Options

Holiday Showdown: Extreme

Comments

• Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Handlebar tash man was an absolute selfish a*** hole.

Granted the other family were "chavtastic" but they deserve a medal for putting up with so much crap.
  • Options
    craigy132craigy132 Posts: 1,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think slovenia looked great whilst disney world looked really naff and plastic. That fireman was a right hitler but also that blackpool family were right chavs. And the chav mum just wanted a damn good slap - she were well common
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slovenia looked boring and dull - I hate skiing and "Extreme" Sports anyway.

I've been to Disney Florida 4 times so naturally i LOVED that part.

Overall good episode - hated the handlebar mustashe man :D

The best part was at the end when the chav boy said "Thanks for being there for me but it's over" lol!
  • Options
    mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,318
    Forum Member
    cat69 wrote: »
    i thought that at first but i thought the other two were right nasty to them when they made them stay in their room and turned the heating up full blast and when they made Caroline clean the house because she fell asleep that's bullying in my opinion

That's what I thought.
    Okay they had a tough time on the other couples holiday. It was not everyone's cup of tea, we know that.
    But why not make a stand for themselves then? Nobody had a gun pointed to their head saying you must complete all tasks thrown at you!
    When it was their turn on the Florida holiday they turned damn right evil. Smug bastard forcing somebody to eat hot dogs when they don't usually eat this type of food. It was not as if it was the odd occasion, they deliberately made their snacks be at the junk food kiosks. The other family got on with it.
    So what if the woman dosed off on the couch a few times. Walking around in that heat all day is enough to take it out on anybody.
    Grounding them to their room was acceptable as the other family were forced very early starts, but cruelly whacking up the heating and that wife's attitude:mad: 'They ruined our holiday!'.
    Erm int a holiday what YOU make it? And why would you want your family holiday portraited on TV if this is how she viewd it. A free trip maybe?
    Thinking off her gobbing off now makes me cross:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought this programme was really funny! I couldn't stand mustashe-man tho. Even his kids were totally bored and his wife reminded me a bit of stepford wives. I dont know why mustashe-man didnt like disneyland - he would of fitted in well with captin hook and his crew......... As for the chavtastics - they were mean but it was really funny.

Felt really bad for the girl at the end tho, bet she wont live that down for a while:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    bye bye wrote: »
    I thought this programme was really funny! I couldn't stand mustashe-man tho. Even his kids were totally bored and his wife reminded me a bit of stepford wives. I dont know why mustashe-man didnt like disneyland - he would of fitted in well with captin hook and his crew......... As for the chavtastics - they were mean but it was really funny.

Felt really bad for the girl at the end tho, bet she wont live that down for a while:o

How were they funny??? Can't remember laughing once when it was their holiday.

They were mean and arrogant.
  • Options
    sjamessjames Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say I'm on the Egyptian family's side tonight after the chavs that were the other family.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were so chavvy.
    Why go to Tenerife and eat British Food?.
    They should have stayed at home IMO.
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thought tonight's episode was interesting. i would love to go to Egypt and see the temples and monuments, however the thought did look pretty bad and im sure would make most people ill after a while. im not sure that visiting an orphanged would be part of my Egyptian holiday too. However, i commend them for making it part of theirs and giving back to the people of the country they are visiting. The Kent's should have been more gracious about the holiday and took it for a once in a lifetime experience.

Allowing your son to get that plastered is bad parenting, he was underage and shouldnt have been drinking at all! i personally dont drink so sit in a pub abroad and going to clubs on holiday does not appeal i would have preferred the cultural and historical Egyptian holiday any day in that case.
  • Options
    TungstenTungsten Posts: 2,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea27 wrote: »
    Allowing your son to get that plastered is bad parenting, he was underage and shouldnt have been drinking at all!

The daughter was even younger, yet she still had a bottle of Smirnoff Ice in her hand!
  • Options
    tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me thinks the kents name was spelt wrong:)
  • Options
    RubberSoulRubberSoul Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never usually watch this crap, but I caught a couple of minutes of it tonight. The filthy common family were vile. The other couple should've bought them even more drinks, until they were utterly inebriated, then led them towards the deep end of the pool.
  • Options
    Fox MulderFox Mulder Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Markieb wrote: »
    Getting up at 6pm at xmas when its completly dark outside to do extreme sports Why?

because they are in the true sense of the word idiots without sense:D

now tonights episode,
    tell me but why did they have to eat only egyptian food? thats going to far to practically order people to eat what they are told to, if i went on hols with my family let alone strangers i would be up for mass murder, there is nothing worse than some hitler/ess giving it the jackboot and ruining a nice break
  • Options
    Meekz13Meekz13 Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite enjoyed tonights show.Like may,I was on the side of the Egyptian holiday family unlike the chavs who went to Tenerife for a full family piss up every night they were there.

On the point of the boy getting plastered,what is the legal drinking age in Spain??I know that in some Euro countries it is lower than us ie.Germany
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good show
  • Options
    Charlie CaroliCharlie Caroli Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    What is with the Jackson Five wannabe?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the father and son of the kent family need to visit the dentist! then after that the father needs to get help about his drinking. I like a drink myself but even on holiday i do not drink like that,:eek:
  • Options
    hallchallc Posts: 200,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tinman wrote: »
    Me thinks the kents name was spelt wrong:)

Doh .. it took me 5 minutes to get it, but you are so right....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last nights episode showed two good holidays, made bad by two awful families.
    The Egypian wannabes where extramly self ritchious about drinking and the Kents didn't have a full set of teeth between them :D
    Egypt looked fun, but personally I need some toast and a coffee at breakfast time regardless of what country I'm in!
    And tenerife seemed like a laugh, but the drinking was over the top for me.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    jackmcglen wrote: »
    the Kents didn't have a full set of teeth between them :D

PMSL!!:D:D
  • Options
    weedledeedleweedledeedle Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member
    I was ashamed of my whole COUNTY, when I watched those dreadful people last night!!!!!

honest, not all people from Kent are like that!!!

(I think they must have just moved to Dover, from some Godforsaken chavvy island in the middle of the English Channel ;) )
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the funniest part of it all was that none of the other Kent's got sick but just the father seemed to feel ill after the food. Is that because he ate more of it to fit in, or was that that just his stomach becoming shocked at non-fried food being present within it?
  • Options
    ollie_collie_c Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think his stomach just couldn't believe that he'd had no greasy food for more than an hour (not to mention the alcohol) ;):D
  • Options
    jwar1976jwar1976 Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    I have checked the next few weeks tv listings & cannot find Holiday Showdown Extreme anywhere it has been replaced by Wire In The Blood, Does anybody have a clue what is going on surley there is more than 2 episodes
  • Options
    weedledeedleweedledeedle Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member
    jwar1976 wrote: »
    I have checked the next few weeks tv listings & cannot find Holiday Showdown Extreme anywhere it has been replaced by Wire In The Blood, Does anybody have a clue what is going on surley there is more than 2 episodes

I think there WERE only two to be broadcast :eek: :cry: - as it said in the Radio Times "last in the series" in the blurb that described the programme :(:(

I can only think that "holidaymakers" are loath to experiment with holiday swapping, as for some people, their annual two week's holiday is their main work's leave allowance and they don't want to waste it!! hence no more programmes for the moment.

I have watched all the series and I can only remember one programme where the two families actually ENJOYED AND TOOK PART in the other's choices of holiday destinations and played the game........this was the family that went on a jolly on a London double decker bus and ended up at a hippy camp.....

That was a nice happy programme with only a few arguements!