Blondie

DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
Forum Member
any fans out there.

i love them i think there amazing just wached some of there videos from recent performances and man does Debbie still have it :D

i got into there music when i played Vice City and GTA 3 :p even though i weren't born when they came i absolutely love most of there songs, you can see the comparisons with Madonna and GaGa in her.

i really want to see them live, i just found out they quite recently Toured aswel so im gutted i missed that :( but i was shocked there tour wasnt in Arena's i mean they were big in the 80's and there music IS STILL played to this day with the likes of 'Call me' 'Atomic' and 'Heart of glass' etc.

Comments

• toyotacitytoyotacity Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love them!

Seen them 27 times since 1998, loved them since 1983

Fave album Autoamerican, Eat to the beat and Parallel lines in that order
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    i wanna see then LIVE they seem amazing LIVE

I love Debbie she was so sexy in the 80's :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I do like Blondie, my favourites are Heart of Glass and Maria.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Heart of Glass and The Tide Is High are the only songs of hers I know but she sounds good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    toyotacity wrote: »
    Love them!

Seen them 27 times since 1998, loved them since 1983

Fave album Autoamerican, Eat to the beat and Parallel lines in that order

Forgot to add

Fave songs, Atomic, Slow Motion, Pretty Baby, Attack of the giant ants, Kung Fu Girls, Conact in Red Square, Golden Rod, Heat of Glass, Warchild
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    I'm not a die hard fan but I love most of their singles. I have tried to get into them loads over my life but I just never have (I never get further than the singles :o)

If anyone is interested, the vileness of the Daily Mail is giving away the full Parallel Lines album tomorrow
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a die hard fan but I love most of their singles. I have tried to get into them loads over my life but I just never have (I never get further than the singles :o)

If anyone is interested, the vileness of the Daily Mail is giving away the full Parallel Lines album tomorrow

and 3 songs from the Forthcoming album "Panic of Girls" added onto the end
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Musical genius, even more so in their heyday where their beacon was as bright in the brilliance stakes as ABBA amongst the surrounding pop chart mediocrity.
    Forum Member
    and 3 songs from the Forthcoming album "Panic of Girls" added onto the end

I didn't know they were still releasing stuff.

They went completely downhill after the big split they had. I remember on some awards show they won an award and both halves of the band were there, but Debbie's half was performing and the other half weren't, and she said "I'm performing with my band". Ouch.

There was a very interesting documentary about them on TV a while ago. I think it was BBC Four.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh yeah new material is still coming

They toured the new album in June or July, went to see them at the Manchester Apollo and their new stuff is excellent, it's typical Blondie, but still out there and fresh and better than half the crap in the charts
    Forum Member
    oh yeah new material is still coming

They toured the new album in June or July, went to see them at the Manchester Apollo and their new stuff is excellent, it's typical Blondie, but still out there and fresh and better than half the crap in the charts

:eek: I would have went! I never knew they were touring! I lived in Manchester then as well, and I am usually up to date with live shows!

It probably won't chart well because music has to be throwaway to chart now it seems :(
  • gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie are fab. I love most of their songs, but Heart of glass and Denis are my all time favourites.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    it gets me thought cause surely they can sell Arenas ?
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to be negative, but although I can appreciate Debbie as a style icon, I"ve never gotten into their music. I find it very formulaic. I find a lot of other 80's bands like the Cure, Depeche Mode and Duran Duran so much more interesting and innovative from a musical point of view.
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i liked their early 'parallel lines' era... the 60's esque new wave material. thought they chased the dollar too much though, chameleon like changing their style to court the greatest audience. hence i wasnt too keen on their later disco material (didnt like disco anyway), or debbies attempt at rapping. however in saying that i dont think they released a bad pop song.

my favs .... '(im always touched by your) presence dear' , 'hanging on the telephone' and 'picture this'.
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Love them.:)

Have all their albums either in CD, on my phone or on my iPod.

They've had some weaker spots, but I do like most of their work.:)
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie also helped bring hip hop to the masses with there song 'rapture'..they are credited as the first Pop/Mainstream artist to feature a "rap" in there song..it was the first rap single to reach number one in the USA
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    Parallel Lines is one of my all time favourite albums. I heard one of their new songs a while back on a music festival coverage show; think it was called What I Heard?. Really liked it.

Debbie is amazing. Love her.
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the first two albums, Blondie and Plastic Letters, after Parallel Lines they got too commercial for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    Atomic is brilliant, and Touched By Your Presence.

Maria is also lyrically brilliant, I think.
  • SambdaSambda Posts: 6,210
    Forum Member
    There was a very interesting documentary about them on TV a while ago. I think it was BBC Four.

That's great that documentary. The end bit - with all the ex-members attending the same ceremony whilst vowing to stave each other's heads in - is car-crash TV.

I know there has been friction in many bands (Who, Kinks, Beatles) but has it ever got so nasty as with Blondie. They are all suing each other! App since that documentary was made, Jimmy Destri, the organist has been kicked out too, and he is also now taking legal action.
  • Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a recent fan and bought the greatest hits album due to me loving Call Me after Diana Vickers sang it on X Factor
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sigh... Debbie Harry...Yearned over by mortal men & idolised by women (a rare combination).
    Blondie were the 'bomb' during the height of their popularity, cool as fcuk and tight killer tunes, most of which were written by Debbie & Chris. She wasnt just a pretty face! Atomic is one of the greatest tunes ever. Their first five albums are brilliant. They were also one of the earliest and most successful groups of their time for blending musical genres. And then Debbie gave it all up to look after Chris... What a dame...;) I love you Debbie!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely adore them. I think they were so ahead of their time in many ways and theyir music still stans up as catchy pop today. Hanging On The Telephone is probably my favourite ever but the whole Parallel Lines album is fantastic as is most of their work.
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    I love Debbie Harry and Blondie, they were really massive when I was a little kid and I had Parallel Lines on cassette tape. If Chris Stein hadn't got ill and Debbie hadn't taken years off to look after him, she would've been as big as Madonna for whom she was the prototype. Madonna took a lot of her early influence from Debbie (she admitted it) and then had the advantage of Debbie being away from the music scene at the time she was making it big in the 80s (IMO).