Should friends provide sandwiches if you visit between the hours of 12 to 1 ?

13»

Comments

• Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rufusrain wrote: »
    I personally think it should be standard practise but often I find it's not. Just a shabby oversight if you ask me and I find friendship is short lived after as who would put hunger before friendship? Not me as it's core bodily requirement.

Take some sandwiches with you OP, why should your one and only friend have to feed you.

Would you feed a friend if they came round.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    tea and biscuits sounds nice :D
  • Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    tea and biscuits sounds nice :D

Yes, I usually offer tea and biscuits :D
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    I expect nothing less than a three-course meal.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Same here and if they didn't open a bottle of champers as well I'd cross them off my list of friends :D
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    haphash wrote: »
    Same here and if they didn't open a bottle of champers as well I'd cross them off my list of friends :D

Coffee and liqueurs for afters as well, obviously.
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd expect a takeaway curry
  • ZipMasonZipMason Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    No - they should be a little more original by offering cream crackers instead.
  • Random42Random42 Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZipMason wrote: »
    No - they should be a little more original by offering cream crackers instead.

Crackers ?! You're steering into some controversial waters there :o
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    It depends if it was actually stated as a Lunch date or whether I was just popping round for a chat.
  • ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course.

Salmon sandwiches.
    Cheese and pineapple on sticks.
    Bucks fizz.

Got to be done :D
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I think it depends on if they are eating but generally no.

Best time ive heard of was when oh bought something on ebay that was collection only amd arranged with the bloke to collect it one saturday morning. Had to be before 9 because the family were going out so oh left at about 6 so he could get there early. He had never met the people before but because they were having breakfast they insisted he joined them so he ended up having sausage and bacon butties :D

Maybe the op should befriend people like that?

For me i wouldnt visit someone at that time if i knew thats when they ate. Likewise i dont have lunch at that time so i wouldnt think to offer someone a sandwich if they came round that time. Even if i was hungry i would probably just wait until they were gone.
  • SemillionSemillion Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like people 'popping in' and I don't 'pop round' to anyone's home without first calling them to check if it is convenient.

Those who do invade my privacy unannounced though will be offered a cuppa and cake or bikkies as I usually have them on hand. But please people, when you are asked 'would you like a tea or coffee?' do not reply with that standard 'Oh, only if you're having one...' - you know you'd like one and you know I was not enroute to the kettle when you rattled on my door expecting to be allowed in. Just say 'Yes, that's why I'm here!'

Those who are here at my invitation, however, get very well fed and watered :)
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semillion wrote: »
    I don't like people 'popping in' and I don't 'pop round' to anyone's home without first calling them to check if it is convenient.

Correct, that's how I operate too. Unless it's an absolute emergency then let me know at least a day in advance you're coming then I can let you know if I'll be in.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could tell this was a rufusrain thread before i even entered it.

more unimportant trifling puerile drivel from thr forums current annoying itch!
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rufusrain wrote: »
    Probably about how great the sandwiches I serve are between the hours of 12 and 1.

yeah, that must be it!