Options

UKTV Drama to launch - July 8th

Comments

• Options
    kevkev Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deznottsuk wrote: »
    Why do we need to show the same shows every day? I for one don't have time to sit down for eg. to watch The Bill or record it every single day due to my busy working lifestyle!. My hard drive would soon become full .Once or twice a week would surely be enough and this way would allow more choice of programming....What is everyone else's thoughts? Other channels are guilty of this! I can't remember the last time I sat and watched Emmerdale because of this on ITV.. it gets to the point that I have too many to catch up on and in the end stop watching and wipe them from my hard drive.

I remember reading something not long ago that they do this because people get board and give up - where as if it's on every day they watch it. fine for those home all day but as you say it quickly builds up for the rest of us!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    So now that the Catherine Cookson series has been shown to death on Yesterday, they are now going to show them to death on Drama!

Would be good if Yesterday started showing more history programmes and knocked the light dramas and sit-coms on the head.

It appears they also showing comedy programmes like last of the summer wine and birds of a feather, that also shown on gold.
  • Options
    jj20xjj20x Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unknown17 wrote: »
    This channel is awful. Full of stereotypical British period dramas and granny sitcoms. How boring.

It's certainly not E4, VIVA or 4Music.. but, then again, we already have those.
  • Options
    jj20xjj20x Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deznottsuk wrote: »
    Why do we need to show the same shows every day?/QUOTE]

It's a UKTV thing, even on the pay channels. Why would they provide a larger amount of programming on something they created as an FTA channel?
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    It appears they also showing comedy programmes like last of the summer wine and birds of a feather, that also shown on gold.

That is not shown on any other UKTV channel.
  • Options
    Freeview_ViewerFreeview_Viewer Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else having problems recording this channel on a Talk Talk Youview box?
  • Options
    SpotSpot Posts: 25,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This channel is awful. Full of stereotypical British period dramas and granny sitcoms. How boring.

It sees itself as a rival to ITV3, which you would presumably describe in a similar way but which is one of Freeviews more successful channels, so maybe it's just that there are a lot of people who enjoy things which you don't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Anyone else having problems recording this channel on a Talk Talk Youview box?

Yes its been discussed in the online entertainment forum, its only TalkTalk Youview boxes that have the problem.
  • Options
    kasgkasg Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let me take a wild guess that you are not in the channel's target demographic. :)
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picture quality also shite :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sexbomb wrote: »

The channel is FREE.
  • Options
    kasgkasg Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks no worse than all the other non-PSB channels to me. What were you expecting?
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least their DOG is tucked right up in the corner for 4:3 and 16:9 programming. Sadly, the other UKTV channels DOG's are not so well positioned.
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to freeview
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member

Nobody forcing you to watch it and plenty people happy to watch it..
  • Options
    ddukdduk Posts: 4,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's going on with this channel? I turned on about just over an hour ago, and it was supposed to be Taggart. But instead it was some stupid programme about World Records, which they cut off before the end to put Call The Midwife on at 10pm. That was my first proper look at the channel, and it certainly didn't strike me as a channel being run by UKTV, looked more like it was being run by amateurs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dduk wrote: »
    What's going on with this channel? I turned on about just over an hour ago, and it was supposed to be Taggart. But instead it was some stupid programme about World Records, which they cut off before the end to put Call The Midwife on at 10pm. That was my first proper look at the channel, and it certainly didn't strike me as a channel being run by UKTV, looked more like it was being run by amateurs.

I noticed that as-well it was some type of error but at 9.20pm it was showing Taggart. It was some guy on a pogo stick going up steps in a tall building too the top.
  • Options
    RadiodjmusicRadiodjmusic Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    I can't get any programme info on the menu for this channel...anyone else having the same problem...i have bt vison freeview and have tried scans 3/4 times
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Summerwine isnt a drama!
  • Options
    BizmanBizman Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There speaks someone too young to have watched 405-line analogue TV on a 6" green monochrome screen!
  • Options
    chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    Summerwine isnt a drama!

Three old people careering downhill in a runaway bath? How much more drama do you want?!
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another channel of crappy old repeats. Whoopee.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went round to my mum's to do yet another freeview retune for her so she could get this channel.

Then all I got was her tutting and moaning at all the long ad breaks during Call the Midwife. Oh well. :p
  • Options
    kevkev Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    Went round to my mum's to do yet another freeview retune for her so she could get this channel.

Then all I got was her tutting and moaning at all the long ad breaks during Call the Midwife. Oh well. :p

PVR (or even better a Media Centre with auto recording capacilities) - skip all the darn adds (an annoyingly they are copying abc1's stupid two ad breaks in a 30 minute show).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kev wrote: »
    PVR (or even better a Media Centre with auto recording capacilities) - skip all the darn adds (an annoyingly they are copying abc1's stupid two ad breaks in a 30 minute show).
    She already has a Freesat PVR because there are certain channels on satellite that she likes to watch and record which are not available on freeview.

The freeview is just from the tv's built in tuner, and she certainly wont fork out for another PVR just to record the odd programme on the Drama channel.