Options

The Jeremy Clarkson Appreciation thread

JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
Forum Member
✭✭✭
..because someone had to do it.

To be honest it probably doesn't matter what he says or does any more, he makes me laugh :cool::kitty:

Comments

• Options
    AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheer, Appreciation for the Jeremy Clarkson appreciation thread.
    Love him:)
    Hate Piers Moron.
  • Options
    LucylashesLucylashes Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm in too :) I found it quite uncomfortable to watch him grovelling for forgiveness for something he didn't even do. If I was him, I'd go away, enjoy my millions and tell the BBC to get stuffed. Clarkson with his wings clipped won't be Clarkson.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YAY there's 3 of us. Take that, Mirror!

You see, I'm just the sort of person that Clarkson is designed to wind up. I'm a short, vaguely feminist female vegetarian with a generally liberal outlook.

But I love him! :p
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I'd like to buy him a pint or two.

Honestly people getting offended on other peoples behalf drives me up the wall at times, it happens on this forum in posts :(

No doubt if I admit to admiring his work, I am a UKIP voting racist.
  • Options
    Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the silly old git - he makes me laugh on a regular basis.

What kind of insipid world would we be living in if we didn't have the outspoken to liven things up a little? :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    While we're on about slopes (which I had to look up as I have never heard of it) was nobody offended when he says to Richard 'Hammond, I know you like a bit of black cock' and Hammond coming back with 'ooh yes, love the way it slides down my throat'

That was probably closer to the edge than theres a slope on the bridge (which lets be honest, how many people knew what that meant, even if he did mean it?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    While we're on about slopes (which I had to look up as I have never heard of it) was nobody offended when he says to Richard 'Hammond, I know you like a bit of black cock' and Hammond coming back with 'ooh yes, love the way it slides down my throat'

That was probably closer to the edge that theres a slope on the bridge (which lets be honest, how many people knew what that meant, even if he did mean it?)

Oh I need to be watching that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    I'd like to buy him a pint or two.

Honestly people getting offended on other peoples behalf drives me up the wall at times, it happens on this forum in posts :(

No doubt if I admit to admiring his work, I am a UKIP voting racist.

I think I say a lot of things intended as humour which are potentially offensive or don't come across very well. My real views are usually quite different from the idiotic things I come out with for a laugh.

I don't think all humour should be like that awful John Thomson take off of Bernard Manning. And I don't think that any humour should be like Bernard Manning
  • Options
    J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him and loathe him in equal measure but what I don't like is witch hunts and that is what all this stupid stuff is. Like Rich_L I had no idea that the word 'slope' had a double meaning. I mean seriously is there a word left in the English language that is safe to use. I wish someone would print a directory! I don't think he's racist simply because he's a controversial micky taker of everyone - regardless of who they are - colour, creed, gender whatever its all the same to him. He treats everyone with equal irreverence!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Excatly, he cant be racist if he hates everyone in equal measure.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the silly old git - he makes me laugh on a regular basis.

What kind of insipid world would we be living in if we didn't have the outspoken to liven things up a little? :cool:

^ This. I wouldn't say I appreciate him, necessarily, but he does me laugh, and I love his lack of care when it comes to people pleasing. If it's a choice between the po-faced jobsworthy people pleasers or Jeremy, I'll take Jeremy every time.

Also, he takes the pee out of himself as much as he does everyone else.

That 'slope' thing drove me nuts. There WAS a slope on the bridge, a very obvious one. I couldn't believe the desperation by certain media to turn it into a racist outrage. ^_^
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Took a while for this thread to get going. :D

People getting outraged about the whole 'slope' thing.....since when did it move on to the list of contentious words?! Can 'slope' no longer be used as a descriptive word; sloping bridge, ski slope, etc?!

I think a lot of folk would genuinely say they had not been aware of this so-called double-meaning.

The ever-increasing alternative seems to be from the politicians' handbook of speech - uttering a string of robotic, safe clichés as if somebody is pressing a switch on their back every time it is their turn to speak.
  • Options
    BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Took a while for this thread to get going. :D

People getting outraged about the whole 'slope' thing.....since when did it move on to the list of contentious words?! Can 'slope' no longer be used as a descriptive word; sloping bridge, ski slope, etc?!

I think a lot of folk would genuinely say they had not been aware of this so-called double-meaning.

The ever-increasing alternative seems to be from the politicians' handbook of speech - uttering a string of robotic, safe clichés as if somebody is pressing a switch on their back every time it is their turn to speak.

*reports Sloopy for using the outrageous slope word 4 times in one post* ;-)

I had no idea it was a contentious word. Slope to me is an incline, or, to 'slope about' is to wander about aimlessly. Which, coincidentally, is pretty much what Jeremy & Co were doing, sloping about idly discussing the slope on their sloping bridge.