Options

An idea for an Eastenders flashback special...

StubeStube Posts: 16,839
Forum Member
✭✭
I think it'd be really interesting doing an hour long flashback episode focusing on the young adulthood of Babe, Sylvie, Queenie and Stan. They are all such bold and interesting characters and the relationship Babe, Sylvie and Stan have is compelling. It could be set in the 70s and maybe even feature a young Cora who didn't know them at the time but could have briefly spoke to them.

Comments

• Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I would love this. It would also show the dynamic of the Carters and Trotts at that point. We could see a young Shirley, Buster, Hev and Tina and see the circumstances surrounding Mick's birth in the caravan and the stair incident. We could see Sylvie as a mother, drunk Stan, and also see what happened in Ramsgate between Babe, Sylvie and Queenie actually play out. It would be fabulous.
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    I would love this. It would also show the dynamic of the Carters and Trotts at that point. We could see a young Shirley, Buster, Hev and Tina and see the circumstances surrounding Mick's birth in the caravan and the stair incident. We could see Sylvie as a mother, drunk Stan, and also see what happened in Ramsgate between Babe, Sylvie and Queenie actually play out. It would be fabulous.

Exactly! :D And as this forum knows, DTC loves the Carters so it could happen. There is so much history mentioned that a flashback special could allow the audience to see it themselves.
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    I would like this too as it would be interesting to see what they were like as young people.

It would make a good spin-off ep!
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be like the one EastEnders did with Pat & Mo back in 2004.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    That's actually a really good idea! Kat and Alfie are getting a spinoff show and we all know how much DTC loves the Carter's so it's not impossible!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stube wrote: »
    Exactly! :D And as this forum knows, DTC loves the Carters so it could happen. There is so much history mentioned that a flashback special could allow the audience to see it themselves.

It would be brilliant, I would watch it. It would be good to see those years actually played out!
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This sounds like a great idea.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the idea is good for a red button/online special. I wouldn't like to see it as part of the show proper.
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Great idea! I also like the idea of a Cora cameo. Stan did say he once might have met Cora at pub in the Old Kent Rd, but I think they left it there because they didn't want to embellish on yet another contrived convenience.
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Or, Babe just describes what happened in Ramsgate. :)
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this idea :)
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    Love this.
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this would be great - Babe, Stan and Sylvie are such brilliant characters and their past sounds really interesting :D
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 139,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This would be boring imo
  • Options
    VIP101VIP101 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think we actually need another flashback episode. It could work as a one off spin off like Mo and Pat but might not get many viewers as not many people are invested in Babe. I personally wouldn't tune in unless it's on in the background.

But a flashback normal EE episode to slot in the week wouldn't work. Babe's just like the other weirdos who have had secret in their past but we didn't get flashback episodes for them.

I hope DTC isn't reading this thread he might think we are all invested in Babe and the Carters and might start shoving them down our throats even more!! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see it as an online special.