Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
Forum Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl9J_ewx3Rg

Couldn't see a thread on this anywhere...usually I'm not bothered about watching walkthroughs for things like this, but this looks very impressive. A bit Assassin's Creed, a bit Arkham Asylum but with much more layered gameplay. I've been hoping that next-gen isn't so graphics-oriented, and this is a sign of new and innovative ways to play that interest me :)

Comments

• YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Definitely interesting. Some really intriguing mechanics at work there. I might keep an eye on it.

Just a little concerned as good LotR games are few and far between.
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Yes its a shame such a huge background base and very few good LoTR/Hobbit games, LoTR online probably being the best.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and this is a sign of new and innovative ways to play that interest me :)

After seeing the latest gameplay vid I can't help think that this amazing, new, dynamic way of playing will just be a gimmick and the game will turn into a button basher.

And then there's the guy who spotted what he thought was AC2 code in the gameplay. AC:Middle Earth...
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never heard of it but looks interesting Skyrim mixed with Assassins Creed :)

Ratbag? lol
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    ^^there's some vids on YouTube
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well we're close to release now - anyone got it on pre-order? i'm taking a leap of faith and have pre-ordered. I love LOTR and all the gameplay vids suggest a good game...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bio Max wrote: »
    Well we're close to release now - anyone got it on pre-order? i'm taking a leap of faith and have pre-ordered. I love LOTR and all the gameplay vids suggest a good game...

I pre purchased it digitally on Xbox One. Love LOTR. Really looking forward to this.
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's about 5 games I want next month so I haven't pre-ordered this yet as I don't know if I can afford them all, but it's a game I want so hopefully if I have the money, I'll get it.
    Forum Member
    It's not one of my day one definites, like the above poster, there's a lot coming out, but I'll wait a small while. Plus I'd really like to see some reviews.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Going to wait on some reviews for this, but it has piqued my interest.

Looks promising.

Thanks for the clip. Looks good.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be seeing this at the Eurogamer Expo on Friday and Saturday.

Whether I pre-order it or not will depend on that...
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever happened to the complaint that this had stolen and used without permission an AC engine? Pretty sure an AC developer made that claim when the game was first announced?
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may get this.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    I'll be seeing this at the Eurogamer Expo on Friday and Saturday.

Whether I pre-order it or not will depend on that...

try and remember to update this thread after you've been!
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like something I will enjoy. Assassins Creed covered in a LOTR skin, what's not to like. Probably not a full price game though. Should have either released in the summer or in the quite period next year as this is likely to get buried in the Tsunami of AAA games coming before the end of the year.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    try and remember to update this thread after you've been!

Will do :)
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Looks like something I will enjoy. Assassins Creed covered in a LOTR skin, what's not to like. Probably not a full price game though. Should have either released in the summer or in the quite period next year as this is likely to get buried in the Tsunami of AAA games coming before the end of the year.

I'm going to get this I think next week.....yes I shall put it away for xmas
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got too many games coming soon, so might get this cheaper on steam £30.
    Forum Member
    I'm going to get this I think next week.....yes I shall put it away for xmas

Next week ?

I didn't think it was out that soon.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    October 3rd UK

Same day as forza.
    Forum Member
    Definitely won't be getting it at release with me after getting Fifa and hopefully Driveclub a few days after that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    9.3/10 from IGN. Oddly, they criticise the missions, calling them "unexciting", which you'd think would be a major factor when deciding the score... I guess not!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    9.3/10 from IGN. Oddly, they criticise the missions, calling them "unexciting", which you'd think would be a major factor when deciding the score... I guess not!

It's getting great review scores - IGN -9.3, Gamespot- 8, Polygon - 9.5, Eurogamer -8 with a meta critic of 86%
    Forum Member
    Oh good stuff on the review scores. Still can't buy this for a while.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's getting great review scores - IGN -9.3, Gamespot- 8, Polygon - 9.5, Eurogamer -8 with a meta critic of 86%

Yes, I know. I just find it odd that they criticise such a key aspect of the game and then give it such a high rating. It's like saying the fighting is rubbish in Smash Bros, but still give it 10/10 :p