any ideas what the big xmas movies on tv will be this yr 2010

THE HEADLESS DJTHE HEADLESS DJ Posts: 289
Forum Member
any ideas ... any gusses as to what they may put on as the big xmas movie/ movies this year on tv

Comments

• CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am seeing some suggestion that the BBC One Christms Day Afternoon movie, is Cars, which I might watch

not sure what else is on, cant wait to find out however
  • MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member
    I believe the BBC are showing the latest Indiana Jones film, whilst not the best it is still something to veg out with on Boxing Day
  • Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    These are some of the films that are rumoured to be on BBC this year :

Cars (2006) (Expected Christmas Day pm)
    Enchanted (2007)
    Bee Movie (2007)
    Kung Fu Panda (2007)
    An Education (2009)
    The Chronicles of Narnia:Prince Caspian(2008)
    Get Smart (2008)
    Night at the Museum (2006)
    The Golden Compass (2007)
    Nativity!(2009)
    Shrek the Third (2007)
    Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull(2008) (Expected Boxing Day evening)
    Ratatouille (2007)
    Meet the Robinsons (2007)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you have listed Shrek the Third twice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With cars 2 out next summer I expect cars on TV Christmas or Easter.

Also with the finale pending, harry potter perhaps?
  • bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With cars 2 out next summer I expect cars on TV Christmas or Easter.

Also with the finale pending, harry potter perhaps?

Harry Potter, guess ITV
  • Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see the point of showing the Golden Compass it was part one of a serial that never got compleated it does not realy stand up on it's own.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if anyone will show the 2nd Shrek specail,. Scared Shrekless
    SCARED SHREKLESS
    Australian Premiere
    Friday 24 December, 7.30pm ABC1
    The world’s most loved ogres are back – Shrek challenges Fiona, Donkey, Puss in Boots and the other fairytale characters to spend the night in Lord Farquaad’s haunted castle telling scary stories. One by one they compete through the night, putting their own fairytale spin on infamous spine-tingling tales that everyone knows and loves. (30min)

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/10/abc-to-fast-track-doctor-who-christmas-special.html
  • g-bhxug-bhxu Posts: 2,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know who'll be showing The Great Escape?
  • mr williamsmr williams Posts: 1,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...or "The Sound of Music"?
  • Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    off topic slightly, but are we getting a Screenwipe Review of the Year, this year?
  • THE HEADLESS DJTHE HEADLESS DJ Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »
    off topic slightly, but are we getting a Screenwipe Review of the Year, this year?

I hope not I rather watch The Great Escape again AND then eat my own sick whilst watchin Ghostbusters 2
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

PMSL :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see the point of showing the Golden Compass it was part one of a serial that never got compleated it does not realy stand up on it's own.

If it gets ratings, they'll show it.

It'll just be a shame if BBC chicken out showing new films in their proper ratio, if made in 2.35:1, as they've started to learn recently, but sometimes still throw in the towel.

ITV and Five seem to have just given up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope not I rather watch The Great Escape again AND then eat my own sick whilst watchin Ghostbusters 2
    no one is stopping you from doing either of those things.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    g-bhxu wrote: »
    Anyone know who'll be showing The Great Escape?

Bridge on the River Kwai was on Channel 4 yesterday afternoon, I was quite surprised they were showing such a big film in that time slot although at nearly three hours it's obviously difficult to accommodate.Perhaps their licence is about to run out - African Queen next Friday and they had Butch Cassidy in that slot a couple of weeks ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    Sky's première line-up is great for adults, families and kids

St Trinian's 2 (well, this one's a bit iffy)
    Fantastic Mr Fox
    Up in the Air

and then for New Year

Alice in Wonderland
    Alvin and the Chipmunks 2

And over on Sky Movies Christmas, viewers get to vote for the films to be shown on Xmas Day and Boxing Day
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And over on Sky Movies Christmas, viewers get to vote for the films to be shown on Xmas Day and Boxing Day

Out of a selection of selected films, no doubt. As such, you won't be able to vote for Reservoir Dogs, 3pm Xmas Day.
  • THE HEADLESS DJTHE HEADLESS DJ Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »
    no one is stopping you from doing either of those things.

Well thats good then
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    In typical fashion, one of the Shreks on the beeb and a HP on ITV...

Although personally, I'm hoping to see Kung fu panda ;)
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the BBC may surprise some with 2.35:1 presentations, quite a lot of those films are 2.35:1 and it is their premiere showing so they should have the rights to the proper ratio of them, on BBC ONE HD they certainly will be in 2.35:1 but I'm not sure about normal BBC ONE. If they crop them there will be complaints as to why they are ruining a HD picture by removing part of it, not somehting they'll want to attract complaints for considering the trouble the BBC HD channel caused.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    I think the BBC may surprise some with 2.35:1 presentations, quite a lot of those films are 2.35:1 and it is their premiere showing so they should have the rights to the proper ratio of them, on BBC ONE HD they certainly will be in 2.35:1 but I'm not sure about normal BBC ONE. If they crop them there will be complaints as to why they are ruining a HD picture by removing part of it, not somehting they'll want to attract complaints for considering the trouble the BBC HD channel caused.

As much as I'd like to see mainstream complaints, they probably won't get them. While we've seen 2.35:1 films during afternoons (both BBC1 & 2) and late evening on BBC1, and also after 9pm on BBC2 , I don't think we've had any early evening on BBC1 as they rarely broadcast films then. If whatever's on Xmas Day after Kate Middleton's grandma-in-law-to-be has said her piece, is a 2.35:1 film, if it gets broadcast that way on regular BBC1 then I'll bare my backside in Curry's window.