The Emmerdale Discussion Thread (Spoilers in tags — Part 14)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    It's Robbie.
    So that's the reason why Finn and him didn't get together becuase they were killing him off
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    So that's the reason why Finn and him didn't get together becuase they were killing him off

I was thinking the same.
    Maybe explains why that friendship storyline came to such a sudden end. Tho' it would have been better to keep them as mates, so Finn could actually give a toss when he goes! :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking the same.
    Maybe explains why that friendship storyline came to such a sudden end. Tho' it would have been better to keep them as mates, so Finn could actually give a toss when he goes! :cry:
    I know such a shame becuase I actually liked Finn with Robbie, pity they have gone down that route.
    Forum Member
    I know such a shame becuase I actually liked Finn with Robbie, pity they have gone down that route.
    I'm guessing Jamie Shelton must have asked to leave, though. They obviously had plans for Robbie.

Aw man, I will miss him. :(
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why, Oh why, couldn't it have been Jai.. or Ali.. or Ruby.. or Maurel.. or James.. they provide no entertainment on screen nor on the daily :(

Why reveal it before hand at all, they didn't need to idiots.
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I think it's a shame they've given it away now, so close to the event on Thursday, after successfully keeping it quiet for so long. Would've been a great surprise for the majority who didn't know.

Couldn't put it better myself and indeed didn't.
  • jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if there will a new character soon as Finn has to get a bit of action. I am sure Aaron can stay a monk. I know that it shouldnt all be about relationships & sex, but Aaron & finn are not going to get together again and now that Robbie is going!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jude007 wrote: »
    I wonder if there will a new character soon as Finn has to get a bit of action. I am sure Aaron can stay a monk. I know that it shouldnt all be about relationships & sex, but Aaron & finn are not going to get together again and now that Robbie is going!!
    I always thought Finn needed a proper man not somebody like Aaron
  • Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,737
    Forum Member
    I think it's a shame they've given it away now, so close to the event on Thursday, after successfully keeping it quiet for so long. Would've been a great surprise for the majority who didn't know.

Agree with this - I clicked the spoiler (just can't help myself) but I do think they could have held out for a bit longer and been a bit less specific so we still wouldn't have known.

Throws up all sorts of interesting possibilities for the future though...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing Jamie Shelton must have asked to leave, though. They obviously had plans for Robbie.

Aw man, I will miss him. :(
    The thing is somebody was always going to die, i don't understand why him and not Declan. I don't think he asked to quit but maybe Declan was going to die and they changed there mind and changed it to Robbie instead.
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree onj - there's only 3 more eps to go - it just seems a bit careless that given out a teaser for the weeks ahead which gives away the answer. :(

However
    I wouldn't be surprised if we'll see the last of Declan this week too.
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I just say
    Poor Megan :(:cry:
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with this - I clicked the spoiler (just can't help myself) but I do think they could have held out for a bit longer and been a bit less specific so we still wouldn't have known.

It does, and I'm really looking forward to the repercussions, but I'm seriously FEWMIN' that they couldn't hold out with the news for just 2 more days, after keeping it quiet for so long. Idiots! >:(>:(

(And yes, I realise that we don't have to read spoilers, but the fact is that most of us just can't resist it, even if it spoils our future enjoyment.:( It's like when you were a kid and just couldn't help searching the bottom of your dad's wardrobe to try and see what your Christmas presents were, and were subsequently gutted on Christmas morning when it wasn't a surprise). :(:(:blush:
    Forum Member
    It does, and I'm really looking forward to the repercussions, but I'm seriously FEWMIN' that they couldn't hold out with the news for just 2 more days, after keeping it quiet for so long. Idiots! >:(>:(

(And yes, I realise that we don't have to read spoilers, but the fact is that most of us just can't resist it, even if it spoils our future enjoyment.:( It's like when you were a kid and just couldn't help searching the bottom of your dad's wardrobe to try and see what your Christmas presents were, and were subsequently gutted on Christmas morning when it wasn't a surprise). :(:(:blush:

And even more so, when it wasn't for you in the first place and you ended up with something entirely different:o

Yes - I just wish they could have held out for those final couple of days, but actually this result I think gives more potential for the future than some of the others which had been being assumed.
    Forum Member
    I agree onj - there's only 3 more eps to go - it just seems a bit careless that given out a teaser for the weeks ahead which gives away the answer. :(

However

That's an interesting thought Sheepie...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And even more so, when it wasn't for you in the first place and you ended up with something entirely different:o

Yes - I just wish they could have held out for those final couple of days, but actually this result I think gives more potential for the future than some of the others which had been being assumed.
    Ouch! :D:D:D My biggest 'oh sh*t nooooo' moment came when the amazing she-of-the-hair-that-grows Tressy doll that I had begged for forever turned out to be some cheap version, generically called 'Teenage Doll'.:cry: Boy, did I make that doll suffer! :D:D:o
    Forum Member
    The thing is somebody was always going to die, i don't understand why him and not Declan. I don't think he asked to quit but maybe Declan was going to die and they changed there mind and changed it to Robbie instead.
    You don't think Declan might die later? Because I do. That, or jail.

However
    I'd put money on Declan popping up again in October to finish the job. He'll be presumed dead or something, or missing, then turn up and go biblical on everyone's ass, like Cameron did when he broke jail.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't think Declan might die later? Because I do. That, or jail.
    I do think Declan will leave either killed off or jailed I don't understand why Robbie as well. It's like the whole Finn and Robbie storyline just ended really quickly like they they changed the storyline half way through.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly can't see
    Declan
    going anywhere, unless it's on a month or two break.

Which would make sense, leaving the way clear for a massive Xmas reveal of ALL. :o:o
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly can't see
    Declan

Which would make sense, leaving the way clear for a massive Xmas reveal of ALL. :o:o

Well, we also have
    the stuff about Charity being frightened.
    Much has been signposted recently about what Declan would do to her if he ever found out and of him being a psychopath - so I'm guessing he does a runner or is missing presumed dead, leaving Charity frightened for her life because she does not know what became of him. Undoubedtly Robbie's death will have been an accident (or her fault) stoking her fears that Declan will be out for revenge.

As you say - it could all be held back for a while before he reappears - but if that is the case then Kate Oates will have made it too similar to the Cameron storyline!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly can't see
    Declan

Declan teaming up with Megan to get revenge on Charity maybe
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, we also have
    Much has been signposted recently about what Declan would do to her if he ever found out and of him being a psychopath - so I'm guessing he does a runner or is missing presumed dead, leaving Charity frightened for her life because she does not know what became of him. Undoubedtly Robbie's death will have been an accident (or her fault) stoking her fears that Declan will be out for revenge.

As you say - it could all be held back for a while before he reappears - but if that is the case then Kate Oates will have made it too similar to the Cameron storyline!
    Yes, all that you've said in your spoiler is exactly what I'm hoping for. Let the bitch sweat! :D:D
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It does indeed. Like I said in a post much further up the thread: It'll be like
    Alexis and Krystle in Dynasty only Yorkshire style! :o:D I can't even imagine the bad feeling that's going to be between Megan and Charity (particularly on Megan's part), even if Charity wasn't directly responsible Megan is going to blame her. It's going to go beyond loathing now ....

Totally agree. What a bloody shame.
    jude007 wrote: »
    I know that I might be on my own, but I actually don't mind James now. Since they have seemly resolved the "who's the daddy" storyline, I think he has fitted in better.

Now if it was marlon I would be all for it, cause what a pain in the ass he is. Really wanted Doug to thump him one about the way he is going on about him staying with them. Also what was Diane going on about how brave he was in the siege, he was unconscious for most it.

Also why is Ross away for two months, but Marlon and his shrill only disappeared for a week!!! Should have been the other way around.

Love this, he was unconscious for most of it :D

I said in t'daileh that if I was Laurel Marlon would be getting a smack in the mush. He's not even being subtle about his dislike of Doug being there and there would be hell on if it was me, I thought Laurel was totally right to bring up April. When you marry you take on all their baggage as well and sometimes that baggage comes to stay for a while. He's a bloody numpty >:( Are we also supposed to believe that he's so horny for Laurel now? Sod off ED, for weeks he was ignoring her and practically jacking off at his ex-wives grave!! *roll eyes* Pathetic.
    Well, we also have

That sounds absolutely fantastic though, love the thought of her being
    psychologically tortured like this :cool: What better revenge? Undoubtedly similar to Cameron's storyline but I doubt when Declan comes back it's so extreme. I bloody love the sound of it!
  • star89star89 Posts: 24,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Press centre have obviously been told off as they have removed the spoilers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Press centre have obviously been told off as they have removed the spoilers.

Well it's a major cock up and to think we would have all been shocked but now we won't thanks to them >:(
This discussion has been closed.