Dannii Minogue eyes Home and Away return

BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,712
Forum Member
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s15/home-and-away/news/a568739/dannii-minogue-home-and-away-return-would-be-fun.html#~oDo1ALwPzZVH5E

They need to make this happen!! Dannii would possibly give the show a much needed ratings boost in the UK. She already works for Channel 7 and has now publicly stated she wants to come back so they'd be foolish not to make it happen! And Kate Ritchie has said she'd go back with her which is even better!

Comments

• Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure the producers will be desperate to get her signed up for a guest stint if she's serious, could be a big ratings boost. Am i right in thinking her character was Ailsa's niece making Alf her uncle through marriage? I suppose its plausible she would visit him.
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,712
    Forum Member
    I'm sure the producers will be desperate to get her signed up for a guest stint if she's serious, could be a big ratings boost. Am i right in thinking her character was Ailsa's niece making Alf her uncle through marriage? I suppose its plausible she would visit him.

Yes she was Ailsa's niece. Dannii is friends with Ray Meagher and Kate Ritchie. A potential story could be that Sally met up with Emma when she was in America and they are coming home to visit? I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet as this isn't the first time Dannii has expressed an interest in coming back and they haven't taken her up on it before. And Kate Ritchie's baby is due in August so I doubt she'd be in a rush to get back to work
  • HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 11,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember her the first time round..she quickly left to torture our ears singing

But my question would be how well could anyone act with a face frozen with bottox etc
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    I would love to see Emma and Sally back in Home and Away!
  • KymberlyKymberly Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember they brought back a lot of old characters for when Alf turned. 60. He must be coming up for his 70th so maybe they could bring her back for one maybe two episodes.
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kymberly wrote: »
    I remember they brought back a lot of old characters for when Alf turned. 60. He must be coming up for his 70th so maybe they could bring her back for one maybe two episodes.

That's a good idea, they brought loads of characters back to celebrate Alf's 60th they should definitely do it again for his 70th. It would also be a very realistic return for Emma and not some contrived, sensationalist nonsense. Just her coming back to visit her uncle for his birthday.
    Forum Member
    That's a good idea, they brought loads of characters back to celebrate Alf's 60th they should definitely do it again for his 70th. It would also be a very realistic return for Emma and not some contrived, sensationalist nonsense. Just her coming back to visit her uncle for his birthday.

That would also be a plausible reason for Sally to return.
  • soapfan2005soapfan2005 Posts: 751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does Kate Richie say that Sally could confront Emma, I don't remember any beef between their characters?
    Forum Member
    Why does Kate Richie say that Sally could confront Emma, I don't remember any beef between their characters?

I was thinking that too! Sally was only 9 when Emma was on the show. I can't remember them having a run in but I was only 9 myself at the time!!
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be a while before Kate returns. I`m not sure when Kates baby is due, but she may prefer to stay home with him/her after the birth.
    When Sid Walkers daughter Sasha first came to the bay, she reminded me so much of Emma in looks and attitude.
    Forum Member
    wavlovr wrote: »
    It will be a while before Kate returns. I`m not sure when Kates baby is due, but she may prefer to stay home with him/her after the birth.
    When Sid Walkers daughter Sasha first came to the bay, she reminded me so much of Emma in looks and attitude.

Kate's due in August. Dannii is also filming The X Factor now so I can't see this happening until next year. I hope Kate stays true to her word!! I have no doubt Kate will return again but I don't know if it would be so soon? It took her five years last time.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see a feasible reason for a long term return as there are far too many teenagers in it at the moment and the older characters are woefully underused. However I would like to see a guest appearance.

I hope Sally returns permanently too
    Forum Member
    I don't see a feasible reason for a long term return as there are far too many teenagers in it at the moment and the older characters are woefully underused. However I would like to see a guest appearance.

I hope Sally returns permanently too

I think there is actually a good balance of age at the moment. Yes, there are lots of kids but there's a lot of adult characters too. Marilyn and Roo always have storylines, Irene has been given more to do this year and Alf and Leah have a story coming up together soon. It's very sad as well, I watch Oz pace.
    I think Dannii would only return for a guest stint anyway. I always think one day Kate will come back for good because I think that's what Sally would do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BadRomance wrote: »
    I think there is actually a good balance of age at the moment. Yes, there are lots of kids but there's a lot of adult characters too. Marilyn and Roo always have storylines, Irene has been given more to do this year and Alf and Leah have a story coming up together soon. It's very sad as well, I watch Oz pace.
    I think Dannii would only return for a guest stint anyway. I always think one day Kate will come back for good because I think that's what Sally would do.

I can't remember the last time Marilyn had a decent storyline although I do like her and John. I hope Roo gets a good one, the Harvey exit one was just beyond pathetic.

I can't watch Aussie pace (:() but :o:o re Leah and Alf!
    Forum Member
    I can't remember the last time Marilyn had a decent storyline although I do like her and John. I hope Roo gets a good one, the Harvey exit one was just beyond pathetic.

I can't watch Aussie pace (:() but :o:o re Leah and Alf!

It will tug at your heart strings!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    lol, she was the schools punk last time..i think she be a completely different character now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will tug at your heart strings!!!

:(:(

One thing I will say about H&A is that they are brilliant at doing emotional stories. I'll never forget Meg dying on the beach in Blake's arms.
    Forum Member
    :(:(

One thing I will say about H&A is that they are brilliant at doing emotional stories. I'll never forget Meg dying on the beach in Blake's arms.

Yep!! I sobbed last year when Alf was avoiding Sally before she left, that scene on the pier was heartbreaking!!

Yes it will be interesting to see how Emma has grown up and what she's doing with her life. I think Dannii expressing an interest shows just how normal and down to earth she is. You wouldn't get Melissa George saying she'd love to go back to play "that girl whose name I can't remember" as she calls Angel
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame Kylie's not so willing to go back to Neighbours. I prefur Dannii to Kylie. Dannii seems more down to earth.
    Forum Member
    I can see an Emma and Brax romance!!
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see an Emma and Brax romance!!

That would be good. I'm not into Ricky and Brax at all. Brax can do a lot better than her!
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be so good to see Dannii back on Home & Away. I could see Emma with Brax too!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    danyell wrote: »
    That would be good. I'm not into Ricky and Brax at all. Brax can do a lot better than her!

:o:o I really like Ricky and Brax
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It sure would be random, she has no connections with anyone
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yesss please