Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 21)

Comments

• Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennifer Hudson, Leona Lewis Recorded 'Sex And The City 2' Track Wearing Stilettos
    'You got to be chic at all times,' producer Claude Kelly says of session for 'Love Is Your Color.'

By Jocelyn Vena

NEW YORK — "Sex And The City 2" comes out on Friday, but the film's soundtrack album is available today (May 25). The album features everyone from the female cast of the flick singing the Helen Reddy female-empowerment tune "I Am Woman" to Alicia Keys covering the Blondie classic "Rapture," and the one and only Liza Minnelli doing Beyoncé's "Single Ladies." But the album's divalicious duet is "Love Is Your Color," by Leona Lewis and "SATC1" star Jennifer Hudson.

At the film's New York premiere, the song's writer producer, Claude Kelly, admitted that it was quite an experience getting the two big-voiced singers together for the track. "I'm like the diva whisperer," he joked to MTV News on the red carpet. "It was amazing. I've worked with both of them before and it was a fun experience to have two different kinds of voices and two different styles come together for this movie. It was the perfect vehicle for that."

Kelly also revealed a detail that the two singers got in character to record the song for the film. "The most incredible thing ... I didn't know this, but there's a rule that to work on 'Sex And The City,' all the women have to wear stilettos," he said. "You got to be chic at all times. So they both got the memo: They both came in with their stilettos on to record, which is weird because most artists come in their comfortable clothes. Leona and Jennifer both show up, completely diva-less, in stilettos, ready to record. It was a completely amazing moment."

He jokingly added, "I wasn't complaining because they looked great in stilettos — I didn't [wear mine]. I didn't get the memo. Maybe next time!"

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1639958/20100525/hudson__jennifer.jhtml
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone downloaded Bionic yet?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I did, but it didn't work. I've listened to the full Lift Me Up and it's fantastic. The instrumental is fantastic and the vocals are some of her best, imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Me, it's a really good album, it's really consistant, a great listen, I've ordered my copy :)

I don't think everyone will like it though, some will get it, some wont..

Some of the tracks have that whole UK/Electro-indie, skins sort of sound going on, like 'Bionic' and 'Elastic Love' but then there is also some classic dirty Xtina.. 'Woohoo', 'NMT', 'Desnudate' and.. 'VANITY'!
    'Vanity' is all sorts of amazing! :D and the you have some great ballads, 'Lift Me Up' and 'I Am'
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I have done, I love it ha. It seems it's not to a lot of people's tastes but I think they need to release Vanity or Prima Donna as a single, even possibly Elastic Love, just as something different.
    You can totally tell MIA wrote Elastic Love, but it's bloody brilliant.
    It all flows nicely aswell and sits well together, which I appreciate as a full body of work. You don't get that a lot of the time with albums and all the varying producers people use these days.

Anyway, hurrah for those HQ clips, I'm not watching them anymore now till I've seen the full Labyrinth show haha :P
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did, but it didn't work. I've listened to the full Lift Me Up and it's fantastic. The instrumental is fantastic and the vocals are some of her best, imo.

Its more restrained than usual but you can hear the damage that shes done to her voice in it! Really badly!
    The album is wierd, thats the only way i can describe it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calvin had upload a new vocal battle Leona vs Christina
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU63xFiprcI
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iLeak is about to leak a track Leona has done with RedOne for album 3. Its called Haunted and from what I've heard I like her new sound. Just annoyed about that lame horn sound that RedOne has used in nearly all his songs
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona and the tour gang is heading to Sheffield tomorrow! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    iLeak is about to leak a track Leona has done with RedOne for album 3. Its called Haunted and from what I've heard I like her new sound. Just annoyed about that lame horn sound that RedOne has used in nearly all his songs

Leak it in full? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like You Lost Me, Lift Me Up, Bionic and WooHoo from Christina's album.

I don't think the RedOne track is gonna leak anytime soon :confused: Hopefully not anyway.
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    OT but what is Tedder smoking? :confused:
    Has the drama affected Tedder and Clarkson's working relationship? It doesn't sound like it.

"I'm working on stuff for her next album and am personally over any of the drama between the two of us," Tedder said. "It's silly. 'Already Gone' is now a bigger hit than 'Halo' was, so I think she's probably happy, too."

http://www.denverpost.com/entertainmentlastold/ci_15129075

On what planet was AG a bigger hit than Halo?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snoinipO wrote: »
    I really like You Lost Me, Lift Me Up, Bionic and WooHoo from Christina's album.

I don't think the RedOne track is gonna leak anytime soon :confused: Hopefully not anyway.

Right now I'm loving Birds of Prey, Life Me Up, Bionic, Vanity, Woohoo, Prima Donna and Sex for Breakfast. I'm infected with Bionic and Prima Donna though, the beats>>>>>>
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snoinipO wrote: »

Nope it will leak soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    Its more restrained than usual but you can hear the damage that shes done to her voice in it! Really badly!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Somebody's reaching again...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Nope it will leak soon.

They better not, I can't stand iLeaks. How the hell that site is still up is beyond me. :mad::rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethereal wrote: »

The planet of deusions. I really hope he doesn't produce anything for Leona's next album UNLESS he gets a new sound. I'm tired of the distorted drums and drum claps. Same with Redone and the horn lol.
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    LiveFTW! wrote: »
    The planet of deusions. I really hope he doesn't produce anything for Leona's next album UNLESS he gets a new sound. I'm tired of the distorted drums and drum claps. Same with Redone and the horn lol.

I'm torn because he has made my favourite Leona tracks and they clearly work well together. But maybe it is time to move on because I can't see the label keeping his songs as album tracks. I'd hate to have another lead single produced by him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm torn because he has made my favourite Leona tracks and they clearly work well together. But maybe it is time to move on because I can't see the label keeping his songs as album tracks. I'd hate to have another lead single produced by him.

I wouldn't mind them writing together, but agree re:lead single, they need something strong and catchy!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ME! :D

Its not cohesive (if thats even a word!) :confused::o

On planet Tedder OBVIOUSLY!
    LiveFTW! wrote: »
    Right now I'm loving Birds of Prey, Life Me Up, Bionic, Vanity, Woohoo, Prima Donna and Sex for Breakfast. I'm infected with Bionic and Prima Donna though, the beats>>>>>>

WooHoo and Lift me Up are the major standouts for me! :)

I bloody love xtina!

p.s Cassie you crack me up more than i could ever tell you! and by the way im on ladslads now! :p;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arrrgh! Just won an e-bay auction and got 2 Leona tickets for Liverpool on Monday for £23! Thats £11.50 a ticket BARGAIN! very happy. Can't wait for monday!

The seller has 100% positive feedback and has sold dozens of other concert tickets so everything should run smoothly!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Just added the "1/2 HQ" cover of IO DONNA Magazine: http://leonaweb.net/cpg1.4.16/cpg1416/displayimage.php?album=912&pos=0

Is "Haunted" supposed to leak full ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Somebody's reaching again...

Reaching for what?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ME! :D

Its not cohesive (if thats even a word!) :confused::o

On planet Tedder OBVIOUSLY!

WooHoo and Lift me Up are the major standouts for me! :)

I bloody love xtina!

p.s Cassie you crack me up more than i could ever tell you! and by the way im on ladslads now! :p;)

Tutut, you **** :p whats your username im gonna look you up:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leonaweb wrote: »
    Just added the "1/2 HQ" cover of IO DONNA Magazine: http://leonaweb.net/cpg1.4.16/cpg1416/displayimage.php?album=912&pos=0

Is "Haunted" supposed to leak full ?
    Thats..not the best picture of her :o

I hope on Saturday there are loads of videos from the concert floating about :D
This discussion has been closed.