Will Captain Jack ever meet the 11th Doctor?

OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
Forum Member
✭✭
Would really love to see this. Jack had a different relationship with 9 and 10. Wonder what his one with 11 would be like. I actually think they'd get on eachother's nerves. Thoughts?

Comments

• FacepalmerFacepalmer Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    Would be good if Jack said "he's not my type anymore".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I would like to see it...wonder how #11 (and Rory) would react to him hitting on Amy - cause you know he would!
  • TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It depends which Jack shows up, the 'old' one or the post-CoE one who RTD destroyed enough to run away half across the universe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I would like to see it...wonder how #11 (and Rory) would react to him hitting on Amy - cause you know he would!

Or Amy's reaction to Jack hitting on Rory and ignoring her ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack's one of those characters that I would like to see come back for a couple of episodes every now and again so I'd lik to see him meet the 11th Doctor but not untill the end of the series
  • Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'd love to see Captain Jack and the Doctor back together for an episode or 2. He's the only character from the previous series I'd like to see come back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Nevermind those two; Captain Jack and River Song anyone? :cool:
    Forum Member
    Nevermind those two; Captain Jack and River Song anyone? :cool:

Now that would be funny if they turned out to be ex-lovers :D
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    Facepalmer wrote: »

I agree that would be good, but only cos it might mean Jack would disappear and we wouldn't have to put up with his annoying character ever again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That would never happen, does our captain actually have a type or does he go for anything with a heartbeat?
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Now that would be funny if they turned out to be ex-lovers :D

According to one of the DWC, River's gun in SITL/FOTD used to belong to Jack, so they probably bumped into each other
    in the past.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to one of the DWC, River's gun in SITL/FOTD used to belong to Jack, so they probably bumped into each other
    in the past.

Or she found it in the back of the TARDIS
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really would love to see this.

It sort of reminds me of The Brigadier every time he reappeared with a new Doctor. You wonder how he would get on. To this day, I wonder what his relationship would be like with the Sixth Doctor. Shame they never met. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It sort of reminds me of The Brigadier every time he reappeared with a new Doctor. You wonder how he would get on. To this day, I wonder what his relationship would be like with the Sixth Doctor. Shame they never met. :(

That's one of the biggest shames they never brought the Brigadier back for the Sontaran two parter in series 4 even for a small appearance to see him work with the 10th doctor
    Forum Member
    in the past.
    Or she found it in the back of the TARDIS

Wonder if she found the one he had hidden in Bad Wolf :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Steve wrote: »
    That's one of the biggest shames they never brought the Brigadier back for the Sontaran two parter in series 4 even for a small appearance to see him work with the 10th doctor

Could never work out why they got him in for the SJA but not for Doctor Who itself. As you say, it was a shame as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    No prizes for guessing my view. Captain Jack back - yeah and I'd love to see him and River but you know you just want him to say hello to Amy or Rory and for the Doctor to say 'stop it!'
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They did-Colin Baker and Nick Courtney worked together in the Big Finish audio 'The Spectre of Lanyon Moor', which details the Brigadier's first meeting with the sixth Doctor. On screen, they appeared together in the Childre In Need special Dimensions In Time: in fact, the scene was specifically included so that Courtney could keep his record of having worked with every Doctor intact!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They did-Colin Baker and Nick Courtney worked together in the Big Finish audio 'The Spectre of Lanyon Moor', which details the Brigadier's first meeting with the sixth Doctor. On screen, they appeared together in the Childre In Need special Dimensions In Time: in fact, the scene was specifically included so that Courtney could keep his record of having worked with every Doctor intact!

Yeah, I know that but how much better would it had been if it had been during his own era? And as for Dimensions In Time, it raises that canon debate again doesn't it?!!!!!! :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could never work out why they got him in for the SJA but not for Doctor Who itself. As you say, it was a shame as well.
    Because he hasn't been well in recent years and wasn't up to doing it at the time he'd have been needed for filming. That's why he doesn't get involved in much of the action in his SJA story, and why Mike Yates and not the Brig appears in the recent Tom Baker audios. The man is eighty and has had a stroke, he's in good shape for his age but a hectic filming schedule like that would be strenuous for someone twenty years younger!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I know that but how much better would it had been if it had been during his own era? And as for Dimensions In Time, it raises that canon debate again doesn't it?!!!!!! :D:D:D

No-DIT is the one story nobody wants to consider official. for most of us, it's bad enough we had to watch it once...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No-DIT is the one story nobody wants to consider official. for most of us, it's bad enough we had to watch it once...

Yes, still don't know WTF it is about!!!!! :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because he hasn't been well in recent years and wasn't up to doing it at the time he'd have been needed for filming. That's why he doesn't get involved in much of the action in his SJA story, and why Mike Yates and not the Brig appears in the recent Tom Baker audios. The man is eighty and has had a stroke, he's in good shape for his age but a hectic filming schedule like that would be strenuous for someone twenty years younger!

I wasn't thinking like how he would have appeared in the Pertwee or baker years. I was thinking maybe a couple of scenes here and there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, still don't know WTF it is about!!!!! :D:D:D

It's about thirteen minutes...

Embarrassingly, both parts of Dimensions In Time got over 13 million viewers, making them among the highest rated 'episodes' of Doctor Who ever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Steve wrote: »
    I wasn't thinking like how he would have appeared in the Pertwee or baker years. I was thinking maybe a couple of scenes here and there.

I know. And he was considered, I gather-he just wasn't up to it at the time. Even a couple of scenes involves being on set for several hours.