✭✭✭

Comments

• juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Delboy strikes again. :D
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She obviously didn't have much sense of humour......police though, figures.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »

That'd still be a pretty shitty way to treat a real stripper.
  • JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »
    That'd still be a pretty shitty way to treat a real stripper.

In what way ?

The police should get some common sense as well as a sense of humour.

I have nothing but sympathy for the poor sod being fined.
  • GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JELLIES0 wrote: »

Why? He behaved like a complete ********...

Frankly I'm embarrassed he's the same sex as me.
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    It's a cock and bull story made up to cover the fact he's a pillock. I'm sure he knew very well it was a police officer.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    It's easily done
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    JELLIES0 wrote: »
    In what way ?

The police should get some common sense as well as a sense of humour.

Who would have thought it? You two blaming the actions of a drunken imbecile on the Police Officer. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dosanjh1 wrote: »
    It's a cock and bull story made up to cover the fact he's a pillock. I'm sure he knew very well it was a police officer.

I'm sure he did too.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She [the police woman] should have replied "is that a baton in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me?" :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure why some think it was okay to whack her in the face with a bar towel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure why some think it was okay to whack her in the face with a bar towel.

He thought she was a stripper
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Stripper or police officer, you shouldn't go flicking towels in their face. If the towel had caught one her eyes, it could have done serious damage.
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    3sweet5u wrote: »

You can't do that to a stripper, it's worrying that you think it makes a difference.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I hope that is some attempt at a joke, and not a serious comment.
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    I'm more concerned that the Police get a call saying a group of drunken men are getting rowdy in a pub and they send a female Police officer alone to deal with it?
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The subject made me laugh, I pictured a carry on style farce with a guy expecting a stripper and an actual police officer turns up.

But alas it was not a light hearted "oopsie" moment, just a prick being a prick.
  • ScottishPancakeScottishPancake Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    Stripper or police officer, you shouldn't go flicking towels in their face. If the towel had caught one her eyes, it could have done serious damage.
    I've had it happen to me before, though thankfully, without any eye damage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elyan wrote: »
    I'm more concerned that the Police get a call saying a group of drunken men are getting rowdy in a pub and they send a female Police officer alone to deal with it?

Police Officers often have to go alone to incidents. Sounds like she dealt with it okay.
  • SomnerSomner Posts: 9,412
    Forum Member
    Elyan wrote: »

Nature of the job unfortunately. A job came in and she may well have been the closest to it, or the only person who was available to deal with it. Chances are there were other officers on the way as well, but what is she meant to do in the mean time, sit outside and wait? That would have looked great if things did turn nasty in the pub, all the while "the police" are sat outside.

I happened to be about 200 yards from a pub once, just as a call came in to say it was kicking off inside. I was on my own, I walked in and it was like the sort of scene you'd see on television; broken chairs everywhere, glass smashed all over the place, not a single table that wasn't upturned, people arguing, crying, screaming and bleeding. I ended up surrounded by three angry blokes, back up wasn't very close and I needed to assess injuries and arrange ambulances, not deal with people who can't handle their drink. That said I don't see what the alternative was? The only way I can see to improve that situation would be to double crew officers at all times, but the public don't like that, so it's not done.

Going back to the story in the OP, I can't help but think that the articles haven't described the situation accurately. I very much doubt that the bloke was locked up simply for being a bit jovial towards her. I can only assume he was being a complete pain in the backside whilst she was trying to deal with something, hence being locked up for obstruct police.
  • ScottishPancakeScottishPancake Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somner wrote: »
    Nature of the job unfortunately. A job came in and she may well have been the closest to it, or the only person who was available to deal with it. Chances are there were other officers on the way as well, but what is she meant to do in the mean time, sit outside and wait? That would have looked great if things did turn nasty in the pub, all the while "the police" are sat outside.

I happened to be about 200 yards from a pub once, just as a call came in to say it was kicking off inside. I was on my own, I walked in and it was like the sort of scene you'd see on television; broken chairs everywhere, glass smashed all over the place, not a single table that wasn't upturned, people arguing, crying, screaming and bleeding. I ended up surrounded by three angry blokes, back up wasn't very close and I needed to assess injuries and arrange ambulances, not deal with people who can't handle their drink. That said I don't see what the alternative was? The only way I can see to improve that situation would be to double crew officers at all times, but the public don't like that, so it's not done.

Going back to the story in the OP, I can't help but think that the articles haven't described the situation accurately. I very much doubt that the bloke was locked up simply for being a bit jovial towards her. I can only assume he was being a complete pain in the backside whilst she was trying to deal with something, hence being locked up for obstruct police.
    Well, that would make a good film plot if nothing else....
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That doesn't stop it being a shitty thing to do. If it's a shitty thing to do to someone who isn't a stripper, it's still a shitty thing to do to someone who is. Strippers are people too, you know. Only difference is he didn't know he was doing it to someone who could arrest him for it. Not a huge amount of sympathy from me, I'm afraid.
  • SomnerSomner Posts: 9,412
    Forum Member
    Well, that would make a good film plot if nothing else....

Along with me being thrown out of the window as everybody else arrives, it would be a sell out. ;)