How do I take this returned purchase issue further?

KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
Forum Member
Tired of really bad service. Basically, purchased a Nutribullet from IdealWorld. I returned it via their mailing system.

And then the woes start. I returned it in (last year) and mailed them every month after October asking when I was going to get my refund.

I have an email trail showing they didn't respond to ONE of my emails until May 2015. I was sending one a week at one point. They told me it's been so long they don't have a record of it being returned and that they can't - and won't - do anything about it.

The courier recycles the tracking so obviously it's not going to be on the system forever, and they are claiming it was never returned to them.

So, after a year, what do I do now? It's £100, but it's more the principle - I checked the tracking at the time and it was delivered.

This is truly legendarily dire customer service.

Comments

• Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd need proof that it was delivered I'm afraid. The other option would be to try contacting someone senior within the company as their stock levels for that item should be one higher than on their system. But it sounds like they don't want to do anything about it unfortunately.
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leave a comment on their Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/idealworldtv
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This required a phone call a long time ago, a week after the first non reply if it were me. There is no way I would have waited 7 months for a reply or a refund. No idea what you can do now if you can't prove it was returned. How did you pay? If by credit card, you could possibly ask advice from them but I wouldn't hold out hope.
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    This required a phone call a long time ago, a week after the first non reply if it were me. There is no way I would have waited 7 months for a reply or a refund. No idea what you can do now if you can't prove it was returned. How did you pay? If by credit card, you could possibly ask advice from them but I wouldn't hold out hope.

THANKS :) I don't do phone calls. I like there to be a very clear trail of emails and I've been burned before when I've asked for phone transcripts and they magically vanish...

I'm going to take my tracking and chase this myself. The shipper will have records; I just have to find them.

I'm just so exhausted at how they can hide behind truly terrible customer service...
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karis wrote: »
    Tired of really bad service. Basically, purchased a Nutribullet from IdealWorld. I returned it via their mailing system.

And then the woes start. I returned it in (last year) and mailed them every month after October asking when I was going to get my refund.

I have an email trail showing they didn't respond to ONE of my emails until May 2015. I was sending one a week at one point. They told me it's been so long they don't have a record of it being returned and that they can't - and won't - do anything about it.

The courier recycles the tracking so obviously it's not going to be on the system forever, and they are claiming it was never returned to them.

So, after a year, what do I do now? It's £100, but it's more the principle - I checked the tracking at the time and it was delivered.

Did you print out the tracking? Or screenshot it and copy to a word doc. Then send them the copy.

But I do think it is strange to have waited for almost a year of weekly, ignored, emails before actually thinking about escalating the issue.

I would carpet bomb their FB and Twitter and anywhere else you can get public attention from other potential customers. At the very least it will warn others of their tardiness.
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    THANKS :) I don't do phone calls. I like there to be a very clear trail of emails and I've been burned before when I've asked for phone transcripts and they magically vanish...

But that ploy clearly wasn't working so phone calls with detailed notes made by yourself would have aided your claim.
    You can't let a dispute drag that long and expect them to suddenly do an about face.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate phoning companies too but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and do it. Emails, social media etc can be great for communicating with a company but sometimes the old fashioned approach is needed if these don't work.
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm going to take my tracking and chase this myself. The shipper will have records; I just have to find them.

I'm just so exhausted at how they can hide behind truly terrible customer service...

That means nothing if they have never responded to even one of them. Do you know for an absolute fact that you sent all these emails to the correct address?
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,149
    Forum Member

But there's only a clear trail of emails from yourself not them. Also for future reference it's worth asking for the name of the person you're talking to if you do phone. I don't think IW and their sister company Create + Craft are the best when it comes to dealing with such problems.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the only email address worth bothering with: the CEO
    mike.hancox@idealshoppingdirect.co.uk
    You should put "Message read" tags on your sent mail if your mail provider allows it.
    That's proof they received it even if they ignore it.
    However, without any proof that you sent it back and that they received it you'll struggle.

Nevertheless, go direct to the CEO now and tell him you can provide proof of outgoing emails to Ideal World from the copies you have in your Sent box.

Edit: I'm surprised no one has yet said you may have to just bite the nutribullet :blush:
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did you get any sort of receipt from the courier?
    Forum Member
    fredster wrote: »
    Did you get any sort of receipt from the courier?

Yes I've got all the tracking details and everything. I got a receipt. But it's not much use when they are saying they have no tracking information. Its clearly a case of let's leave it as long as possible and this problem will go away
    Forum Member
    Edit: I'm surprised no one has yet said you may have to just bite the nutribullet :blush:

LOL!!! Funny. They had all my emails and they've read them all because I get a response email with a customer service number on it every time
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    LOL!!! Funny. They had all my emails and they've read them all because I get a response email with a customer service number on it every time
    Automated responses don't mean that your email has been read. Just that the system has recieved it and sent out a generic message with unique reference number.
  • davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But you don't need to have it first - just threaten a small claims action (and then start one if necessary), you can produce the evidence in court if need be.
    Forum Member
    That means nothing if they have never responded to even one of them. Do you know for an absolute fact that you sent all these emails to the correct address?

Well, there are two reasons:

1. Every message was returned with a "we've received your email and here's a Customer Service Number in case you need to follow it up (LOL).

AND (the best one)

They acknowledged the vast number of messages I'd sent and the patience I'd displayed. But didn't apologise...
  • TUTV ViewerTUTV Viewer Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member

1. Every message was returned with a "we've received your email and here's a Customer Service Number in case you need to follow it up (LOL).

AND (the best one)

They acknowledged the vast number of messages I'd sent and the patience I'd displayed. But didn't apologise...

Ok

Essentially you've got enough there for either your credit card company or the small claims court.
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    youve lost

move on
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

AND (the best one)

Then start by presenting your evidence to the CEO at the email address provided.
    He'll delegate it but you'll be well above the "customer complaints" level and if they drag their feet then politely "harass" him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    OP

Why did you return the nutribullet? Was it that it was faulty? If you would accept a replacement instead it might be worth contacting Nutribullet directly and explaining the situation.

I hope you get it sorted one way or another :)