Corrie - Carla & Simon

BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How do you think they'd adapted to each other is Peter leaves Leanne for Carla?

I think Carla would try hard to be as good as a mother to him as Leanne was, and I think they'll become good friends. However, I think Simon will realise that he loves Leanne, and she was the best mother figure he will ever have.

But Carla will definitely be more interested in Peter than Simon, therefore I think Simon would feel as if he was being pushed away.

Just my opinion ;)

Comments

• jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    I think Simon is best to hide under the sink and hope Peter forgets him in his selfishness and he can stay with Leanne.
  • BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Simon is best to hide under the sink and hope Peter forgets him in his selfishness and he can stay with Leanne.

I suppose Simon could live with Leanne if he wanted to, because she's his stepmother, but Peter would deffinetley want to be with Simon, so it could be a her or me situation with him between Carla and Simon :yawn:
  • madaboutcarlamadaboutcarla Posts: 10,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it will be amazing, interesting viewing.

I don't think Carla will be the same as Leanne - I can't really see her playing the doting mother figure (Leanne will always be Simon's Mum, I am aware of that) but saying that, a few years ago I would never had thought Leanne could be the way she is with Simon - I think a lot of people are too quick to say Carla would be a rubbish mother - she has a lovely relationship with Ryan, and recently we have seen little snippets of her maternal side with baby Liam.

I think she and Simon had a lovely scene a few weeks back, in the street with Peter. She seemed to get along well with him.

No doubt initially he would probably reject her, as he will see her as the reason Leanne and Peter split up, but in time I reckon they could bond.
    Forum Member
    Anyone could be nice to a child in a few occasions, Carla is too selfish for the investment in a long term commitment to Simon that Leanne has made.

Also, Peter/Carla isn't going to last long so Simon is yet again going to get pushed from pillar to post due to his fathers selfishness.
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    Hopefully they'll write him out. Kids ruin soaps.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Carla can be whatever the writers want her to be, I reckon she has the potential to be a good mum. I'd be more interested to see how Simon takes to Carla.
  • MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't believe Carla would be good with Simon. She's very much out for herself so I can't see her happy playing mum. She just wants Peter at any cost. When Peter tried to explain how devestated Simon would be if he left Leanne, Carla replied with something like "he'd get over it, she's not even his mum" - that just proved to me how selfish she is. Leanne and Simon are just obstacles to her.

I also don't think Simon would take to Carla as a new mum anyway. He sees Leanne as his mum and I can see him wanting to stay with her if Peter chooses to make a proper go of it with Carla.
  • juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    bazellis wrote: »
    Hopefully they'll write him out. Kids ruin soaps.

I know what you mean, but I think Simon is the exception.
    I feel sorry for the other kids in the show as he acts them, and most of the adults, off the screen.:)
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I think he will probably want to stay with Leanne - can't see how that would work because I doubt Peter will let that happen so lots of drama to come I imagine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    I don't believe Carla would be good with Simon. She's very much out for herself so I can't see her happy playing mum. She just wants Peter at any cost. When Peter tried to explain how devestated Simon would be if he left Leanne, Carla replied with something like "he'd get over it, she's not even his mum" - that just proved to me how selfish she is. Leanne and Simon are just obstacles to her.

I also don't think Simon would take to Carla as a new mum anyway. He sees Leanne as his mum and I can see him wanting to stay with her if Peter chooses to make a proper go of it with Carla.

I agree that Simon does see Leanne as his mum, and I don't think Carla would change that.

BIB - Up to a point I can see why you'd think this before her rape, when she falls in love, she seems to fall hard and before this, I certainly can see she really wanted Peter, and at times acted selfishly, although I do believe she was in a pretty bad phase and wanted to be loved, she understood Peter and wanted more than friendship.

However after her rape, it is Peter who has done all the chasing. She supported him when he was drunk, she said several times to him to go back to Leanne and rejected his attempts to kiss her. Only when he was pretty much sober, had returned to her house and declared his love for her did she respond. I don't like affairs, and don't condone them, but I don't think any of her actions have been wrong - put yourself in her shoes, you've been raped, been so low you tried to end your life, then the man you have been in love with for months, and has helped you, and been there for you along the way declares he is in love with you, (and Peter seemed incredibly genuine). I can't say I wouldn't have acted the same.

In regard to Carla's comment about Leanne not being Simon's mum - yes it was a tad insensitive - but I think it was said more out of ignorance than maliciously - as far as we know, Carla didn't have a nice upbringing, I don't think she had a real bond with her mother and I think this highlights her lack of experience with family life. I can understand why she said it, she was trying to justify Peter confessing his love to Leanne and leaving her, and I suppose she doesn't really understand Leanne and Simon's relationship.

Sorry for the ramble!
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know what you mean, but I think Simon is the exception.
    I feel sorry for the other kids in the show as he acts them, and most of the adults, off the screen.:)

I would love to see what he's like when he grows up, hope they keep him around, but I suppose that depends on Peter
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    I would love to see what he's like when he grows up, hope they keep him around, but I suppose that depends on Peter

He has Ken and Deidre, Tracy, Leanne etc

If one of them are around when he is older then he could always return if Peter has left by then.
    Forum Member
    In regard to Carla's comment about Leanne not being Simon's mum - yes it was a tad insensitive - but I think it was said more out of ignorance than maliciously - as far as we know, Carla didn't have a nice upbringing, I don't think she had a real bond with her mother and I think this highlights her lack of experience with family life. I can understand why she said it, she was trying to justify Peter confessing his love to Leanne and leaving her, and I suppose she doesn't really understand Leanne and Simon's relationship.

I don't think she was malicious because she doesn't give Simon enough thought to hate him, she's just concerned with her own needs. This is why she would be a rubbish mother for Simon. If Simon is lucky Leanne will still be around for him despite Peter's horrible behaviour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think she was malicious because she doesn't give Simon enough thought to hate him, she's just concerned with her own needs. This is why she would be a rubbish mother for Simon. If Simon is lucky Leanne will still be around for him despite Peter's horrible behaviour.

I would have thought Leanne would have been a rubbish mother a few years ago - seems not.

I think Carla puts up a front most of the time, and seems a bit of a narcissist - but the person beneath that is actually rather sad and vulnerable. BIB - after everything she has gone through, I can understand why she is putting herself first. If Peter toys with her emotions, he could leave her very, very damaged (and I reckon she is already damaged).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has Ken and Deidre, Tracy, Leanne etc

If one of them are around when he is older then he could always return if Peter has left by then.

It would be nice to see him grow up though, like Chesney did. If he leaves and comes back, it could be a different actor
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member

She's only that way because she's never had to worry about anyone else before. When it comes down to it, either Carla steps up to the challenge of being a capable step-mother, or her relationship with Peter fails. We just have to wait and see. No doubt it will be interesting.
  • MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that Simon does see Leanne as his mum, and I don't think Carla would change that.

BIB - Up to a point I can see why you'd think this before her rape, when she falls in love, she seems to fall hard and before this, I certainly can see she really wanted Peter, and at times acted selfishly, although I do believe she was in a pretty bad phase and wanted to be loved, she understood Peter and wanted more than friendship.

However after her rape, it is Peter who has done all the chasing. She supported him when he was drunk, she said several times to him to go back to Leanne and rejected his attempts to kiss her. Only when he was pretty much sober, had returned to her house and declared his love for her did she respond. I don't like affairs, and don't condone them, but I don't think any of her actions have been wrong - put yourself in her shoes, you've been raped, been so low you tried to end your life, then the man you have been in love with for months, and has helped you, and been there for you along the way declares he is in love with you, (and Peter seemed incredibly genuine). I can't say I wouldn't have acted the same.

Sorry for the ramble!

Ramble away, it's the point of these forums :D

I agree when you say that after the rape it was Peter who started chasing Carla. But the BIB , Peter's seemed genuine before with Leanne eg. stopping her from going to London and after the miscarriage. I believed in Peter's feelings then, whereas now I don't. I'm also disappointed at how much the rape aspect seems to have been pushed aside for just another typical affair. I honestly thought that it'd take Carla quite a while before embarking on another physical relationship. That was supposed to be the whole point of Peter and hers relationship - the fact that it relied more on the emotional connection.

I also agree about Carla being ignorant of family bonds and how much Simon would be affected. However, I think she'd be able to develop a softer,maternal side more if she made a family of her own rather that just taking someone else's. I couldn't see Simon bonding with her because he'd see her as a major contribution to the break-up of his family.

I'm biased though because I love Leanne and Peter together!
  • ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing I can't see Carla being happy to live in that flat the size of a rabbit hutch that Peter and Leanne seem quite happy to live in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do see what you mean.

I adore Carla and Peter together, but honestly, I wish they weren't having an affair. I think for many, it cheapens their relationship and really holds Carla in a bad light, when actually I think if you take the time to consider everything, she is as bigger a victim in this as anyone.

I don't condone affairs, and Carla is hardly whiter than white, but sometimes I get annoyed as it seems people who dislike Carla paint Leanne as a saint, I remember someone saying that we should just forget her past - um o, her past is what makes her who she is today, and it is unfair to ignore Leanne's past and then have a go at Carla for hers.

I think Carla and Peter have such a wonderful, complex relationship. They are friends, good friends. They both understand each other from an alcoholics point of view. They have great chemistry and seem so at ease with each other. Then added to this is their attraction for each other. Added to that is the fact they have both seen each other at their lowest points, drunk, Peter almost dying and struggling through his recovery from the tram crash, Carla being raped and trying to take her own life - despite the fact up until now they haven't been in a relationship with each other they have been through a lot together and seem to manage to pick each other back up and give them the strength to fight.

I personally believe the reason Carla had sex with Peter so soon, was partly because she felt she didn't want to loose him, and perhaps wanted to prove to herself that she wouldn't let Frank ruin her - as I think for her in particular, she has always seemed very confident with her sexuality, so it is a big part of her. Added to this was the fact she has been in love with Peter for months, she was ready to give him everything before the rape. He was there for her every step of the way, giving her the first physical contact since her rape - I think she just felt conformable with him and wanted to be loved (Saying this I was suprised by the fact they did it so soon and wished it would have been a but further into their relationship).
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Although I love the Carla Peter pairing, I think it's sad that Simon has lost one mother, got so attached to Leanne and now Peter's about to take that away from him too. Carla is not your motherly type but perhaps this is what she needs in her life to get her to settle down. She doesn't do kids from how she talked to Liam but she was under a lot of pressure. It's going to be very sad for Leanne - wonder if she go back into Nick's arms
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon loves Leanne and I can't see him coming round to Carla.

Can't imagine Carla wanting to play mummy either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the writers have split Leanne and Peter up purposely for another Leanne and Nick storyline and also so his current girlfriend who is also Leanne's half sister can have something else to moan about, because something as big as Leanne spitting from Peter is something that will put Nick in a bit of a quandary :D
    Forum Member
    There's also the practical issue - Leanne doesn't work full time so can drop/pick up Simon. Carla's go the factory to run and Peter the bookies. As Peter's recently hinted, it's down to Ken again to pick up the pieces.
  • Holz_Holz_ Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Initially I think it's pretty obvious that Simon would hate Carla, especially if she basically replaces Leanne, moving into the flat etc. (I don't know if this ever was/is the plan, but...)

I think the best way to do it would for Peter and Simon to live alone for a bit, with Carla staying where she is a coming over rather than rushing into moving in etc. That way they could develop a more genuine relationship over time and Simon might not feel so much that Carla is trying to be his mum.

As far as whether Carla would be a good mother to Simon, I'm not really sure. On the one hand she has seemed to get on with him from what few scenes we've seen of them, and like people have said we've seen from scenes with Liam, Ryan etc that show Carla can be good with kids. I think if the situation was different, ie that Carla hadn't been 'the other woman' etc I think it would work much more easily. My concern is really that if the eventual plan is to have Carla playing stepmother to Simon with Leanne still around (as Jane Danson isn't leaving) it'll make everything so much more difficult for all of them, and I think Simon and Carla could end up resenting each other.

Also as someone said in another thread, especially at the moment, Carla is very vulnerable and 'damaged' (I hate that word!) and regardless of whether she has the potential to be a good mother or not, I don't really think she's in the right sort of place to be trying to be. In a year or so, when it's all blown over and Carla has hopefully found some kind of peace, then yeah I'm sure she'd be excellent with Simon, but at the moment, I don't think any of them need the added pressure.

Problem is, Peter and Simon come as a package, so if Carla wants to have any sort of life with Peter, it's something she'll have to deal with.
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    I think the writers have split Leanne and Peter up purposely for another Leanne and Nick storyline and also so his current girlfriend who is also Leanne's half sister can have something else to moan about, because something as big as Leanne spitting from Peter is something that will put Nick in a bit of a quandary :D

Good thinking Batman. I thought we'd have to be put through another zzzzzz Nick/Leanne debacle but forgot about the Eva ingredient!