Options

Mr Bean

Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Am I the only who found it unfunny back in the day??

Comments

• Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't matter. He's bean and gone, now, hasn't he?
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some find things funny, some don't... I think Mr. Bean was great, gentle harmless fun.
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Its on ITV2 right now. I still find it funny but its down to Rowan Atkinson's facial expressions and brilliants timing more than anything. We have had the exam one, the Church one (with Richard Briers, God bless him) and the beach one amongst others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And now Roger Lloyd Pack has popped up playing a waiter.
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,102
    Forum Member
    He was back last night in a new Comic relief sketch. It was basically Mr Bean goes to a funeral. Ok but nothing special.
  • Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter. He's bean and gone, now, hasn't he?

Nope was on last night
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a kid I used to always find it funny as...nice gentle harmless fun. Also, I do still find it funny now
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it and still enjoy watching it when it's on.
  • Options
    darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good to see the original show not the animated version for once
  • Options
    Martyn1Martyn1 Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Bean looked a bloody mess today on ITV2 now they have butchered it to fit 16:9. The picture looked soft and blurry and several heads were chopped off.

I'm sure the last time it was on ITV3 it was still shown in 4:3 stretchy vision on SD, and with the thick black bars on HD as per most 4:3 stuff.

Why ITV insist on messing with things!?!? As bad as C4 butchering the snowman.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose Mr Bean is sort of funny sometimes. It didn't have me laughing out loud much though, just smiling. I only watched it if it was on the channel that I had turned over to. I certainly wouldn't have looked for when it was on.
  • Options
    pokemasterpokemaster Posts: 1,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was some of Mr. Bean on last night on Comic Relief, but don't think I liked it because it was at a funeral.... and I really used to enjoy it back in the day.
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is fun for all the family i remember a relative of mine went to the cinema to see the film with his 85 year old dad, his 55 year old wife and his 2 sons and their girlfriends who were all in there 20's
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Preferred Rowan in Blackadder but I didn't mind Bean.

Loved the film though
  • Options
    abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    How could any right-minded adult find a show aimed at infants remotely funny?
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abarthman wrote: »

It is simple comedy for all ages
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'll have you know that Spongebob Squarepants is hilarious.
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great observational humour however last nights comic relief episode was poor! Would love a new series if the writing was better as it seems Rowan can still get back into character.
  • Options
    VicsMumVicsMum Posts: 5,666
    Forum Member
    I love that one that he is in line to greet the Queen and ends up headbutting her.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I loved it when I was a kid :D Brilliant slapstick and mime/silent style comedy :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    VicsMum wrote: »
    I love that one that he is in line to greet the Queen and ends up headbutting her.

That one was on today. Both episodes aired on ITV2 today are on ITV Player.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I've always loved it and I grew up watching it. I've watched some of the animated series as well but I prefer the live action ones. My favourites are the DIY one, the hotel one, the one where he goes shopping in Allders (remember them? :D) and the restaurant one, but I love them all :cool:
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I loved the Christmas one, and the one where he's at the dentist and tries to make the kid look like he's pissed himself so he can read his comic :D
  • Options
    Hank SchraderHank Schrader Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I apologise for finding Mr Bean Funny, clearly I am not right-minded. I will mention it to my Doctor next time I visit him... :confused:

PS, the episode in the restaurant where he says "he really is the most appalling man" sum's up my first impressions of certain members on this site. Not good.
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What about the adults who commissioned the show and producers/directors that brought it to the screen?