TAR 16 - Episode 10 US

2»

Comments

• Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fab cesc wrote: »
    There have been some perfect legs from teams this season as well.

Yes I very much doubt even Colin and Christie would have prevented the cowboys winning the leg they had to do the speed bump in, for example.
  • Options
    CwejCwej Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Yes I very much doubt even Colin and Christie would have prevented the cowboys winning the leg they had to do the speed bump in, for example.

But Carol and Brandy were only 5 minutes behind them that leg I believe? They weren't THAT far ahead.

I don't get why non-elims are not popular in early weeks. In early weeks I always really want to get to know some of the teams that go out in the first 2 or 3 weeks - and like people have said, it would mean it's less predictable when they are going to appear in the series.
  • Options
    fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't think they would have beaten the detective's in leg 4 either. You have to be going some to beat those guys when the two challenges after an intersection are drinking beer and eating something :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cwej wrote: »
    But Carol and Brandy were only 5 minutes behind them that leg I believe? They weren't THAT far ahead.

I don't get why non-elims are not popular in early weeks. In early weeks I always really want to get to know some of the teams that go out in the first 2 or 3 weeks - and like people have said, it would mean it's less predictable when they are going to appear in the series.

They were 11 minutes behind. Jet was breaking cocunuts for ages and Carol got it pretty early on i think.

I would have liked to have seen more of Jody & Shannon but realistically saving them in episode 2 would have just meant they left a leg later instead. Wouldn't have liked Joe & Heidi to stay around (he seemed to be quite nasty), the sweethearts deserved to go for being stupid enough to pick a guy his size to do a high wire challenge like that. Only the leg where Monique and Shawne left would have been a good NEL imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    In most seasons nearly all legs had 12 hour pitstops, this season i think maybe 1, correct me if im wrong, they now seem to hold them to get a time to ensure all teams get the same flight.

Whereas previously, getting flights was very important as many more legs had teams on different flights, this season just a flight to germany which they barely mentioned anyway, and last season i think teams got the same flights in all but the Cambodia leg. Compared to AR12 where teams got different flights to Holland, Croatia, Japan and Taiwan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They will do that for some legs but i don't think it would physically be possible to plan that far ahead everytime. I don't know for definite but i'd be pretty surprised if they could wait until the penultimate team has made it to the pitstop before deciding how long that particular pit stop was going to be, which they would have to do if they wanted to make sure everyone was going to be on the same flight. You'd think that they'd have to tell each team how long they will be at that pitstop for as soon they finished talking to Phil on the mat. They'd have to book the places where the tasks take place in later legs for like a week, as well as all the local people involved in them, if they kept delaying releasing the teams from the pitstop by days.

Imo they are getting on the same flight this season because of the locations - they can't have many flights going to Seychelles in a week; no long distance self driving - one of the main ways that teams get well ahead/behind; as well as the producers interfering to make it like that whenever possible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it was closer to 15 minutes actually

edit: 11 might be right.

Anyway, I'm not saying they were far ahead I am saying that it would have been impossible for anyone to have gotten ahead of them in my view. Even if C&C might have got the other task done a few minutes faster they still would have come 2nd in my view. It's not about the amount of lead the guys had it's that they ran the perfect leg at the perfect time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they would have beaten the detective's in leg 4 either. You have to be going some to beat those guys when the two challenges after an intersection are drinking beer and eating something :D

True, plus C&C were never very good at tasks that involved consuming something iirc....;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were 11 minutes behind. Jet was breaking cocunuts for ages and Carol got it pretty early on i think.

I would have liked to have seen more of Jody & Shannon but realistically saving them in episode 2 would have just meant they left a leg later instead. Wouldn't have liked Joe & Heidi to stay around (he seemed to be quite nasty), the sweethearts deserved to go for being stupid enough to pick a guy his size to do a high wire challenge like that. Only the leg where Monique and Shawne left would have been a good NEL imo.

In your opinion! I would have saved ANY of those 4 teams to get to know them a bit better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True, plus C&C were never very good at tasks that involved consuming something iirc....;)

I have a vague memory of Colin doing a decent job eating a giant egg. However, not being very good doesn't quite give Christie's attempt to eat the caviar justice :D
    In your opinion! I would have saved ANY of those 4 teams to get to know them a bit better.

Obviously, but i think the majority of the people watching the show will be glad they had the 1st NEL when they did as its unlikely that the cowboys would have been saved if they hadn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a vague memory of Colin doing a decent job eating a giant egg.

He did a horrible job of it!:eek:

They went from first to second and only held on to second because of the lead they had held going in to the task!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0um6Asxz28&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae9LEJhoxSI&feature=related

Though in comparison to the Christie he did okay!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He did a horrible job of it!:eek:

They went from first to second and only held on to second because of the lead they had held going in to the task!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0um6Asxz28&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae9LEJhoxSI&feature=related

Though in comparison to the Christie he did okay!:D

I said he did a decent job, not a good one :p. He could have done a great job eating the egg and i still think Chip would have beaten him in that task.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said he did a decent job, not a good one :p. He could have done a great job eating the egg and i still think Chip would have beaten him in that task.

well the second part is true, since Chip is the King of the food task of all time ever never to be beaten! :D

But Colin did do very poorly on that challenge....his biggest mistake was to cook the eggs more, that would have made them harder to swallow because they had no moisture left in them. The Bowling mums had been on a coach an hour behind Colin and left about two minutes after he did (and that was in real time not just editing), with Brendon and Nicole hot on there heels. That proves he did poorly. Anyway we digress! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Obviously, but i think the majority of the people watching the show will be glad they had the 1st NEL when they did as its unlikely that the cowboys would have been saved if they hadn't.

That's kind of irrelevant though. It was just luck that the NEL came on the same leg they came last on. If they'd have come last on one of the first 4 legs you'd still have lost them.. And then you might be saying you are glad that one of the other teams is still in it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well the second part is true, since Chip is the King of the food task of all time ever never to be beaten! :D

But Colin did do very poorly on that challenge....his biggest mistake was to cook the eggs more, that would have made them harder to swallow because they had no moisture left in them. The Bowling mums had been on a coach an hour behind Colin and left about two minutes after he did (and that was in real time not just editing), with Brendon and Nicole hot on there heels. That proves he did poorly. Anyway we digress! :D

You're probably right. That was the 1st season i ever watched and i've seen pretty much every season since then so my memory of individual tasks in that season is patchy at best.
    That's kind of irrelevant though. It was just luck that the NEL came on the same leg they came last on. If they'd have come last on one of the first 4 legs you'd still have lost them.. And then you might be saying you are glad that one of the other teams is still in it.

I doubt it, its very rare that a team i like is saved by a NEL. Jon & Kelly, Kynt & Vxysin and the Cha Cha Cha's are the only other examples i can think of and two of them left the next episode anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I doubt it, its very rare that a team i like is saved by a NEL. Jon & Kelly, Kynt & Vxysin and the Cha Cha Cha's are the only other examples i can think of and two of them left the next episode anyway.

your right there, it does quite often seem to be teams you'd love to get rid of that are saved by NEL: BJ and Tyler saved twice bt NEL and
    then going on to win!!!!