Danyl - Absolutely dreadful

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vickilou wrote: »
    Was was you listening to?!?!! It wasn't the same thing as everyone else thats for sure.

Yeah because 'everyone else' thought it was amazing. Take a look through the thread and you'll see plenty who agree with me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Magic Girl wrote: »
    pharoah wrote: »
    Yes I know but some songs are strictly to be sung by one sex. 'I Am Telling You' is one of them, similar to 'I Will Survive' - it doesn't work if sung by a man. It just sounds camp IMO.

Interestingly, Ricky didn't change the sex in the lyrics to Back to Black[/QUOTE]

Yes he did !!

I thought Danyl was great btw - fantastic vocals (unlike most who sang last night) and superb interpratation.

I just don't get the "some songs are meant to be sung by a woman" brigade at all. It either works or it doesn't - and IMO it did.

I just checked it back on You-Tube. He changed some of it but still left in 'You go back to HER and i go back to black'. It's possible he just forgot to sing HIM though.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Simon needs to get a grip.

"I just witnessed one of the best performances I've ever seen in my life"

There was more hyperbole in that statement than there was venom on Cheryl's acid tongue. It was good. Very good. Best of the night, certainly. But that was all it was.