Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 3)

Comments

• BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Empathy... children... husband... breasts... sense of humour... basic journalistic skills. The list is endless.
  • DeliriumTremensDeliriumTremens Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't understand any of that article. Was she reviewing a film or not? And if my (admittedly poor) memory serves, didn't she actualy try to have kids when she was married and couldn't? Which is why I can't understand her seeming hatred of children and mothers. Its just jealous and spiteful.
    The bit about Woman's hour and the jockeys - is that a reference to the last time I heard her on the radio being shrill and mad earlier in the year?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    I can't understand any of that article. Was she reviewing a film or not?

That's what confused me - she started off reviewing the film, then turned it into a "me, me me" defence of her being sent to Somalia. Also, how does one "spit" at someone on twitter?
    The bit about Woman's hour and the jockeys - is that a reference to the last time I heard her on the radio being shrill and mad earlier in the year?

I think that the digs at the presenter are due to that show she was on, but I heard half of the show that she's referring to (about the female jockeys) and it didn't come across to me the way it did to her - the majority of the women interviewed did seem to feel that they didn't get as many opportunities as the male jumpers, with the exception of one woman who was clearly quite a big star. So surely if they are being treated unequally, she would want that to be highlighted?! Oh but then again, she hates women.
  • LillithLillith Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bellagio wrote: »
    OK, here we are:

Lizzie's DS Harpies

Request sent !
  • DeliriumTremensDeliriumTremens Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, here we are:

Lizzie's DS Harpies

Now I have to join facebook!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    LJ is so full of BS. Can you imagine what the life of any adopted child would have been like? She lambasts mother's for taking time off to look after their babies and don't get her started on the heinous crime of going home to look after them at finishing time at work....tsk hanging offence. Good thing not all have the same dislike of children as the human race would have died out by now. She thinks because she's sponsored children that it gives her the right to say and do what she likes and not be criticised. She actually doesn't understand the concept of sponsoring anyway. I used to sponsor a child and also a grandparent through oxfam and used to be sent letters and pictures from time to time. It was only later I discovered that you're not actually sponsoring a particular individual the money goes to the villages and helping the whole community. Just because she donates a miniscule portion of her salary expects to be treated like mother teressa of journalism. The real hero's are those who dedicate themselves to helping others for no personal gain.
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've missed so much! Just had to do some back-reading having not been on since I went on holiday last weekend. I missed a revelatory Diary :eek:

Though I'm starting to wonder if the whole persona of Liz Jones is like an Ali G/Borat creation. No one could live like this, surely? What kind of woman plans to go through her boyfriend's phone/wallet while he's in a swimming pool - and then writes a column in a national newspaper about it?

If someone could transpose an image of Sacha Baron Cohen's face onto Liz's to see if there's any likenesses, I'd be much obliged :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't understand any of that article. Was she reviewing a film or not? And if my (admittedly poor) memory serves, didn't she actualy try to have kids when she was married and couldn't? Which is why I can't understand her seeming hatred of children and mothers. Its just jealous and spiteful.
    Pure jealousy and spite. Liz most certainly did try and get pregnant. She was raving about this herbalist who had managed to resolve the fertiity problems of various women she knew. I am not sure whether she was still pretending to be a number of years younger than she really was at that stage.:cool: She was convinced that she was going to get pregnant within the year.. So all this talk about those who CHOOSE to be childfree being persecuted for NOT having children rings hollow when she was so keen to have a child herself. I suppose she didn't go down the IVF route because she would probably have needed another woman's eggs and for the same reason she never appears to have tried to adopt either.
    Edit someone posted that 10 years ago Liz was trying to adopt. I wonder if she could possibly have been deemed an unsuitable potential parent.:cool: And just because Liz CHOSE to mutilate her own breasts why does she feel the need to criticise another woman on the basis of having a large cup size. If THAT isn't sexism I don't know what is.:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    SinSeer wrote: »
    Pure jealousy and spite. Liz most certainly did try and get pregnant. She was raving about this herbalist who had managed to resolve the fertiity problems of various women she knew. I am not sure whether she was still pretending to be a number of years younger than she really was at that stage.:cool: She was convinced that she was going to get pregnant within the year.. So all this talk about those who CHOOSE to be childfree being persecuted for NOT having children rings hollow when she was so keen to have a child herself. I suppose she didn't go down the IVF route because she would probably have needed another woman's eggs and for the same reason she never appears to have tried to adopt either.

She did write in her diary when she was with Nirpal that they started the process of adopting....I think the outcome was Nirpal changed his mind at an early stage.....can't blame him really...probably knew that she isn't v child friendly, and the probability that the marriage wasn't going to last.. That's of course assuming what she said in Diary was true or fictitious....am beginning to wonder if anything she says is true....or it's all based on a Hans Christian Anderson version.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    greeneyes wrote: »
    She did write in her diary when she was with Nirpal that they started the process of adopting....I think the outcome was Nirpal changed his mind at an early stage.....can't blame him really...probably knew that she isn't v child friendly, and the probability that the marriage wasn't going to last.. That's of course assuming what she said in Diary was true or fictitious....am beginning to wonder if anything she says is true....or it's all based on a Hans Christian Anderson version.
    Unluckily for for Liz people remember her lies/ Hence she is always being caught out.
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've gotta laugh at the handy straw man she creates to explain the recent "Twitter storm". Apparently it's because she has a nice house and horses. Yeah, that's right, Liz that's why people were nauseated by the pre-Somalia "NHS let me down" rant. Because you have a nice house and horses. Nothing to do with your arrogance, rudeness and horrendous sense of entitlement.

The column in today's MoS is completely demented. Once again it reads like the unstructured ramblings of someone sitting down and pouring out the contents of their head without any central point or focus. Why the dig at the Woman's Hour presenter? Where does her "embonpoint" come into the equation? Just imagine if a male writer chose to insult a female presenter in this way. In a column which started out about female bullying, this takes the biscuit.

And don't get me started on the Diary. As I've said before, one of these days I swear she'll have the FRS in a kilt playing bagpipes and eating haggis while buttering oatcakes and riding the Loch Ness Monster, just in case any of us haven't got the message she's trying so hard to send out by the occasional use of the word "wee" (which all we all now, Scottish rock stars use in every other sentence).

Oh, and this delightful holiday she's currently enjoying....have we established whether it's the same one she was slagging off in the paper a couple of weeks ago?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cathrin wrote: »
    Oh, and this delightful holiday she's currently enjoying....have we established whether it's the same one she was slagging off in the paper a couple of weeks ago?

Yup - I did that a page or so back. Thus: :cool:
    Latest Dreary - aside from it being a thoroughly unpleasant piece, an interesting point. She infers she's written it on 'holiday' in Ibiza. Today is September 2nd. The piece about going straight from Somalia to Spain was printed in August 13th, or three weeks ago. I think someone's slipped. Again.

Also, from August [emphasis mine]:

"I hate Spanish food, composed as it is of dried ham. There is no cable TV. While the villa looked lovely on the internet, a few things are already getting on my nerves. The bed is not as comfy as my Vi-Spring at home. The cupboards smell. There are terracotta tiles.

But worse than all of this is the enormous pressure to have a good time."

Today:

"With this in mind, I am determined to enjoy this mini break. Already, it’s going really well. Unlike my honeymoon, when I had to drive the rental car around frankly dangerous mountain roads, when there was no telly in the villa, or heated pool, or comfy bed, he has arranged everything so it’s perfect. He met me at the airport in his fancy car. He arranged for a cook to make our first meal: a delicious risotto followed by figs."

Bets that the Ibiza jaunt will turn up in High Life in a few months ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BTW, I know I keep rattling on about the High Life articles she's done about her 'holidays', so for your amusement and reading pleasure:

February 1st 2007 - Himalayas

August 1st 2007 - Vamazi - Mozambique island, famous £26,000 holiday

April 1st, 2010 - Hong Kong - flew to see old schoolmate ? Don't think so...

December 8th 2010 - Skiing in the Dolomites
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup - I did that a page or so back. Thus: :cool:

I should have known! :) Sorry Bellagio, I really should remember to catch up with the thread before I post my own ramblings. You're spot on as always. Does the woman not realise that the same readers will see both columns? Or does she not care? (Silly question!) :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cathrin wrote: »
    The column in today's MoS is completely demented. Once again it reads like the unstructured ramblings of someone sitting down and pouring out the contents of their head without any central point or focus. .......

LJ has to be the world's worst film reviewer. Ever.
    The beginning of the article leads us to believe that we will learn her impressions of new movie 'The Help' (good book),
    but instead there is the above mentioned loony stream of consciousness.

Imho the article would read exactly the same, irrespective of the film being 'reviewed', eg: Apocalyse Now: "Terracotta tiles and no Wi-Fi. The horror... the horror!",
    and Dirty Dancing: "All the men who have ever lived have put LJ in the corner.
    Did I ever tell you about the one who stood me up on Millenium Eve? (...blah.. blah Zzzz)".
    Interspersed with random photos of LJ in Somalia and photoshopped in a tent at Glastonbury. Why? Just because.
  • vampyrevampyre Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last article about skiing shows many hallmarks of her odd take on life, I wouldn't be in any hurry to have her back to witter on about lazy chalet girls of yesteryear if it were my call.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, how I love Google...

From the Dreary, March 4th 2007:

"I should never have lied about my age, telling him [Nirps] I was 36 when we met. He told me once during an argument that he felt cheated by the fact I had lied, and that when I came clean it was too late for him to back out of our wedding. But then I have always lied because I have never felt good enough. Even at primary school, I told the girls that a piebald pony in the field opposite the playground was mine. When it disappeared a few weeks later, I told them it had died, and was buried in my garden next to Penny the rabbit.

When it miraculously reappeared they wondered what on earth had happened.

And so I told more lies."

There you have it, my friends, straight from the horse's mouth (or arse): Liz Jones is a chronic and compulsive liar, and has been for over 40 years. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Dear All

Have lurked for many a month, and have registered today on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Just wanted to say how Liz Jones and this thread has become my guilty pleasure - keep up the comments, they really make reading Liz Jones a hoot.

And love the spook twitter account of Liz Jones' time in Somalia, including the spoof first draft of her Somalia article with editor's comments!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yet she flourishes while other very talented honest people never get anywhere near her level of success. People who aren't glad their mother has dementia or announce everyone of vaguely Asian appearance who work in a supermarket is from Sri Lanka.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
  • lovelylissalovelylissa Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay a facebook group for me to demonstrate my rage at this woman! Happy days - request sent!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Love Rival has come to resemble the one I had for FWD (F***ing **** Daphne), the woman my husband fell in love with. I found out where Daphne worked, and turned up at her office with a fake package in the hope of meeting her. Bear in mind that FWD worked in Manhattan, and you can see my detective work bordered on the insane. It’s at times like this I wish I lived with the RS, just so that I could go through his wallet and check his BlackBerry while he’s in the shower.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2032964/In-I-fret-love-rival.html#ixzz1X0GdUTHO

So she's outed herself as a complete bunny boiler:eek:..and I thought she was a vegan! :D

FB request also sent - well done to Bellagio for creating!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That fake package to see love rival scene is from an episode of Frasier. Daphne gets all worked up about a patient appearing to have a crush on Niles.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Request to join the FB group sent!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vampyre wrote: »
    That fake package to see love rival scene is from an episode of Frasier. Daphne gets all worked up about a patient appearing to have a crush on Niles.

And the husband's bit of fluff is also called Daphne... gosh, what a coincidence !
This discussion has been closed.