Options

Alison King to take a break from Coronation Street

1235»

Comments

• Options
    itsJoeitsJoe Posts: 2,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a sabbatical, she'll be back in 2016 thankfully.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 322
    Forum Member
    faded wrote: »
    I think the fact it's front page news says it all really. Massive loss to the show, she's by some distance the best actress on the show

She really is, hopefully she will come back, but if she gets lots of work elsewhere then she might not. Corrie don't deserve her at the moment, not when it's in this state. I have expected this to happen, surprised it has not happened before now. Can't say I'm not gutted though
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope it's only a short break. Great character and actor; definitely one of the soap's strongest points at the moment.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good for her. Likely sick of the dreadful scripts. Plus Carla has been a walking daze since the Rob reveal. Allison deserves better.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Disaster for Corrie. It can ill-afford to lose an actress of her caliber at the moment.
    A disaster for Corrie; we have so many poor players in the show at present that we can't afford to lose a professional like Alison King. I hope her absence is only temporary.
  • Options
    m-riverm-river Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Redhead69 wrote: »
    Nice, if for once, they left on a positive note instead of going to jail. I would like to see Carla expand her business elsewhere and leave Michelle and the other girl in charge of the factory. This would explain her absence for however long. Why do exits always have to be miserable. I thought it was a good idea. It would let Michelle have something different away from the pub.

i kind of wish she was leaving permanently and not just a break because i think corrie will never be as good as it was and she's far too good for that show. i would've liked for her to like expand her business in LA as she spends more time there and would've been pretty realistic just leaving on high note to open up a business stateside and leaving weatherfield behind. i hear they are gonna give her a gripping exit, so that better happen
  • Options
    Minnie NinjaMinnie Ninja Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Permanent hopefully. They have taken the character as far as she can go but thats just my opinion.

There are many others I would like to leave before her.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good for her. Likely sick of the dreadful scripts. Plus Carla has been a walking daze since the Rob reveal. Allison deserves better.

Rob left 5 months ago. The whole show doesn't revolve around Carla.

People act like in the 55 year history in the show actors have never taken a break. This isn't even her first time either.

The show coped when she was off most of the year in 2009, and again for the later part of 2012. I am sure it will survive without her.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you to the moderators for amending the title.

Rob left 5 months ago. The whole show doesn't revolve around Carla.

People act like in the 55 year history in the show actors have never taken a break. This isn't even her first time either.

The show coped when she was off most of the year in 2009, and again for the later part of 2012. I am sure it will survive without her.

Absolutely.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    It's a break, she has had one before
    This is different to before as she is leaving to do other things so will be away for a year minimum.

If she is available to take on other work that indicates she will be out of contract, meaning it is not a break. It's only a 'break' in the sense that she's going to stop doing something that she intends to return to one day but nothing is guaranteed. During her previous absences, I presume she was still under contract and we knew a rough timeframe of when she'd be back.
    itsJoe wrote: »
    Just a sabbatical, she'll be back in 2016 thankfully.
    That hasn't been said. She is not even leaving until "some point" in 2016.