V:MX Retro

ZapomaticZapomatic Posts: 705
Forum Member
✭✭
At last, the rumoured V:MX Retro channel has launched! Seems to be mostly stuff that was already available on V:MX Search, plus a few more songs I haven't noticed on there before. It's about time they did this - when the V:MX website launched I suggested this on their forums, and hey presto we have it!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    I can't justify paying for the music pack unless they have more of the MTV channels! Tell me what I am missing out on?
  • ZapomaticZapomatic Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are you missing here? Loads and loads of on demand videos from the 70s, 80s and 90s! You can play them all randomly, or just one of the decades.

Really with V:MX, MTV channels become redundant apart from some of their non-music programming. After having V:MX for so long I hate watching music videos covered in on-screen crap and interrupted by adverts that seem to be twice as loud as the music.
    Forum Member
    Nope, doesn't sound like theres anything there I'd want to watch :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I would take VMX over MTV any time. I got sick of MTV after it stopped showing any music and just seems to have ads on it. And they seem to co-ordinate the channels so that the ads are on every channel at the same time. Not that VMX has very much on it that I would ever want to watch, but I can normally put together a favourites list of a few classics and some recent releases. Makes a nice change when you have friends over to do a video jukebox rather than a mix.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elhornet wrote:
    Nope, doesn't sound like theres anything there I'd want to watch :)

So you watch MTV for its non-music content? I supposed if you are not interested in Music then its not worth getting VMX.
    Forum Member
    I watch MTV for its non musical content yes. The only thing that annoys me is that Homechoice doesn't carry all the MTV channels like Dance.
    VMX is useless to me. I Dj and produce drum and bass and breakbeat music for a living. I guess you could say I'm an 'underground musician', and from what I've seen of VMX and all the on demand music channels its a very rnb/mainstream thing.

So yeah, theres nothing for me on there! Watching music videos on demand seems weird, I like it when I don't know what video is going to be on next.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Stick VMX:Urban on Random and away you go - who knows what might be next.

Still might not be underground enough for you - but then to be honest, I cant believe MTV is for someone like yourself.
  • NikhilNikhil Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elhornet wrote:
    I watch MTV for its non musical content yes. The only thing that annoys me is that Homechoice doesn't carry all the MTV channels like Dance.
    VMX is useless to me. I Dj and produce drum and bass and breakbeat music for a living. I guess you could say I'm an 'underground musician', and from what I've seen of VMX and all the on demand music channels its a very rnb/mainstream thing.

So yeah, theres nothing for me on there! Watching music videos on demand seems weird, I like it when I don't know what video is going to be on next.

I'd like to see the other MTV channels on there too, especially since they are on cable!! Though only about 20% of MTV Dances music videos are actually dance, and they are usually thru the night or on DFC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elhornet wrote:
    Watching music videos on demand seems weird, I like it when I don't know what video is going to be on next.

You can just watch one of the themed channels, or get it to play a random selections - that way you don't know what's coming next.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elhornet wrote:
    Watching music videos on demand seems weird, I like it when I don't know what video is going to be on next.

You can just watch one of the themed channels, or get it to play a random selections - that way you don't know what's coming next.

I'd agree that V:MX is very mainstream, though fortunately it's easy to skip the R'n'B. And of course V:MX Dance is really just mainstream, chart type dance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Kano, Mitchell Borthers, Roll Deep, Ronny Size - there is a fair amount of new, alternative and yes, even drum and bass, if you look.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    What sort of stuff is on VMX Retro? I'm presuming older tracks? Examples?

HC being installed on Friday, with the music pack so looking forward to my video IPOD-TV! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    yea right

johnny.