Person of Interest S4: US Pace (Spoilers)

12345679»

Comments

• Gaz22Gaz22 Posts: 18,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty good season ender. Season 4 probably didn't reach the heights of previous seasons but an average episode of POI is still better than most of the stuff out there. I loved Harold's interaction with the machine at the end. On the other side, I also liked the way Samaritan showed just what it's capable of with the "correction". Elias and Dominic squabbling with their gang warfare and Samaritan let them do it. But all it took was Samaritan to correct a few things and both gang bosses were easily taken out. I think it shows just how powerful the system is.

A few questions though. Do you think the corrections were only those that we were shown or do you reckon other "assets" of the machine were taken out too? Oh and was the hitman who took out Elias and Dom supposed to be familiar to us? John gave him a knowing look and it lingered on him a few times.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 'Correction' wasn't the 'Judgment Day' event I thought it might have been,
  • Toffee GuyToffee Guy Posts: 2,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty good finale but not as spectacular as I thought it would be, nor did it contain as many twists as I thought it might.

I really fear that this show will not be renewed for a 5th season though.

Last night's season finale was watched by 8.18m, making it the least watched episode in the entire 4 seasons. As far as omens go ahead of renewal/cancellation period, it couldn't be any worse.

Would not surprise me at all if they cancelled it, as there's clearly a huge question mark on if it has run its course. At its' peak 2 seasons ago, it was being watched by nearly double that.

Hopefully they do get one more season, and a chance to tie up all the storylines.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elias may not be dead... He wasn't shot in the head like Dominic was (IIRC), plus he was still (barely) breathing when we last saw him. Still a chance...

Samaritan's plan reminded me of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but smaller scale.
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Far too reminiscent of the season 3 finale for me, on the back of a rather disappointing season altogether.

The end of Season 3 was supposed to be the end of the world as we knew it, but really it wasn't that much different in the end. I'll bet that little suitcase will miraculously still generate a case of the week next season !!!

Season 3 was fantastic..It's a shame to see standards drop so much.
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eggshell wrote: »
    Season 3 was fantastic..It's a shame to see standards drop so much.
    I agree.

Season 3 was the pinnacle of POI, and although I knew it would be a hard act to follow, this season just hasn't kept me interested.
    I thought the season finale was doing ok until the end, which imo was very poor, and I found the whole 'father' bit from the machine all rather cringeworthy and laughable. The choice of accompanying music was poor too, I hated it and I just wanted it to end.

Compare that to the the simple ending of Season One for example, with John in the street talking to the machine about finding Harold and then you have the awesome score from Ramin Djawadi playing out when the phone rings. That just blew me away and left me desperate for more, but this ending just left me really not caring at all.

I never thought I'd say it after the awesome Season 3, but I think they need to look at ending this now. Perhaps another season to tie it all up, but it's being stretched out too far and some of the storylines are just getting boring and beyond ridiculous.

Such a shame, POI deserves better.
  • ThorneyThorney Posts: 3,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That looks like the plan Season 5 will be 13 episodes and will probably be the last unless something miraculous happens. They should just go mental like Fringe did with their last season,all killer no filler and end the story properly.
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    I can't believe it is not getting a full season . It is still a lot better than a lot of shows on to at the moment .
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »
    I can't believe it is not getting a full season . It is still a lot better than a lot of shows on to at the moment .

Exactly. At its worst it's still better than 80% of other TV shows. At its best, it's easily one of the best.

Most are assuming it will be cancelled. Lost ran for a few series after they cut it to 13 episodes. So hopefully POI does too.

Still in hoping since it is just 13 episodes it's all killer no filler which imho is what was lacking last series. Lasts series was more filler than killer. There was no need for the entire Dominic storyline. Or the chick obsessively switching sides etc. And whilst I love Shaw I think too much time was wasted on the search for her. I don't understand why the Machine will happily give instructions and where about a of random numbers but wouldn't tell Root where Shaw was.
  • welshblobwelshblob Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    Most are assuming it will be cancelled. Lost ran for a few series after they cut it to 13 episodes. So hopefully POI does too.

No the shorter lost seasons were due to a deal between the networks and the producers/writers as the latter had only so much story to tell and didn't want filler. The network would have taken as much as they could have got. CBS who shows poi are not the full owners of the show unlike the others they have and so it won't be given the same leeway.

This season has felt a bit all over the shop and not as good with the fact the team are on the back foot, new baddie Dominic and Samaritan taking control. There were some good aspects of the Samaritan storyline as in the wider things it was trying to achieve. However it lost its edge and being a step above the other shows out there. I'm not sure I like root as a permanent fixture as she is too smug and better in small doses.

I'm really not sure where its heading, which I guess is a good thing. However I hope they wrap it up well.
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welshblob wrote: »
    No the shorter lost seasons were due to a deal between the networks and the producers/writers as the latter had only so much story to tell and didn't want filler. The network would have taken as much as they could have got. CBS who shows poi are not the full owners of the show unlike the others they have and so it won't be given the same leeway.

This season has felt a bit all over the shop and not as good with the fact the team are on the back foot, new baddie Dominic and Samaritan taking control. There were some good aspects of the Samaritan storyline as in the wider things it was trying to achieve. However it lost its edge and being a step above the other shows out there. I'm not sure I like root as a permanent fixture as she is too smug and better in small doses.

I'm really not sure where its heading, which I guess is a good thing. However I hope they wrap it up well.

And here's me thinking I was the only one.
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    I prefer Shaw to Root which I why I was gutted Shaw was written out .
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be relevant, but just reading the DS article where JJ Abrams says he expecteds Season 5 of Person of Interest to be the last - there's actually been no official announcement on it's future according to this, but JJ expects it to be cancelled.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/person-of-interest/news/a779420/jj-abrams-says-person-of-interest-likely-to-be-cancelled-after-this-season/
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems to be relevant, but just reading the DS article where JJ Abrams says he expecteds Season 5 of Person of Interest to be the last - there's actually been no official announcement on it's future according to this, but JJ expects it to be cancelled.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/person-of-interest/news/a779420/jj-abrams-says-person-of-interest-likely-to-be-cancelled-after-this-season/

Thanks for the link Jason.

Frankly thought season 4 was wasted, so hope they manage a good ending.