Alfie just cannot help himself, can he (Spoilers for EE)

KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,275
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Gives out a free, expensive looking item to Sonia/Tina, then upon being asked if Ian had knowledge, lied before stating that if Ian didn't know about it, it wouldn't hurt.

Surely he must know that Ian does absolutely stringent checks on the stock levels. Ian went out on a limb and took a chance on Alfie and told him that he had to behave and do things properly to keep his job.

Comments

• EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does this really surprise you? The man is a liar and a conman.

I loathe Alfie. I might have to stop watching until he has disappeared off to the spin off.
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member

I loathe Alfie. I might have to stop watching until he has disappeared off to the spin off.

Tara then!:p
    Forum Member
    Gives out a free, expensive looking item to Sonia/Tina, then upon being asked if Ian had knowledge, lied before stating that if Ian didn't know about it, it wouldn't hurt.

Surely he must know that Ian does absolutely stringent checks on the stock levels. Ian went out on a limb and took a chance on Alfie and told him that he had to behave and do things properly to keep his job.

I know, the cheeky get!

He has a point though because Ian's worth a few bob isn't he? And anyway talk about Alfie being a liar and a conman because the Beales are so squeaky clean aren't they? At least Alfie hasn't slept with a prostitute (more than once) and he and Kat aren't harbouring a killer and Kat hasn't put a much loved dying child into the boot of a car and dumped her on Walford Common!:p

It's high time Phil gave Ian another flushing!

Ah well, when Ian finds out he'll be livid for a few seconds and then Jane will talk him round and anyway she saw it didn't she? So surely she would have said something!

Makes no difference to Alfie anyway as he's buggering off to Ireland with Kat so the tight-fisted weasel can go kiss his arse!:p:p
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is basically a poor man's Del Boy after all. He can't resist a good scam when the opportunity arises. You can take the market trader out of the East End, you can't take the East End out of the market trader. Lovely jubbly and all that.
    Forum Member
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    He is basically a poor man's Del Boy after all. So he can't resist a good scam when the opportunity arises. Lovely jubbly and all that.

He's based on Del Boy isn't he? Lol! DB makes me laugh!:-D

Anyway this time on Friday Alfie might be a millionaire!
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member

He ruins the episodes that he's in. He's like a spare part and I'm so glad he's leaving for a while. Anything can happen and hopefully he'll be written out altogether. It's a shame he's in the spin off. I'd rather have seen a Kat spin off with her son.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know, the cheeky get!

He has a point though because Ian's worth a few bob isn't he? And anyway talk about Alfie being a liar and a conman because the Beales are so squeaky clean aren't they? At least Alfie hasn't slept with a prostitute (more than once) and he and Kat aren't harbouring a killer and Kat hasn't put a much loved dying child into the boot of a car and dumped her on Walford Common!:p

Ah well, when Ian finds out he'll be livid for a few seconds and then Jane will talk him round and anyway she saw it didn't she? So surely she would have said something!

Makes no difference to Alfie anyway as he's buggering off to Ireland with Kat so the tight-fisted weasel can go kiss his arse!:p:p

So if somebody has a bit of money or isn't whiter than white in their behaviour, it's OK to rip them off? I'm no fan of Ian but for somebody who was so desperate for a job and told to not mess it up, it just smacks of the usual Alfie "look at my belt, everybody knows me" Moon arrogance that makes the character so easy to hate.
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry evilredzebra and pink smurf because I haven't read your posts because I have felt the need to put you both on ignore, nothing personal intended because I am sure you're both really lovely people and it's ok to disagree but the arguing is getting a bit much!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Anyway this time on Friday Alfie might be a millionaire!

Yep. i believe he was. :)
    Spencer was meant to be Rodney I think :p. A shame they didn't recast the role as I think Alfie needs a younger brother/relative around. He was at his most likeable when he was looking after Spencer and Nana Moon.

Haha, seeing as this is Alfie, he'll probably end up losing all the money :D.
    Forum Member
    Spencer was meant to be Rodney I think :p. A shame they didn't recast the role as I think Alfie needs a younger brother/relative around. He was at his most likeable when he was looking after Spencer and Nana Moon.

Yeah!

I loved Alfie's relationship with Spencer it was so cute and Alfie would call Spencer a 'plum' which always made me laugh!:-D

And yeah, it's possible that the buffoon will lose the money on some daft scam and he and Kar will return to Walford skint again!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry evilredzebra and pink smurf because I haven't read your posts because I have felt the need to put you both on ignore, nothing personal intended because I am sure you're both really lovely people and it's ok to disagree but the arguing is getting a bit much!

Have to say I find it quite disappointing that somebody can't cope with an opinion that differs from theirs in a discussion forum. But I suppose if you are defending the indefensible that is the only option. Shame.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I hated Spencer (mainly down to bad acting) but think Nana Moon was a lovely character. The other additions to the family since then have been disasters - apart from Michael who thankfully had nothing much to do with his idiotic sort of cousin. So I think Alfie would do better with some family of his own rather than always being in Kat's shadow. While he is with her I genuinely think he will only ever be the sidekick as Kat (because of the brilliance of Jessie) is the star.
  • Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I usually stick up for Alfie quite a lot, but I have to agree. It goes further than giving out freebies, he gave out freebies to Ian's cousin's (and he must know this since he was willing to give the stall to Martin and paint himself as the bad guy to help Martin out) ex (who left said cousin) and her girlfriend.

Maybe it's a plot device to get him sacked and lead up to the exits.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah!

I loved Alfie's relationship with Spencer it was so cute and Alfie would call Spencer a 'plum' which always made me laugh!:-D

Lol yeah, it reminded me of Del Boy when he'd call Rodney a "plonker" :D.

Nana Moon also reminded me of Uncle Albert :p.
  • dottzie38dottzie38 Posts: 1,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to find some posters can not help themselves if they don't like a character they seem to think everyone should feel the same way as them and really don't like it when they don't.
    Not just Alfie it happens across the board on all soaps :).
    I for one love Alfie and nothing or no one will ever change my mind
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dottzie38 wrote: »
    I tend to find some posters can not help themselves if they don't like a character they seem to think everyone should feel the same way as them and really don't like it when they don't.
    Not just Alfie it happens across the board on all soaps :).
    I for one love Alfie and nothing or no one will ever change my mind

I think on this forum it happens the other way round just as much. God help anybody who has a word of criticism for certain posters' favourites!

My problem with Alfie is 100% down to the way the character is written. I'm not a fan of the cheeky chappy act but would find that absolutely fine (admittedly in small doses) if we weren't expected to completely ignore any negative aspects of his character. And I'd be fine with exploring the negative side of his character if we weren't then expected to love and forgive him, while other characters are villified for the duration of their time on the show. It's incredibly frustrating - if I was Shane Richie I'd be so fed up. He has the ability to really excel with the meatier stuff but just isn't allowed to see it through.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hated Spencer (mainly down to bad acting) but think Nana Moon was a lovely character. The other additions to the family since then have been disasters - apart from Michael who thankfully had nothing much to do with his idiotic sort of cousin. So I think Alfie would do better with some family of his own rather than always being in Kat's shadow. While he is with her I genuinely think he will only ever be the sidekick as Kat (because of the brilliance of Jessie) is the star.

Yes, I agree, the character of Spencer was let down by poor acting unfortunately. I would've preferred they brought him back with a new actor in the role, instead of bringing in those two planks Tylers and Anthony who added nothing to the Moon family.

Indeed. I do feel Alfie has suffered being in Kat's shadow. His whole character is based around his and Kat's imbalanced relationship, where she continually cheats on him and he accepts it. When Alfie had Nana and Spencer by his side, it gave him a chance to stand on his own two feet as a character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think on this forum it happens the other way round just as much. God help anybody who has a word of criticism for certain posters' favourites!

My problem with Alfie is 100% down to the way the character is written. I'm not a fan of the cheeky chappy act but would find that absolutely fine (admittedly in small doses) if we weren't expected to completely ignore any negative aspects of his character. And I'd be fine with exploring the negative side of his character if we weren't then expected to love and forgive him, while other characters are villified for the duration of their time on the show. It's incredibly frustrating - if I was Shane Richie I'd be so fed up. He has the ability to really excel with the meatier stuff but just isn't allowed to see it through.

Agreed. I've on the wrong end of some right petty posters over the years because of my criticism of their favourite characters. I remember some poster started throwing his toys out of his pram because I called his precious Todd from Corrie a "nasty little knob" which is true to be fair :D. I'll never understand why some rubbish characters like that have such fanatical followings!
  • Cosmic GiftedCosmic Gifted Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could not believe it tbh. After all that fuss trying to get the job and then the thing with kat stealing the wine and now he does that. He's absolute filth. The writers are taking the piss now.
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member

Anyway this time on Friday Alfie will be a millionaire!

Slight tweak, there. We know it will happen! :p
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    Slight tweak, there. We know it will happen! :p

It's now comfirmed to be a couple so sadly Denise/Kim are elominated

This leaves (all who need money)
    Kalfie
    Mick/Linda
    Les/pam (They are still unlikley with les being away)

And the unlikley ones: (who don't need money)
    Phil/Sharon
    Shirley/buster
    Tina/Sonia
    Charlie/Ronnie
  • Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X-Digit-Xx wrote: »
    I could not believe it tbh. After all that fuss trying to get the job and then the thing with kat stealing the wine and now he does that. He's absolute filth. The writers are taking the piss now.

To be fair, he didn't know Kat had swiped the wine. He's not responsible for her actions. He shouldn't have needed telling not to be discussing his relationship in work time though.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,172
    Forum Member
    I know, the cheeky get!

With all due respect, how rich your emoloyer is or isn't doesn't come into it. Theft is theft, it doesn't matter if he had it for himself or gave it to somebody else. Tesco, Sainsburys, Marks and specers all rake the profits in, it doesn't mean it is okay for shelf stackers to help themselves to a bottle of Scotch does it.

I don't actually see how the personal comes into this - it is purely a question of having respect for your employer and them being able to trust their staff. Besides, if alfie has such a problem with Ian (and the Beales generally) then he shouldn't work for him, have stayed with him for weeks after the truth of the fire came out or be Ian's friend in general.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,172
    Forum Member
    I really hope Ian does a stock take soon and finds out about this.

That said, in my experience of working in Pubs, there are some bar staff that seem to think helping themselves to drinks (or giving them to their mates) is not theft in the way taking a fiver out of the till would be. Also that it won't be caught, provided the till reconciles to the receipts it is fine and then get a shock when there is a stock take including checking breakages and drip trays.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    With all due respect, how rich your emoloyer is or isn't doesn't come into it. Theft is theft, it doesn't matter if he had it for himself or gave it to somebody else. Tesco, Sainsburys, Marks and specers all rake the profits in, it doesn't mean it is okay for shelf stackers to help themselves to a bottle of Scotch does it.

I don't actually see how the personal comes into this - it is purely a question of having respect for your employer and them being able to trust their staff. Besides, if alfie has such a problem with Ian (and the Beales generally) then he shouldn't work for him, have stayed with him for weeks after the truth of the fire came out or be Ian's friend in general.

My point exactly. And this is the problem with the Alfie character. He was introduced as a petty criminal and that hasn't changed. Yet we are all supposed to love him because of his heart of gold. Except he hasn't actually got a heart of gold as he doesn't care who he walks all over. All he cares about is making himself look good.

Ian has been an absolutely incredible friend to him - particularly as he's dealing with the loss of his daughter (have to keep reminding myself that the other characters don't know the truth about Lucy so will still have 100% sympathy for the family!) and how does Alfie repay him?