Christine Bleakley Sacked?!?

Comments

• darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member

I think they've done the right thing.

She's OK, but she doesn't deserve mega-bucks. There are plenty of other presenters who could do the job just as well, or better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I like Christine and think she's a nice and classy lady, but I can also understand the BBC.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think her signing up with Adrian Chiles' agent was a pretty big hint that she was on her way to ITV, especially as her previous agent supposedly got sacked for trying to get her to sign with the BBC again. The BBC might have just done ITV a favour because now they might get her for less now that there is no bidding war.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    What a complete and utter mess.

Oh well, I'm sure ITV will be delighted.
  • Pop_ArtPop_Art Posts: 5,116
    Forum Member
    C14E wrote: »
    I think her signing up with Adrian Chiles' agent was a pretty big hint that she was on her way to ITV, especially as her previous agent supposedly got sacked for trying to get her to sign with the BBC again. The BBC might have just done ITV a favour because now they might get her for less now that there is no bidding war.
    Yeah I bet her new agency are gutted because with no bidding war ITV will get her at a cut down price.

This is a move she will end up regretting though. She should have been wise enough to stay at the BBC. In a few years she would have been their main female face of BBC One. She will not be that at ITV.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha, that is what you get for being greedy. The offer from iTV will be considerably lowered I hope :)
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank God - now we wont have to endure the "will she stay or will she go" headlines that we've been subjected to for the past month!!
  • JJRoJJRo Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DS red banner about it now. To be honest, I don't see what all the fuss is about :confused: She's an ok presenter, but the media hype recently has been ridiculous.
  • David McMahonDavid McMahon Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently the £900K upset some MP's!

Pot, kettle, black comes to mind!

I'd do it for £90k Wonder if they want me? :cry:

Will please ITV though, get her 'cheaper!
  • CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And this is Breaking news how?
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Brilliant!
    She should've just accepted the offer when it was on the table instead of playing BBC and ITV off against each other. Now she'll never get the payday she was hoping for at ITV.
    The Beeb were always gonna run scared once the Tories got involved.
  • clementine77clementine77 Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Serves her right for being greedy! Maybe now they can give the contract to someone who won't mess them around.
  • DiggingHeavsDiggingHeavs Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    This is a move she will end up regretting though. She should have been wise enough to stay at the BBC. In a few years she would have been their main female face of BBC One. She will not be that at ITV.

This. How many BBC stars have gone to ITV with the promise of a massive salary, and how many have disappeared into the ether? And the sure to be paired up with Chiles on the new GMTV seems like a career down grade compared to a primetime show. (And you have to get up and go to bed really early.)

I don't mind Christine too much but I'm glad the BBC refused to be egged into a bidding war in the way she publically and blatantly tried to get them to do. And now ITV will lowball their offer as well.

I'm not sorry she won't be presenting the Olympics either.
  • David McMahonDavid McMahon Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    their a smug icon?

I think this one suffices :p

Ha I got the story b4 anyone else! Except the BBC it seems!

Can I get £90K Maybe sell my story to the Red-top Papers?!? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    good..about time these egos where taken down a peg or two......
  • funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    To be honest she hasn't come out well with all this. I never really got the hype but after the Water skiing thing and Lampard she could pick and choose where she went. She played games and it has backfired!
  • gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    Good! She's been greedy it's nice to see the BBC aren't messing about. She's hardly a big presenter is she? She's more known for her relationship with a footballer than her presenting skills.
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good, get someone else in on £30,000 a year, there are hundreds of people that could and would do it well for that, it's only a few hours work a day after all. £870,000 saved right there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darling wrote: »
    I think they've done the right thing.

She's OK, but she doesn't deserve mega-bucks. There are plenty of other presenters who could do the job just as well, or better.

They have called her bluff and ITV will be chortling - they can now lower their offer.
  • GenieInABottle.GenieInABottle. Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    margurita wrote: »
    They have called her bluff and ITV will be chortling - they can now lower their offer.

Way I see it too. TBH it makes her look terrible!
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Good! She's been greedy it's nice to see the BBC aren't messing about. She's hardly a big presenter is she? She's more known for her relationship with a footballer than her presenting skills.

In fairness, I don't think that's strictly true.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why do people care so much?

she might be moving from one channel to another - WHO CARES?!

i dont get how that can even arise slight interest
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    she will be pissed now, Itv will get her for cut down price with no BBC offer.
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    margurita wrote: »

Not if she has already signed with them on the quiet. If she has ITV will be spitting !!!