The Ratings Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    A couple more before I go to bed:

Channel 4 (exc / inc +1)
    09:30-12:00 - Sunday Brunch: 669k (8.3%) / 749k (9.3%)
    16:20 - Time Team: 923k (6.0%) / 1.04m (6.8%)

If anyone has any particular requests, let me know and I'll have a look tomorrow night.
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Almost forgot - how is Got to Dance doing for it's live editions on Sky1?

The second live semi-final last night on Sky 1 achieved 702k (3.1%) inc +1, similar to last week's overnight of 719k (2.9%), which consolidated to 907k (3.6%).
  • rr22rr22 Posts: 7,618
    Forum Member
    Deleted
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    NeilVW wrote: »

Channel 4 (exc / inc +1)
    Still going well. And upped to 2.5hrs now I see, good news for that all important audience share on Sundays.
    16:20 - Time Team: 923k (6.0%) / 1.04m (6.8%)
    As is this, really. Above the channel average in a crappy slot. Shouldn't have been axed.
    Forum Member
    Think id go for a sunday refresh

6.30pm countryfile
    7.30pm doctor who series 7b
    8.15pm the voice results
    8.35pm bbc news
    9.00pm shetland/white queen
    10.00pm not going out/ heading out/ sarah millican/ graham norton
  • BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 23,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Channel 4 (exc / inc +1)
    Anyone know what the Hollyoaks omnibus was getting a year or so ago, and indeed what it's getting now on E4 where it does now at last seem to have moved to a more student friendly slot of around 10.15am each week.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC One now running 5 minutes earlier than billed.

I hope we get ratings for all the many programmes that aired between 6am & 9:15pm and at 6:30pm today tomorrow.

06:00 BBC News with Gavin Grey
    06:30 Bargain Hunt
    07:00 BBC News with Gavin Grey
    07:30 Escape to the Country
    08:00 BBC News with Gavin Grey
    08:30 Heir Hunters
    09:15 As Billed
    13:00 BBC News with Gavin Grey; Regional News
    13:35 Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers
    13:45 As Billed
    18:00 BBC News with Chris Rogers; Regional News
    18:30 Fake Britain
    19:00 As Billed
    22:00 BBC News with Chris Rogers; Regional News
    22:30 Being Eileen
    Forum Member
    Saturdays put some drama into the schedule as so much is produced right now

6.00pm I love my country
    6.45pm the voice
    8.00pm the national lottery draws
    8.10pm case histories
    9.10pm casualty (30 mins twice weekly self contained episodes fri and sat soap axe holby and put all resources into sharpening up casualty or visa versa with holby)
    9.40pm bbc news
    10.00 pm match of the day
    11.00pm the white queen/shetland rpt
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first battle round last night (which saw Kian put through a pregnant gypsy) scored 743k and 44%. The highest rating so far this series and the highest rating on Irish tv over the past week.

EastEnders airs it's misplaced Comic Relief episode Wednesday 6th March. I assume it'll be at 8/8:30, preferably 8:30 providing a good lead in to the penultimate Mayday which will face Lighfields. But with most programmes starting at 8pm, EE would be likely to rate poorly in that slot unless they aired Mayday at 8:30 and a comedy rpt. after it.

PS Thanks for the ratings Neil:)
  • NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    Andy23 wrote: »

I hope we get ratings for all the many programmes that aired between 6am & 9:15pm and at 6:30pm today .

We definitely will. :) It will be interesting to see what kind of uplift ITV gets in those slots as well.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    The first battle round last night (which saw Kian put through a pregnant gypsy) scored 743k and 44%. The highest rating so far this series and the highest rating on Irish tv over the past week.

EastEnders airs it's misplaced Comic Relief episode Wednesday 6th March. I assume it'll be at 8/8:30, preferably 8:30 providing a good lead in to the penultimate Mayday which will face Lighfields. But with most programmes starting at 8pm, EE would be likely to rate poorly in that slot. Unless they aired Mayday at 8:30 and aired a comedy rpt. after it.

PS Thanks for the ratings Neil:)

I was only thinking today that the BBC should think about moving the Friday EastEnders to Wednesday 8pm and boost the night. Friday's would be a bit bare but they could always put the Wednesday schedule there instead.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We definitely will. :) It will be interesting to see what kind of uplift ITV gets in those slots as well.

There should be an uplift at 6:30 but any uplift for Daybreak will be offset by a downlift due to it being half term. No doubt BBC1's schedule will still be way out in the lead.
  • mrstreetcredmrstreetcred Posts: 6,637
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    I was only thinking today that the BBC should think about moving the Friday EastEnders to Wednesday 8pm and boost the night. Friday's would be a bit bare but they could always put the Wednesday schedule there instead.

I agree, in fact I would make Friday a totally flexible night, removing the one show from the schedule aswelly. At the moment the one show is weakest on fridays(and most likely always has and always will be) Eastenders is also less popular.It would give BBC1 a night to show film premieres, or air longer dramas. Launch strictly, test out comedies.

I know the argument would be that shows would get lost without structure, but there would be structure, but a changing structure, like saturdays, and maybe eventually fridays will have structure, just different to the rest of the week.
  • Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a look at the BARB Top 30s for w/e 10th Feb. Dallas scored 1.22 million (against 1.24 million the week before) making it the 7th most watched show on Channel 5 that week. The decision to move it to a later slot seems even more bizarre, its clear the show has a huge timeshift audience.
  • Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eterry21 wrote: »
    Those figures for Person Of Interest look stronger than I thought which is good.

Dallas seems to timeshift well. Still feel Dallas should be put on 5*, perhaps after American Idol on a Friday (American Idol I'm sure shows from 8pm - 9pm, which would lead Dallas to follow from 9pm - 10pm).

Its 2 weeks on the trot that Dallas time shifted 500,000 viewers and the final figures are just 20,000 down on the season premiere. Its the 7th most watched show on the network FFS and they just dumped it in a graveyard slot.

Clearly Dallas has a loyal audience, but not one that's willing to watch it live. It might have done better on the Beeb without the seemingly never ending adverts.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    Phil 2804 wrote: »
    Its 2 weeks on the trot that Dallas time shifted 500,000 viewers and the final figures are just 20,000 down on the season premiere. Its the 7th most watched show on the network FFS and they just dumped it in a graveyard slot.

Clearly Dallas has a loyal audience, but not one that's willing to watch it live. It might have done better on the Beeb without the seemingly never ending adverts.
    Everything does better on the Beeb due to no adverts, why is this news to you? It would have been no more likely to be a hit, as the Beeb would have had higher expectations.

Big timeshifts are all well and good if there's a decent core audience there watching on broadcast. In Dallas' case there wasn't. And when you're a commercial network looking to sell adverting spots, that is very bad. Audience trends both here and elsewhere suggested it was only going one way.
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    I agree, in fact I would make Friday a totally flexible night, removing the one show from the schedule aswelly. At the moment the one show is weakest on fridays(and most likely always has and always will be) Eastenders is also less popular.It would give BBC1 a night to show film premieres, or air longer dramas. Launch strictly, test out comedies.

I know the argument would be that shows would get lost without structure, but there would be structure, but a changing structure, like saturdays, and maybe eventually fridays will have structure, just different to the rest of the week.

Can I ask where are you getting all this ££ for this?? Fantasy land is great.

Film premieres- apart from animations can you tell me what major film premieres the BBC have rights to? Are Sky/ITV/C4/C5 going to gift them their rights?
    BTW moving drama money to Fridays? What are you going to commission to replace it from Sunday to Tuesday in the schedules. Extended Countryfile.:rolleyes:
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Everything does better on the Beeb due to no adverts, why is this news to you? It would have been no more likely to be a hit, as the Beeb would have had higher expectations.

Big timeshifts are all well and good if there's a decent core audience there watching on broadcast. In Dallas' case there wasn't. And when you're a commercial network looking to sell adverting spots, that is very bad. Audience trends both here and elsewhere suggested it was only going one way.

The timeshift does suggest that maybe Channel 5 should have tried Dallas at 10pm rather than immediately shifting it to the graveyard slot. I can understand that they couldn't afford to have it hurting the 9pm slot but I can't see why they wanted to move it so late so soon, as it were. :o
  • mrstreetcredmrstreetcred Posts: 6,637
    Forum Member
    jake lyle wrote: »
    Can I ask where are you getting all this ££ for this?? Fantasy land is great.

Film premieres- apart from animations can you tell me what major film premieres the BBC have rights to? Are Sky/ITV/C4/C5 going to gift them their rights?
    BTW moving drama money to Fridays? What are you going to commission to replace it from Sunday to Tuesday in the schedules. Extended Countryfile.:rolleyes:

Yeah I realise I'm living in a dream world, I was just getting a bit carried away...would be nice though
  • Gutted GirlGutted Girl Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There should be an uplift at 6:30 but any uplift for Daybreak will be offset by a downlift due to it being half term. No doubt BBC1's schedule will still be way out in the lead.

It's not half-term everywhere. Where I live it was half-term last week.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen a BARB Top 50 for 2012 ? I have them for 2011 and 2010 which I think I got from the Broadcast web site but haven't seen one for 2012.
  • JetsonJetson Posts: 13,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I realise I'm living in a dream world, I was just getting a bit carried away...would be nice though
    Same with me, it's my idea, of course they wouldn't do it... :p

I do think the network should unify all news output into one programme, and I also think regional news should be integrated into the main show.

I think Daybreak needs to go, and ITN could produce a better breakfast show in a news channel format.

And I think the soaps must return to Sunday night. Sunday is a night where viewers expect Corrie, Downton etc, lets face it, XF results need to be put back on Saturday, as does DOI full stop.

I've said this for years but undoing Simon Shaps's schedule revamp has got to be one of the biggest pieces of sh!t a network has ever had to get out of.

The schedule was just ideas, which I believe in, though it's typical some (not all) of the criticism has been rude! ;) Instead of slagging it/me off why don't we have a discussion about things ITV CAN do to fix its schedule.

And saying "drop episodes of soap" "put on quality programmes" is in MY opinion a waste of discussion! :p

I'm talking where things could be moved to strengthen the schedule overall and through the day, and opening up logical slots for NEW shows. Under my plans there are openings at:

Weds 8pm hour
    Thursday 8pm hour

Friday 8.30pm slot

For new shows. I'd aim for a mix of drama and comedy in these slots, all free of EastEnders clashes.

Problem areas are soap scheduling and breakfast.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I doubt BBC Breakfast will suffer very much as they provided a solid half-hour of news at 6,7 and 8 which is what viewers turn to the BBC for in the mornings.
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James J wrote: »
    I think Daybreak needs to go, and ITN could produce a better breakfast show in a news channel format.

ITN already produce the news for Daybreak. I'm not sure moving the readers a mile and a half up the road from the South Bank to Grays Inn Road is going to solve their problems. Problem with breakfast seems to be the fragmentation of the commercial audience across multiple channels. Cant see it all coming back.
  • Steve WilliamsSteve Williams Posts: 11,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Everything does better on the Beeb due to no adverts, why is this news to you?

Tht right at all. How come ITV2 beats BBC3 if that's the case? How come up until last year The X Factor beat Strictly head to head? How come ITV wins any slot at all?
  • ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hope we get ratings for all the many programmes that aired between 6am & 9:15pm and at 6:30pm today tomorrow.

06:00 BBC News with Gavin Grey
    06:30 Bargain Hunt
    07:00 BBC News with Gavin Grey
    07:30 Escape to the Country
    08:00 BBC News with Gavin Grey
    08:30 Heir Hunters

With 1.5 million unhappy Breakfast viewers not getting their programme, Daybreak should surely see an uplift of at least half that. So I think they'd be disappointed if its not up to at least 1.5m.

I'd imagine the BBC News bulletin at 8am and Heir Hunters will scrape 1m, but everything else well below. Should be a rare morning victory for ITV!
This discussion has been closed.