America get Season 7 part 2 bluray set early (Merged)

Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,021
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Someone on twitter has received there blu-ray of Season 7 part 2 early. Time to avoid the internet for a week?

Big mistake from BBC America surely.

[news]'Doctor Who' finale 'The Name of the Doctor' leaked in US error[/news]

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot believe he has a copy of it and can see The Name Of The Doctor a week early its crazy!
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone said this would happen and lo! They were right. It'll be all over Daily Motion and the Torrent sites by now I expect. I shall just stay in here and the official sites until next Sunday. A disaster!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone said this would happen and lo! They were right. It'll be all over Daily Motion and the Torrent sites by now I expect. I shall just stay in here and the official sites until next Sunday. A disaster!

It isn't. I checked.

They would be an idiot to reveal they had it and then leak it.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It isn't. I checked.

But its unlikely just one has got it surely? Its the ones who don't publicize it who will put it on the web. Hope not anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But its unlikely just one has got it surely? Its the ones who don't publicize it who will put it on the web. Hope not anyway.

Yep, probably.

If they are telling the truth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, probably.

If they are telling the truth.

I hope they aren't.

Sounds like an enormous screw up on the part of BBCA if true, especially since it's been kept so secret.. Maybe it's just another part of the misinformation campaign?:confused:
  • waterlooenderswaterlooenders Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    http://untempered-schism-insta.tumblr.com/post/50255139345/so-did-anyone-else-get-their-pre-order-early

They also posted about it on GallifreyBase. Doesn't look like they'll leak - but there's a high chance that other people have got there's early to. It just depends how long it takes one of them to post it.
  • Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems like it is more than one person who has a copy. No doubt it will be online tonight or tomorrow. I will gladly wait till next Saturdays broadcast.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It just seems a bit far fetched, if it was out next week then maybe. But it is not out until the 28th.

A little part of me would enjoy seeing Moff turn his usual shade of red and go on a massive rant again. He reminds me of a little angry rumplestiltskin.

Not sure BBC America are direct the distributor of the DVDs are they?
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully anyone who has the DVD has the decency not to spoil it for everyone else who'd rather watch it when it's supposed to air.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully anyone who has the DVD has the decency not to spoil it for everyone else who'd rather watch it when it's supposed to air.

Even if they upload it, nobody is forcing anyone to watch. Not sure how they would be spoiling it.

Snippets and information will leak out, but people who really want to remain spoiler free will have to avoid forums for a week.
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,920
    Forum Member
    It just seems a bit far fetched, if it was out next week then maybe. But it is not out until the 28th.

A little part of me would enjoy seeing Moff turn his usual shade of red and go on a massive rant again. He reminds me of a little angry rumplestiltskin.

Not sure BBC America are direct the distributor of the DVDs are they?

I've never actually seen the Moff get angry.
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if they upload it, nobody is forcing anyone to watch. Not sure how they would be spoiling it.

Snippets and information will leak out, but people who really want to remain spoiler free will have to avoid forums for a week.

True, even threads that are at specific paces have idiots that put spoilers in the wrong place or thread titles (Like whole TIA Doctor story)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »
    I've never actually seen the Moff get angry.

I didn't mean we had seen him. I said his usual shade of red meaning thats what he usually looks like. Like his collar is too tight.

I put it badly, but that long rant about spoilers, the visualisation in my head is his little red face on an elfs body getting all angry and typing furiously.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There's still going to be some who is going to try thier best to spoil everything.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Ian Levine is in meltdown mode over this, it's quite entertaining :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Haha, seriously? I need to check that out.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Some people may troll everyone by posting a synopsis or the Clara reveal somewhere on here without spoiler tags...or more likely they may post it on Facebook. For some reason, I now see loads of posts about Doctor Who on my Facebook page from pages I haven't even liked and I don't know how to stop seeing them.

An even worse scenario is if loads of our American friends see it early and start to discuss it early. Thankfully, I'm fairly certain this is very unlikely.

Anyway, I'm most worried about some stray bit of information finding its way onto my Facebook page via a Doctor Who fan page I haven't even liked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member

If there is a BAFTA announcement today I wonder if it is because they knew it was impossible to keep the finale secure up to broadcast.

So today's announcement may be linked to the finale and its repercussions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people may troll everyone by posting a synopsis or the Clara reveal somewhere on here without spoiler tags...or more likely they may post it on Facebook. For some reason, I now see loads of posts about Doctor Who on my Facebook page from pages I haven't even liked and I don't know how to stop seeing them.

An even worse scenario is if loads of our American friends see it early and start to discuss it early. Thankfully, I'm fairly certain this is very unlikely.

Anyway, I'm most worried about some stray bit of information finding its way onto my Facebook page via a Doctor Who fan page I haven't even liked.

That part, yeah, fair enough. I would sympathise on that one.
    Forum Member

He seems to be blaming Moffat for the screw up. Seriously is Moffat now in charge of Blu-ray/DVD distribution as well?
  • !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't. I checked.

Why? If a retailer gives someone else a legitimately bought copy of a disc, there's no rule or law in the world that stops them from telling people what's on it, regardless of whether the retailers messed up and sent it out early.
    Forum Member
    Oh well, if it's true then I'll just have to stop coming here for a week. That will make some posters happy I'm sure :)
  • UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    !!11oneone wrote: »
    Why? If a retailer gives someone else a legitimately bought copy of a disc, there's no rule or law in the world that stops them from telling people what's on it, regardless of whether the retailers messed up and sent it out early.

I think Monkey means uploading it to torrent sites.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Yes, it's true. The Blu-rays have been sent out early. A massive error somewhere. Soon it will be all over the internet.