Comments

• alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    That is never her!

it is!! Shocking isnt it - cheekbones, and everything!! :eek::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's fine, it's not like she's meant to be an amazing complex character she's just 'the nice lady behind the bar' it seems and she does that well.
  • princesstinprincesstin Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alienpanda wrote: »
    To me - It's like they've recast Betty with a 50 year old Black Woman

Except Betty was actually likeable. And I say this as a 30 year old black woman. Please let me not be like Mandy in 20 years' time! :eek:
    Oh, when she was giving Karl a dirty look and saying "Sinita isn't here" in yesterdays episode. Does she even know Sinita? Who is she to judge someone she hardly knows?

Also when she left the Rovers and said to Stella: "I'm off now, Tina's in at 5". Surely Stella knows what time Tina is in? She does the rota's!

Apart from her nosiness, this is the kind of thing that really grinds my gears when it comes to Mandy. Yes, Stella knows Tina's on at 5! Stella's the chuffing landlady so she probably did the pigging rota!

Oh and by the way, I despise any extremely nosy character in soap. I cannot stand Norris and I threw a party when Colleen left Home & Away. Stella is also too nosy and interfering for her own good so at least she's getting a taste of her own medicine.
    The actress has put on a lot of weight - this is her in 2007

http://www.jamati.com/online/film/pamela-nomvete/

Again, please don't let me change too much over the years. :cry: Actually, this is great motivation for me to eat more healthily. :o
    Forum Member
    She's fine, it's not like she's meant to be an amazing complex character she's just 'the nice lady behind the bar' it seems and she does that well.

Like I said earlier, it's as if they have basically recast Betty
    Forum Member
    Except Betty was actually likeable. And I say this as a 30 year old black woman. Please let me not be like Mandy in 20 years' time! :eek:

Apart from her nosiness, this is the kind of thing that really grinds my gears when it comes to Mandy. Yes, Stella knows Tina's on at 5! Stella's the chuffing landlady so she probably did the pigging rota!

Oh and by the way, I despise any extremely nosy character in soap. I cannot stand Norris and I threw a party when Colleen left Home & Away. Stella is also too nosy and interfering for her own good so at least she's getting a taste of her own medicine.

Again, please don't let me change too much over the years. :cry: Actually, this is great motivation for me to eat more healthily. :o

I didn't read into that much, I just saw that as polite small talk as she was leaving for the day
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't read into that much, I just saw that as polite small talk as she was leaving for the day

Fair enough; I'm probably just too irritable. I take real life too seriously, let alone a soap. :D
    Forum Member
    Fair enough; I'm probably just too irritable. I take real life too seriously, let alone a soap. :D

:D:D:D
  • ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is never her in 2007, no one could change that much in 5 years. The person in the photo is too young, Mandy's about 50, so how could she look so young , slim and gorgeous 5 years ago. :confused: I'm not saying it isn't her, but it was certainly a long time ago !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry, only just read the blurb under the dumbfounding picture. This is my favourite bit:
    She gained noterity in the South African soap opera Generations. Her character Ntsiki Lukhele was so convincing that she was slapped in the face for it by someone in a restaurant because they didn’t like her character!

It reminds me of Kate Ford saying that someone on a train refused to sit next to her because she plays Tracyluv. :D
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Pamela will get slapped again for playing Mandy!?!?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Pamela will get slapped again for playing Mandy!?!?

:D Heh heh, I guess it depends how many Corrie fans can actually tell the difference between the actors and their fictional characters.

If a lot of fans can't, then I fear for the likes of Ali King. :eek: I love Carla but she has been getting a lot of hate on Twitter. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member

Omfg :eek:
  • RixionRixion Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe she's been preparing 5 years for this part
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    If you look at the images on google her pictures are all over the place so this stark difference isn't that surprising. Some people in real life are like that, up and down with weight etc.

I like the character anyway and am pleased she's become involved so quickly. I really hope she gets some interesting story line as pretty sure she could carry most things off.