EastEnders- Mon 23 July 2012- Olympic (Baby)Fever hits Albert Square as EE GOES LIVE!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    felixrex wrote: »
    I'm sure I saw Tiffany with Shenice and Morgan?? I know they obviously just wanted to get all the kids involved in the big event but do you think we'll be treated to any explanation as to why Tiffany's apparently living on Albert Square alone now?! :D

HAHA I was thinking that too LOL :D
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jill_Fan wrote: »
    Nah it was definitely live before that. It was live when he was coming through the window and changed into his clothes.

It couldn't have been. Those flats don't have sets build in. They are exterior only.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    AndreaJx wrote: »
    Exactly. EE did great...that should shut up all the haters.

Sadly, there will always be someone who logs in just to say how much they hated the episode of the show that they turned over specifically to watch despite numerous similar complaints :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    I loved it tonight. Billy looked so happy when he was carrying the torch. Perry Fenwick obviously wasn't acting - he really was so proud and happy to be a torch bearer. I thought some of the cast looked quite emotional too.
  • Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah it was definitely live before that. It was live when he was coming through the window and changed into his clothes.

It was live when he came out the flat after changing his clothes.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    It couldn't have been. Those flats don't have sets build in. They are exterior only.

Yeah I think the live part started when he walked up the steps from the flat.....the thing I'm confused about though was whether Lola was live throughout the episode?
  • Jill_FanJill_Fan Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can tell because it just looks different to usual.
  • criterioncriterion Posts: 177
    Forum Member

Wouldn't that have been unnecessarily risky though? Yes, I know it would have only been sugar glass so there was no possibility of Billy Mitchell being cut and getting blood on his uniform.

I just in my personal opinion of course think it would have been an unnecessary risk, if the window hadn't broken as planned or if the object he used to throw threw the window struck another object etc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    robjames69 wrote: »
    I dont think the BBC were chasing ratings, and with the stunning weahter today its more likley epsidode 2 will perhaps nudge 7m.

But it wasn't about ratings, perhaps like the 20th live and the corrie one was, so thats fine.

It does show, when EE is on top form, nothing can touch it. It does big episodes like no other soap can. The only snaggle is it struggles during downtime.

Excellent episode, and special mentions for Ann Mitchell, Danielle Harold, Perry Fenwick and Scott Mansell for remembering his words :D
    If they were i think they would have trailed it to death, The thing is it was the only time it could have been done so that's why it went Live

Agreed! It loves to take risks. A fall on it's first LIVE episode and a Birth/Olympic Torch scenes during it's LIVE scenes tonight. what's next ?
  • Soap VillainSoap Villain Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Dehett wrote: »
    I thought some of the cast looked quite emotional too.

I felt pretty emotional watching it, truth be told... and I couldn't give a damn about the bloody olympics!
  • Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    If they were i think they would have trailed it to death, The thing is it was the only time it could have been done so that's why it went Live

Agreed! It loves to take risks. A fall on it's first LIVE episode and a Birth/Olympic Torch scenes during it's LIVE scenes tonight. what's next ?

A Big Disaster [that isn't the Vic Burning]! :D;)
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    I felt pretty emotional watching it, truth be told... and I couldn't give a damn about the bloody olympics!

Me nither, I hate the Olympics, but I did have a nice feeling watching it. :)
  • criterioncriterion Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    BBC are the host broadcaster for the Olympics, EastEnders is a BBC production.

That is why it happened on EastEnders. It was a way for the BBC to show off, not that I am critical of them for doing that.

I really enjoyed it.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Good. Much better than their last attempt, not that that would be hard.

Was the pre-recorded bit filmed as live too, it actually looked more live than the live stuff, like they were trying to make the rest of the two episodes seem a bit amateur, so if they cocked up during the live scenes it would feel less noticeable and out of place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like watching it again!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Yeah I think the live part started when he walked up the steps from the flat.....the thing I'm confused about though was whether Lola was live throughout the episode?

I wondered that - all the McClunky's scenes looked live to me (shaky cameras etc), but given Ben's absence from the final scenes, plus the difficulty in crossing between live and recorded scenes through the ep, I'm thinking they probably filmed those earlier scenes as if they were live to at least keep some continuity.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shirley looked emotional at george street
    it was soo nice to hear them chanting billy
    i just looved both ep
  • summerbunnysummerbunny Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    great episode tonight , loved it 10/10
    perry was fantastic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »

I think the pre-recorded bits were filmed as live looking as possible so it would flow naturally when it did go live...if that makes any sense?
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know the ratings don't really matter but it would be fab if it done really well :D although it takes nothing away from the great episode it was.
  • JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was really well done. Felt seamless despite being a mixture. Great atmosphere. Credit where credit's due EastEnders!

I love how when the soaps go live, they go LIVE! We've had Bradley's fall/Stacey the killer reveal, the live aftermath of the tram crash carnage on Corrie with the birth/Molly's death/Fiz's birth and now the Olympic torch and another live birth on EE.

A great night for the soaps tonight, nice to see both the big two on top form. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Same! I thought I was the only one...and I never feel emotional when I watch something.
  • jamesisacejamesisace Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Second live episode - any notice the subtle nod to the previous live episode by Zainab when she referenced Bradley's death. Coincidence or not nice little touch I thought
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the pre-recorded bits were filmed as live looking as possible so it would flow naturally when it did go live...if that makes any sense?

That's probably it then....McKlunkys looked a lot darker when Billy arrived so it must have only been live then.