box swaps
    are going to be needed soon

See the very bottom of this page http://www.sky.com/mysky/latestnews/article/my-sky-updates/2014-08/new-features-for-your-sky-plus-homepage/?DCMP=dmc-skycom:ec_sky_guide&DCMP=afc-473347&affiliate=true

These are

Amstrad DRX780
    Amstrad DRX595 Multiscreen
    Pace HD
    Samsung HD
    Thompson HD which is already been obsolete
    and a box swap was already carried out for this box
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So any non-Amstrad HD box will now be obsolete. Doesn't bother me, I have an SD box. :D
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,025
    Forum Member
    DragonQ wrote: »
    So any non-Amstrad HD box will now be obsolete. Doesn't bother me, I have an SD box. :D

Wrong Amstrad DRX595 and DRX780 are also obsolete now

As you have an SD box you may get a special offer for a new HD box
  • zak2012zak2012 Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    since yesterday Sky news arabia screen got very small. why ? 840
  • BoozyuziBoozyuzi Posts: 800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I doubt that the DRX595 is now obsolete just that its not compatible with this update..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boozyuzi wrote: »
    I doubt that the DRX595 is now obsolete just that its not compatible with this update..

Having read the link I think you are right there.
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DragonQ wrote: »

Your box has been obsolete for years anyway!
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I wasn't wrong then. ;-)
    As you have an SD box you may get a special offer for a new HD box
    Doubt it since I already have one.
  • irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RTÉ News Now and RTÉ One +1 are to appear alongside the player and HD channel - deal officially announced by RTÉ.
  • omar comerfordomar comerford Posts: 1,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishfeen wrote: »
    RTÉ News Now and RTÉ One +1 are to appear alongside the player and HD channel - deal officially announced by RTÉ.

Hi All,

bit more news,

Over the next few months, our customers will enjoy access to a diverse range of RTÉ content through RTÉ Player’s availability via Sky on Demand – but that’s not all – it includes Catch Up, Ireland’s biggest catch up service!

As part of this new exciting partnership, RTÉ News Now and RTÉ One + 1 will also be available to our customers in the near future, with RTÉ One HD becoming available at the same time.

This also includes the provision to deliver RTÉ’s content on a variety of Sky services including tablets, smart phones and other digital devices – giving our customers ultimate control over how, when and where they enjoy RTÉ content.
This discussion has been closed.