Options

EastEnders - Return of the Foxes

GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
Forum Member
Should they come back and give Denise some serious storylines, I think its very lazy writing to just lob her in with the Beales to have a 'mother' character in the house.
I would hate it if she became Mrs Beale No.5

Comments

• Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to see Denise and Kim's Mum arrive- there needs to be more older characters in the show.
  • Options
    Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No the cast is too big already
  • Options
    bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should focus on the cast they have – although I did like Daphne Fox in the episode she appeared in – made Kim look positively intelligent in comparison! I quite like the dynamic of Denise being surrounded by two idiotic sisters – particularly considering her dry, sarcastic personality.

I was never a massive fan of Libby and Chelsea and found their departure rather strange considering their mother had just pretty much returned from the dead. I liked Liz Turner as a decent older character and thought she was a wasted opportunity – particularly considering the lack of people in that age group.
  • Options
    thismorningfanthismorningfan Posts: 1,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think the cast is too big. If anything, it'll be too small when Michael, Alice, Joey and the axings leave.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Rather dismissive....
    I think what makes the cast seem large is the multitude of unnecessary characters we already have on screen, so i think its just a case of some out and some in
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    I would like to see Denise and Kim's Mum arrive- there needs to be more older characters in the show.

The show does need older characters, but I'm not sure that their mother would have much to add to the show, I could see her arriving and then getting axed within months, perhaps maybe their older sister Daphne who made an appearance for Denise's "funeral", perhaps maybe an extension in her family
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Libby totally refuses to travel the short distance back from Oxford to London to see her mum. Even at Christmas. Despite being on the square 24/7 when she first went to Oxford.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love to see Chelsea back.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I wish they'd left Denise with Arthur, it made them both more fun and interesting. Now she's stuck with the dullest man in Walford and is in danger of becoming his new doormat. I don't think bringing back her kids will help.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise needs a sl, putting her with Ian has done nothing for her character she's just another 'Jane'. I hope dtc has plans for her, Diane a great actress.
  • Options
    RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Even though I liked Denise as a mother, I could not stand Libby and Chelsea. So happy they are gone.

Daphne I'd like to see back, but recast to a better actress. And also Ada Fox would be a good.
  • Options
    secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, definately not, especially Chelsea and Libby. Libby was as dull as ditchwater and Chelsea couldn't act for toffee.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For a second I thought it had been announced they were returning. It's a no from me. Complete bores. Denise is the new Jane. If that's not proof they have no idea what to do with her I don't know what is. Vald's idea of keeping Denise with the accursed Fatboy would have been a more interesting route to take her down and may have also given Fatboy a purpose and made him less annoying. I can't see Denise lasting much longer unless the actress is happy to re-enact Ian's repetitive scenes with Jane for the rest of her career.
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member

I agree with this :)
  • Options
    Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't they rummaging through those bins??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does Denise even remember she has kids??
  • Options
    Bomani channingBomani channing Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Love to see Chelsea back.
    I wouldn't mind seeing that back of hers too :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Marie123 wrote: »

This is what I'm getting at, one thing EastEnders are really bad at is keeping stories alive, it see,s as thugh once a person leaves the Square they get stuffed in a dreawer until they're needed again, I'm sure one day Chelsea and Libby will return, but most probably like Sharon, will never know what they spent the last number of years doing ....
  • Options
    Ozboz3Ozboz3 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have to agree with vaslav, I've been saying for ages that Ada Fox is a character that would be great to introduce in eastenders:)
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marie123 wrote: »

Well if she didn't, Ian reminded her the other day:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IanMandy wrote: »
    Well if she didn't, Ian reminded her the other day:D

Judging my her reaction, she was probably thinking "oh right, yes, I have a daughter". If Ian ever mentions Chelsea I'm sure she'll be thinking "another one? How many kids do I have?". I'm sure Jack's much worse though, now that he's unemployed and sleeping on his ex's sofa he probably spends at least an hour each day trying to name all his kids.
  • Options
    KillerWatchKillerWatch Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Denise's gangster brother who she lost touch with.
    Denise's mother who falls in love with Patrick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Denise's gangster brother who she lost touch with.
    Denise's mother who falls in love with Patrick.

Unnecessary predictabilities that don't need actualising
  • Options
    ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are keeping the Foxes in for comedy at the moment and for the forseeable future. I dunno if Kim is popular or not but they seem to like giving her screen time. I like her anyway.
  • Options
    madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Chit chat and gossiping between Daphne Cora Dot and Patrick would be good. I agree that Denise needs a better s/l. I'd like to see her working in the restaurant with Ian. I love the setting of the Bistro in Corrie and wonder why EE have bothered to introduce Ian's restaurant when it's hardly featured. When it is, it's normally to focus on boring Carl or the ex dopey Jean when she was around.