Options

** Under The Dome - Season 1 (US PACE) **

Comments

• Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Otis Hill wrote: »

And as usual Linda the hypocrite thinks the sun shines out duke's ass but big jim is evil, even though both men were in on it:rolleyes:

To be fair, the note and Linda's personal relationship with Duke proved he was being more altruistic than Big jim, who was in it for himself and gaining more power to feed his ego.
  • Options
    Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    To be fair, the note and Linda's personal relationship with Duke proved he was being more altruistic than Big jim, who was in it for himself and gaining more power to feed his ego.

I know I'm being cynical but a note proves nothing as anyone can write what they want in it whether its true or not. Big Jim can just as easily say that he was trying to make the town safer for his son because its what his wife would have wanted (but it probably was out of greed) and Linda shouldnt deem that any less worthy than Duke's intent but I have no doubt she would
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm ready for this to end now
    lol
  • Options
    oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    watched 10 episodes so far , well worth watching ,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its really loosing its way...becoming very tedious.

The other monday night show, Siberia is now must watch for me, with DOME relegated to whenever I'm bored and need something to watch
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    Its really loosing its way...becoming very tedious.

The other monday night show, Siberia is now must watch for me, with DOME relegated to whenever I'm bored and need something to watch

so many twists n turns , worth staying with
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oxygenjj wrote: »
    so many twists n turns , worth staying with
    i think its become ridiculously predictable
  • Options
    Mart_UKMart_UK Posts: 2,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the full 1st season last weekend..
    So whats in that egg thing?

The shows alright, done enough for me to check out next season.
  • Options
    ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,246
    Forum Member
    Mart_UK wrote: »
    Watched the full 1st season last weekend..

How did you manage that then? I wasn't aware the last three episodes had been shown anywhere by last weekend?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ntscuser wrote: »
    How did you manage that then? I wasn't aware the last three episodes had been shown anywhere by last weekend?

bet it's only the first ten have been watched
  • Options
    Mart_UKMart_UK Posts: 2,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ntscuser wrote: »

Sorry my bad, just t the reruns of all the episodes shown up to now..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    disgusted they killed off max. absolutely disgusted. what a waste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she was the best character in it. so did that vision thing mean big jim was the monarch and the chosen 4 have to overthrow him or is Barbie still meant to be the monarch? urrgh they should have made Max the monarch and she could have ruled with an iron fist. I seriously cannot stress enough how much better she made the show. Hopefully the Dome made a clone of her.

Linda has to be the biggest dumbass ever. she shoulda been killed off instead of Max. She goes from wanting Big Jim in prison to believing every word he says and taking orders from him....all in the space of less than a day. I think that nurse and joe will be barbie's only hope so long as they tell everyone how he saved julia's life.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    disgusted they killed off max. absolutely disgusted. what a waste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she was the best character in it. so did that vision thing mean big jim was the monarch and the chosen 4 have to overthrow him or is Barbie still meant to be the monarch? urrgh they should have made Max the monarch and she could have ruled with an iron fist. I seriously cannot stress enough how much better she made the show. Hopefully the Dome made a clone of her.

Linda has to be the biggest dumbass ever. she shoulda been killed off instead of Max. She goes from wanting Big Jim in prison to believing every word he says and taking orders from him....all in the space of less than a day. I think that nurse and joe will be barbie's only hope so long as they tell everyone how he saved julia's life.

It looks like the writers of the Following did follow 'Max' over to Under the Dome.

Fancy killing off one of the better characters? :rolleyes:

The whole episode was so ridiculous.

Norrie is so annoying, and i do wish they'd stop with Junior and Angie stuff.

And to have Julia unconscious for most of the episode was just a waste.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well I liked it , brilliant show so far , looking forward to number 12
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This just gets worse :(

Not sure I'm going to make it to the end of the season folks. It is becoming unwatchable. While I wasn't a massive Max fan I did think of all the characters she was one of the ones with the most potential. Killing her off to try to inject some life into the plot & throw Big Jim's character even deeper into the 'ridiculous inadvertent serial killer' mode is just plain stupid. To be fair, I didn't like the soppy psycho teenage lovesick Max this week but even she was better than most of the other characters.

Now it is all people acting incongruously, random 'knowledge' inserted into the plot, poor acting from some important cast members, poor pacing and worst of all, boring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This just gets worse :(

Not sure I'm going to make it to the end of the season folks. It is becoming unwatchable. While I wasn't a massive Max fan I did think of all the characters she was one of the ones with the most potential. Killing her off to try to inject some life into the plot & throw Big Jim's character even deeper into the 'ridiculous inadvertent serial killer' mode is just plain stupid. To be fair, I didn't like the soppy psycho teenage lovesick Max this week but even she was better than most of the other characters.

Now it is all people acting incongruously, random 'knowledge' inserted into the plot, poor acting from some important cast members, poor pacing and worst of all, boring.

I hate to say it but I agree. I think its turning into a trainwreck. I really thought Max could have been the making of the show and that she would be next seasons major villain because I didnt think Big Jim would make it to season 2 and it'll be so stupid if they just pull another villain out of nowhere that's been biding their time and laying low under the dome..
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the leaps of logic. 'I think these white marks are us!' 'I think we all have to touch the big dome!' 'I think we have to kill Big Jim!'

It's an increasingly daft show, but I've come this far. Might as well get to the end of the first season at least.

Oh, and it would be more believable if the young lass at least looked slightly sad about her Mum dying.
  • Options
    ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monarch = King. Bearing in mind who the original author and executive producer is, could this all end up being in King's head as in St. Elsewhere? Hope not.
  • Options
    welshblobwelshblob Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When did the land/world outside the dome recover from being a barren wasteland after the army nuked it?
  • Options
    ninz39ninz39 Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We are now gonna take bets in our house of how many people big jim will kill in the episode, there won't be anyone left soon
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    welshblob wrote: »
    When did the land/world outside the dome recover from being a barren wasteland after the army nuked it?

That's what I was thinking, but I assumed it was on the opposite side of the dome that got bombed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I was thinking, but I assumed it was on the opposite side of the dome that got bombed.

the opposite side of the dome has been demolished as far as the eye can see. Surely the blast radius would be more or less the same as the other side so the immediate surroundings all around the dome should be destroyed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    the opposite side of the dome has been demolished as far as the eye can see. Surely the blast radius would be more or less the same as the other side so the immediate surroundings all around the dome should be destroyed.

No, if the bomb hit on one side of the dome, the other side would be protected by the dome.

The blast would be reflected back the way the bomb came rather than going around the dome.
  • Options
    Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    I did hope (rather naively) that a programme called "Under the Dome" would at least be 80% about the dome but instead it's fast turning out to be another LOST that is all about the little people, and the mysterious thing that is happening is just a vehicle for character interaction.

Take this latest episode; starts off with a recap of what happened last time all 4 touched the dome and then had 41 minutes of people filler doing whacky things before the final minute of ' Let's touch the dome again to try and keep people interested.'

After LOST, I really don't want to waste years of my life just to be given some throw-away stuff to explain the dome and be told that really the whole show is about the people and wouldn't it all be better if we all hugged trees. :rolleyes:

Why can't they just do a character story show for people who like that sort of tree-hugging crap, and do another show about mysterious sci-fi things where the show is all about the thing that is in the title.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, if the bomb hit on one side of the dome, the other side would be protected by the dome.

The blast would be reflected back the way the bomb came rather than going around the dome.

Oh I would have thought that the blast would go over and around the dome so that everything around the circumference was destroyed.