Rupauls Drag Race

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Have you all heard about the controversy with Tyra?

http://instinctmagazine.com/post/drag-race-winner-tyra-sanchez-tweets-insensitive-remarks-about-suicide

She then made nasty comments towards Mimi telling her to kill herself!
    Forum Member
    Have a feeling Tatianna could be involved. She normally tweets a lot but hasn't tweeted now since 5 days ago!
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    Have you all heard about the controversy with Tyra?

http://instinctmagazine.com/post/drag-race-winner-tyra-sanchez-tweets-insensitive-remarks-about-suicide

She then made nasty comments towards Mimi telling her to kill herself!

Oh dear Tyra. She's really never going to shake off the 'worst winner' title is she.

I'd love to know what RuPaul thinks of Tyra now, though I feel like RuPaul is the sort of person that doesn't get too caught up in the past and won't regret any of her decisions.
    Forum Member
    Oh dear Tyra. She's really never going to shake off the 'worst winner' title is she.

I'd love to know what RuPaul thinks of Tyra now, though I feel like RuPaul is the sort of person that doesn't get too caught up in the past and won't regret any of her decisions.

I prefered Tatianna, Pandora, Jujubee and Raven to her in that season. She didn't deserve the win and I think she is proving why even further now.

There has been some petition started to revoke the crown from her and Ru has been getting so many messages.
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always tried to stick up for Tyra a little bit, but she's gone too far this time. Raven probably should've won anyway.

Bebe is still the worst winner in herstory though.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    I really Hope tatiana is on all stars loved her on S2.

Raven should of won S2 over Tyra i mean Tyra did work hard but she didnt deserve to win i think she won for sympathy tbh.
    Forum Member
    My ideal line-up would be:

Ongina
    Tatianna
    PhiPhi
    Willam
    Alyssa
    Detox
    Alaska
    Ivy
    Adore
    Trinity
    BenDeLaCreme
    Katya
    Max
    Pearl

Although, that would probably be too many :p Please say they aren't going to be in pairs this time?
  • kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always tried to stick up for Tyra a little bit, but she's gone too far this time. Raven probably should've won anyway.

Bebe is still the worst winner in herstory though.

I don't think there is a worst winner, and BeBe's giant wig makes my jaw drop every time I see it! My least favourite winner is probably Raja although I do believe that she deserved the win the most.
    Forum Member
    I'd also quite like to see Courtney again as I do feel she was edited a bit badly. And Josyln also who I thought was underrated!
    Forum Member
    I think they did such a good job casting All Stars 1 that they've left themselves with little to work with when it comes to series 1-4 queens for All Stars 2. I think all series should be represented though, even if it's just 1 or 2 queens from series 1-4.

Series 3 would probably be the hardest to cast from as I think with 4 queens they were the most represented series in All Stars 1. They had 2nd-4th place covered (including Miss Congeniality) and they even had 'the trainwreck queen' covered with Mimi.
    You have to delve deep into the series to find someone to cast now. The most likely choice would be Shangela, but for a 3rd time on the show?

Even though she was a fairly random choice I was glad Alexis Mateo was in All Stars 1 as she was my fave queen from series 3. She tends to be underrated/overlooked when people talk about the show.
    What I thought was interesting about her was that she had no filter. She wasn't angry or aggressive but she just said whatever was on her mind, whether it was charming and bonkers or mean and petty. I wasn't that excited by her pageant drag but her lip syncs against Stacy and Shangela are still awesome. I was kind of mad that she got cut before the final 2 lip synced, she may have outshined Raja and Manila if they all did it as I've seen it described as the worst final lip sync of any series. But to be fair to them, 'Champion' is a hard song to lip sync to.
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they did such a good job casting All Stars 1 that they've left themselves with little to work with when it comes to series 1-4 queens for All Stars 2. I think all series should be represented though, even if it's just 1 or 2 queens from series 1-4.

Series 3 would probably be the hardest to cast from as I think with 4 queens they were the most represented series in All Stars 1. They had 2nd-4th place covered (including Miss Congeniality) and they even had 'the trainwreck queen' covered with Mimi.
    You have to delve deep into the series to find someone to cast now. The most likely choice would be Shangela, but for a 3rd time on the show?

Even though she was a fairly random choice I was glad Alexis Mateo was in All Stars 1 as she was my fave queen from series 3. She tends to be underrated/overlooked when people talk about the show.
    What I thought was interesting about her was that she had no filter. She wasn't angry or aggressive but she just said whatever was on her mind, whether it was charming and bonkers or mean and petty. I wasn't that excited by her pageant drag but her lip syncs against Stacy and Shangela are still awesome. I was kind of mad that she got cut before the final 2 lip synced, she may have outshined Raja and Manila if they all did it as I've seen it described as the worst final lip sync of any series. But to be fair to them, 'Champion' is a hard song to lip sync to.

Alexis was the second runner-up of S3, so I wouldn't really call her inclusion a surprise!

Have we heard anything about how the show's going to be laid out? Hopefully they do a full 12/13 episode season. If they do have to cut it, at least send two queens home a week and be gone with that team mess.
    Forum Member
    Ru's in a bit of a predicament. There's alot of pressure to make this All Stars more organised and less rushed.

But then it can't be too good or else it's going to make All Stars 1 even more inferior as the two are always going to be compared.
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    I hope they drop that stupid teams idea.

Hands up if you regularly shout "I just saw Manilla gurl"
    Forum Member
    Why do they film this show so far in advance ? Wouldn't it better to film it closer to air date and same with All Stars ?
    Forum Member
    Did anyone else play Spot The Queen during Miley's MTV Video Music Awards performance?

It wasn't just queens from the show taking part but I'd say two-thirds of them were.
    The ones I personally recognized were:
    1: Tammie Brown, Victoria "Pork Chop" Parker
    2: Pandora, Jessica Wild
    3: Shangela, Alexis, Delta
    4: Jiggly, Willam
    5: Alyssa, Monica
    6: Laganja, Gia, Vivacious, Trinity, Courtney
    7: Violet, Jaidynn, Pearl, Miss Fame

There were more but I either missed them or didn't recognize them.
    Shows just how much influence the show has nowadays.
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My all stars line up would be.

S1: Ongina and Jade (I'm still not over Rebecca winning the challenge the week Ongina went home, or being dressed like a Kiss reject and sending Jade home.)
    S2 NPBFAG, did anyone catch her on last weeks fashion ruview? She looks stunning. And Morgan (I'm going to count Shangela as season 3 because she had a longer run there.)
    S3 Shangela and Stacy Layne Matthews.
    S4 Phi Phi (after the vid he did after getting out of jail it made me want to let him have another chance) and Willam (who might do it if Detox is involved) ;-)
    S5 Detox and Alaska.
    S6 Bendela and Adore.
    S7 Katya

Fan favourite entry, Alyssa.
    Forum Member
    By the looks of things thanks to the fans on reddit the All Starr season 2 cast looks like so far confirmed:

Phi Phi
    Roxy
    Detox
    Coco
    Aylysa
    Alaska
    Tattiaana
    Katya
    Adore
    Ginger

Im really hoping tatiana goes far, she is one who has had the most time to grow and i hear she actually has since Season 2. I have been re-watching S2 and absolutely find her hilarious :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time to get HYPE!!! Season 8 starts in March my little chickedees... meet the queens...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aLxP1Gqqbo
  • TaintedmeatTaintedmeat Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is season 7 going on Netflix ? Still not seen it :-(
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Time to get HYPE!!! Season 8 starts in March my little chickedees... meet the queens...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aLxP1Gqqbo

I'm really liking Naomi, Kim Chi, Bob and Dax from their individual previews.
  • jonnyblackjonnyblack Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When is season 7 going on Netflix ? Still not seen it :-(

If it does go online at all, I would expect it won't happen until after truTV have finished airing season 7. They're due to air episode 4 tomorrow so could be a while. Not sure if they'll be running straight into season 8 when 7 is done.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Someone filmed the beginning of the first episode and it's on YouTube. Honestly it might be the best lineup yet. I was yaaassssssing tenfold.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LA red carpet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYO0m-oHCJE

Season 8 starts on Monday, I can't wait!!!
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    LA red carpet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYO0m-oHCJE

Season 8 starts on Monday, I can't wait!!!

Me neither. I loved every season but the last one, which just felt flat with really quite poor queens. Everyone seemed to like Pearl but she was just background noise like all the others.
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to season 8. Seems to be full of quirky queens with lots of personality.

Been rewatching season 7 on TruTV, attempting to do it with an open mind, but also trying to work out why it didn't really hit the spot the way other seasons have.
    I feel like the forced agenda of old vs new and performance vs looks is just way too suffocating. What they ended up with was queens on both sides acting like entitled snobs and being incredibly reluctant to change or admit any faults. It was the so-called 'fashion season' and it certainly achieved that with some amazing looks, but sadly not much else.