Birthday on first day of holiday - cake help - Tenerife

toogoodfortvtoogoodfortv Posts: 6,536
Forum Member
Hi

I'm going to Tenerife in 6 weeks with a group of friends for a friends birthday. We've booked through Thomas Cook.

We arrive morning time on the actual day of her birthday. I'd like to arrange to get a cake made from somewhere in the town. Two of the friends are going a few days before us - same hotel.

What's the best way to do this? I can't seem to get contact details or an email for the hotel - is this cos it is a package holiday through Thomas Cook? Am I best contacting them to see if they can help somehow? It's a big birthday, so wanted it to be a bit extra special.

I could get a cake made here but taking it on plane and travelling would just ruin it!

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Thanks
:)

Comments

• Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you know the name of the hotel?
  • toogoodfortvtoogoodfortv Posts: 6,536
    Forum Member
    Keefy-boy wrote: »
    Do you know the name of the hotel?

Yeh I have it here. Managed to find the hotel's own website... however I can get it in English but when I click contact it changes to Spanish and then I change it back to English and it takes me to the home screen.

They have a contact form, albeit in Spanish, I could maybe fill that out and ask... if they could have some champagne when we arrive, ...if they could give us details of a local bakery or if they could arrange something .. don't want a standard cake, want a personalised one ..

Hmm

This might be difficult.
  • sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    Couldn't the two friends who are going out early do some legwork and order the cake and champers for when you get there?
    Forum Member
    sadmuppet wrote: »
    Couldn't the two friends who are going out early do some legwork and order the cake and champers for when you get there?

I'm going to get in touch with one of them today...I'm thinking if the hotel can help me out with some local bakeries (english speaking hehe) and I could place the order, then the two friends could arrange to collect and have it in our rooms for arrival. Suppose that could be a plan.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sadmuppet wrote: »

Yep get the friends who are out there a bit earlier to sort it all out.

They can source a local bakery or ask the concierge?

If all else fails just pick somewhere to go out for dinner that first night (use Tripadvisor) email them and ask them to do the cake?
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do T cook have a tour rep there ? They usually have all sorts of local info .
    Forum Member
    Yep get the friends who are out there a bit earlier to sort it all out.

They can source a local bakery or ask the concierge?

If all else fails just pick somewhere to go out for dinner that first night (use Tripadvisor) email them and ask them to do the cake?

Good idea for a back up plan :)
    benjamini wrote: »
    Do T cook have a tour rep there ? They usually have all sorts of local info .

Great idea - think I'll call in the shop I booked from .. have to stop in anyway to provide some info so good idea to check that out.