Danyl - Absolutely dreadful

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like him, I do think he is cocky. But the over hype comes from Xfactor itself not him. I don't think he should win but that's because I believe there are better singers (Stacey, Lucie, Rachel, Jamie and Miss Frank).

He isn't dreadful just not my cup of tea.

Thank you! I dont agree totally because I am a fan of Danyl's but your comment is fair, and I havent seen many of them!
  • lovelylissalovelylissa Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wolfpaw wrote: »
    He was the best of the lot tonight. Sorry but it's a fact.
    Get your ears cleaned. He was amazing. FACT

These are all your opinions, not fact. FACT

:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Ricky sing ''Back to Black'? Wasn't it sung by Amy Whitehouse? Throughout the history of pop music people have sung songs originally sung by the opposite sex. i don't get all this.

Yes I know but some songs are strictly to be sung by one sex. 'I Am Telling You' is one of them, similar to 'I Will Survive' - it doesn't work if sung by a man. It just sounds camp IMO.

Interestingly, Ricky didn't change the sex in the lyrics to Back to Black
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't impressed with any of them tonight but without doubt (FACT)lol the two most over-hyped and disappointing were Jamie and Danyl

Hystrionics and shouting don't mean they have any great talent
  • wolfpawwolfpaw Posts: 10,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he's too arrogant and thinks he's won already!!!!

And upon what scanty evidence is this opinion formed?

• Acid RocksAcid Rocks Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    I don't like this guy. He acts like he's all humble and nice but when he's on stage he's got a right cocky attitude. Wish I could put my finger on it but something about him I really don't like at all and I don't think he's that great a singer. The judges think he's good but I dont see it.
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Impressions are often formed from expectations being surpassed or dashed. For me, Stacey, Lloyd and Joe pleasantly exceeded my expectations, Lucie and Danyl fell short. It doesn't mean they were bad, just that my first impressions of them suggested they would be much better when they got on the big stage.

Danyl cannot stand up to all the ridiculous hype - he's an ok singer but he has irritating mannerisms and he still has to sing a good and appropriate song, which IMO he did not do last night, I've heard it sung much more passionately and with better vocals by everyone else I've heard sing it, including that little boy on BGT.

Time and time again the underdog wins the series because the audience thinks the hyped one has it in the bag and doesn't think they need to vote, and because we also don't like to support obvious winners but like to give someone a chance who won't defnitely get a contract anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never liked Danyl and my dislike of him has grown as time has gone on. By the time it got to the judges houses week I couldn't even bear to watch him with his face pulling and over performing but I have to admit that he was by far the best performer of the night last night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    pharoah wrote: »
    Yes I know but some songs are strictly to be sung by one sex. 'I Am Telling You' is one of them, similar to 'I Will Survive' - it doesn't work if sung by a man. It just sounds camp IMO.

Interestingly, Ricky didn't change the sex in the lyrics to Back to Black[/QUOTE]

Yes he did !!

I thought Danyl was great btw - fantastic vocals (unlike most who sang last night) and superb interpratation.

I just don't get the "some songs are meant to be sung by a woman" brigade at all. It either works or it doesn't - and IMO it did.
    Forum Member
    Acid Rocks wrote: »
    I don't like this guy. He acts like he's all humble and nice but when he's on stage he's got a right cocky attitude. Wish I could put my finger on it but something about him I really don't like at all and I don't think he's that great a singer. The judges think he's good but I dont see it.

Suerely that's what "performing" is?????
  • wolfpawwolfpaw Posts: 10,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He acts like he's all humble and nice but when he's on stage he's got a right cocky attitude.

Hmm, it's called 'performing' :rolleyes: Would you prefer a contestant who just stood there quaking in their boots? Honestly, some of the things I read on this forum are just staggering :confused:
    Forum Member
    Magic Girl wrote: »
    Suerely that's what "performing" is?????

A cocky attitude doesn't make a performer, or a performance. They have to have a likeablity factor.

Maybe you like cocky arrogant gits performing. I don't. I prefer people that I enjoy watching them perform. People that I can warm to I don't enjoy this guy since he comes across insincere and arrogant.
    Forum Member
    wolfpaw wrote: »
    Hmm, it's called 'performing' :rolleyes: Would you prefer a contestant who just stood there quaking in their boots? Honestly, some of the things I read on this forum are just staggering :confused:

You call it performing. I call it insincere and not believable. That's the way it goes.
  • KMXKMX Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else notice how Simon acted through the performance, it was so embarrassing - anyone would have thought Danyl was his son.

He acknowledged the audience cheer with a smug grin, punched the air at the end of his performance, clapped him before he'd even started the big end note and then cheered at him through his hands while Louis was talking, it's more obvious than ever who he wants to win.
    Forum Member
    A cocky attitude doesn't make a performer, or a performance. They have to have a likeablity factor.

Maybe you like cocky arrogant gits performing. I don't. I prefer people that I enjoy watching them perform. People that I can warm to I don't enjoy this guy since he comes across insincere and arrogant.

Are you talking about Robbie Williams or Danyl???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    I thought overall the song was sang the most 'bland' I have ever heard it. The only saving grace was the last few seconds and the long note he managed to keep...
  • cloverclover Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Completely disagree with that. I hate this song when it's sung like that woman with the big hair (the one whose dad had died) did in a previous round. It's just like being shouted at, like this review says. Danyl gave it a really nice interpretation, I thought.
    Forum Member

The thread title might be a big enough clue for you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member

lol I was thinking the exact same thing- if anybody is a 'cocky' performer it is Robbie Williams!
  • Nick_DKNick_DK Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I with Simon on this I don't get it what was cocky about it he just stood there then walked around abit you call that cocky.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry but that song is supposed to be sung by a woman ONLY. Not just a woman though but a diva who's been betrayed and is angry not some smug over-rated nonenitity. He also put no emotion into the song and sung it so understated for 3/4 of it. It's not supposed to be undertstated!!!

As for Cowell bigging up his performance. He is the king of bigging up his own acts.

sSorry but Danyl was dreadful. Get him off.

Was was you listening to?!?!! It wasn't the same thing as everyone else thats for sure.
    Forum Member
    kezzyg wrote: »
    lol I was thinking the exact same thing- if anybody is a 'cocky' performer it is Robbie Williams!

:yawn:

Now let me have a think here. Who is a multi millionaire with massive sales worldwide? Who is auditioning nobody, and a contestant on X Factor?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Where is he cocky? Where is he arrogant? He is not these things simply because that little jerk Louis Walsh says he is. I've seen every show this season and I've yet to discern these much bandied-about mannerisms you cite.

He has a patina of confidence, to be sure; one I suspect masks a certain lack of self confidence. But, really, it strikes me one or two people on here need to go and check up the definition of "arrogance".

I suspect the real problem is that he is clearly very, very good at what he does. That alone is enough to condemn him in the eyes of some. What a mean-spirited, envious and petty little country we've become.
  • Nick_DKNick_DK Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DB5 wrote: »
    Where is he cocky? Where is he arrogant? He is not these things simply because that little jerk Louis Walsh says he is. I've seen every show this season and I've yet to discern these much bandied-about mannerisms you cite.

See I don't think it was Louis it was started after his first audition just this arrogant stuff then people ran with it he can't even just stand there and sing without people saying he was cocky. The arrogant/cocky stuff I will never get.
    Forum Member
    DB5 wrote: »

He has a patina of confidence, to be sure; one I suspect masks a certain lack of self confidence. But, really, it strikes me one or two people on here need to go and check up the definition of "arrogance".

I suspect the real problem is that he is clearly very, very good at what he does. That alone is enough to condemn him in the eyes of some. What a mean-spirited, envious and petty little country we've become.

I say he is these things not because someone else says it, but because it is the way I see him.
    Mean spirited, envious (?) and petty because I don't think the same way as you. FFS, talk about an OTT reaction coz I don't think the same as you.