Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    fi_onafi_ona Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »
    So how many Corrie characters have now returned from abroad after a short period of time with a boyfriend/fiance in tow. Smacks of rehashing old storylines AGAIN!.

This would have been more believable if Eric had been introduced as Roys long lost father. Cant believe how much Timothy West looks like an older version of him!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Owen says Tim is going to be working round the corner..........are all Jason's labouring jobs just areound the corner. Oh yes, I forgot, they can't go any further than Rosamund Street. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And just what legal claim does Gail have over Lewis' clothes? No more so than Beth, so why threaten her with the police?

And how do clothes that looked tailor made for lewis who was tiny all of a sudden look about five sizes to large on Kirk who is over six foot tall.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Surely if gail tells david about kylie cheating they are likely to split. If they do then kylie is entitled to half that house they supposedly bought so kylie and max would move out and the house would have to be sold (pretty sure david cant buy kylie out).

So all gail would achieve by forcing kylie to tell david is making them all homeless?
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Surely if gail tells david about kylie cheating they are likely to split. If they do then kylie is entitled to half that house they supposedly bought so kylie and max would move out and the house would have to be sold (pretty sure david cant buy kylie out).

So all gail would achieve by forcing kylie to tell david is making them all homeless?

Gail is such a hypocrite after all her shenanigans over the parentage of Sarah Lou
  • Options
    nicolab23nicolab23 Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    I know there had to be a way for Gail to find out that Kylie betrayed her, but are we meant to believe that Kylie writes international zeros? Don't know any school that teaches that.
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nicolab23 wrote: »
    I know there had to be a way for Gail to find out that Kylie betrayed her, but are we meant to believe that Kylie writes international zeros? Don't know any school that teaches that.

I thought Lewis had already accessed a copy of Gail's bank details in the bistro and it was just her password he needed?? :confused:
  • Options
    nicolab23nicolab23 Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    kiviraat wrote: »
    I thought Lewis had already accessed a copy of Gail's bank details in the bistro and it was just her password he needed?? :confused:

Bethany 2000 (euro style) was the password
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kiviraat wrote: »

Perhaps Kylie didn't know that. She might have thought Lewis needed both account number and password.
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Labourer wanted? I wonder who..............:rolleyes::rolleyes:

No discussion of what the pay is. No discussion of where Jason operates from (where?) and no discussion on working hours !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No discussion of what the pay is. No discussion of where Jason operates from (where?) and no discussion on working hours !

just stupid
  • Options
    Mart1n0940Mart1n0940 Posts: 364
    Forum Member

I write zeros like that because of my IT background. Not sure Kylie was ever a programmer though :)
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought jason had gone back to working for owen, given that he had no transport, tools, materials, premises or capital? Not to mention a complete lack of qualifications, apprenticeship or experience of anything other than labouring.

And why on earth should tim be living, by coincidence presumably, close enough to the street to make working from there practical?
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I though the way Kylie came running down the stairs with soaking wet hair was a bit naff, the same thing happened to me not so long back and there is no way my hair got that wet I can tell you.

I always run the shower and wait for the water to warm up.

Nor me!

But with such complicated SLs, Corrie have to make it absolutely clear that we will understand exactly what is happening. Here's their problem:

Boiler not working = cold water = cold shower.

∴ So that viewers will understand, Kylie must have wet hair when she runs down the stairs. It's so we can work it back:
    wet hair = cold Shower = cold water = boiler not working. Has everyone got that? :rolleyes:

Same with the writing. There had to be a distinctive digit, so that we could follow the SL. :rolleyes:

^^^
    That's why there aren't full explanations on some SLs and Corrie think they can get away with so many SORs!
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where the hell did Katie's mates spring from? We rarely see characters interact with friends who aren't regular characters.
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    If it was real would Peter and Carla really go to a restaurant where his ex wife and your bitter energy is the co-owner with her new husband.
  • Options
    OndineOndine Posts: 3,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    re the ever so tedious story line about Fay

Has Anna actually been to court to sign the papers relating to the adoption yet? If not then the local authority still is responsible for the child.

Anna adopted Faye last November. It was done off-screen and just got a mention from Anna. The writers probably realised that, if they'd tried to write the scene, they would have got all the technical details wrong so, for once, decided not to make fools of themselves. :D
  • Options
    FionnBFionnB Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    When was it explained that Kirk and Beth now live in Lewis's old flat?

Another thing - how are Katy, Chesney and co allowed to stay on in that house, no questions asked? That's a house that was provided by the council to the Battersbys. Surely when Fiz lived there with John Stape they were there illegally?
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    FionnB wrote: »
    When was it explained that Kirk and Beth now live in Lewis's old flat?

Another thing - how are Katy, Chesney and co allowed to stay on in that house, no questions asked? That's a house that was provided by the council to the Battersbys. Surely when Fiz lived there with John Stape they were there illegally?
    Normally there's only one "inheritance" of a council house. I suppose Les could have passed the lease to Fiz as Chesney's guardian IF he had accepted responsibility for Chesney as his son after he and Cilla married - I'll never forget the 666 kiss curls on her forehead for the wedding!

It's stretching it a bit though with:
    Les, Janice, Leanne and Toya
    Les, Cilla and Chesney
    Cilla and Chesney (with Les supposedly working away temporarily)
    Fiz and Chesney
    Fiz, John Stape and Chesney
    Chesney and Katy while Fiz was in jail
    Fiz, Hope, Chesney, Katy and Joseph

My, what a lot of occupants that house has seen in a short time.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Owen says Tim is going to be working round the corner..........are all Jason's labouring jobs just areound the corner. Oh yes, I forgot, they can't go any further than Rosamund Street. :rolleyes:

Or it seems anyone can just turn up in the street and get a job. I've been out of work for a few months now. Time to get on the 060 National Express over the Pennines and claim my work place,
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    Normally there's only one "inheritance" of a council house. I suppose Les could have passed the lease to Fiz as Chesney's guardian IF he had accepted responsibility for Chesney as his son after he and Cilla married - I'll never forget the 666 kiss curls on her forehead for the wedding!

It's stretching it a bit though with:
    Les, Janice, Leanne and Toya
    Les, Cilla and Chesney
    Cilla and Chesney (with Les supposedly working away temporarily)
    Fiz and Chesney
    Fiz, John Stape and Chesney
    Chesney and Katy while Fiz was in jail
    Fiz, Hope, Chesney, Katy and Joseph

My, what a lot of occupants that house has seen in a short time.

Didn't Les actually adopt Chesney? I'm trying to remember now. I thought he did but Bruce Jones left the programme not long after under a bit of a cloud.
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Les actually adopt Chesney? I'm trying to remember now. I thought he did but Bruce Jones left the programme not long after under a bit of a cloud.

I can't spot any reference to adoption here - but reading these histories reminds me how many of the Corrie stories are beyond ridiculous!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    I can't spot any reference to adoption here - but reading these histories reminds me how many of the Corrie stories are beyond ridiculous!

I'm pretty sure the subject was raised, but it might well never have happened. I've just spent a few minutes reading Chesney's history, all agog. Blimey, that's an action-packed and miserable life! It shows also that they can chop and change the characters at the drop of a hat. All the South Africa stuff I have never seen - was this on a DVD not the TV?

This also reminded me of quite how many Corrie characters have been to prison, mostly falsely accused, though not always. They must have more characters who've been banged up than any street in Britain!
  • Options
    FionnBFionnB Posts: 448
    Forum Member

Yes, he did. And Chesney changed his name to Battersby-Brown. It's never referred to that Leanne and Chesney are technically brother and sister!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meldrewman wrote: »

I've found it now on Corriepedia:

Les regretted his mistakes with his daughters and tried to be more of a father to Chesney. Chesney adored him and in 2006, asked a delighted Les to officially become his father. After some initial haggling with social workers, and resentment from Cilla, the adoption went through.
This discussion has been closed.